ADVERTISEMENT

We have met our enemy and he is us

Goodness gracious, you make 3 responses to a single post. Obsess much?

You don't realize it, but you actually looking up the word "gullible" means that you're gullible enough to believe that gullible might not be in the dictionary, which is kind of the whole point.

And I didn't bail on anything ... I made my point ... you have no actual proof, just a lack of proof of something else, which was exactly my point with the Amelia Earhart reference.

I'm still waiting for you to prove that you didn't kill her and stash her plane someplace ... Nobody has come up with any other explanations, so that has to be it, and you can't prove that you didn't, so that just confirms that it must be that. Now, as ridiculous as all of that is ... saying that you're responsible for Amelia Earhart because there is no other answer presented, is exactly as logical as your argument is regarding creationism. Just because we haven't proven something else isn't proof that it has to be that.

Believe what you want ... that's fine, and if it works for you then that's great ... but it isn't FACT. And saying that nobody can reproduce a leaf doesn't prove it to be fact, it only proves that we haven't made a leaf yet. To which I say, why would anybody want to? Maybe that's why nobody has? We have cloned other things though.
I think you're just blaming the black dude for the demise of poor Amelia.

Reactions: atlkvb
I agree completely regarding science. I think it's the height of arrogance to proclaim an answer for something that is unknowable, which is what makes science so fascinating. Always more discovery and learning and peeling back the onion so to speak.

Regarding stem cell research ... I read recently that they grew a liver through stem cells and they've also grown noses and ears. That's fascinating. I'm currently on the transplant list waiting for a kidney. And while it's amazing that we can take an organ from one person and put it in another, that still seems incredibly primitive to me. That's how we fix cars. My issue is genetic, so maybe my son has the same thing and he'll need a kidney someday. It would be amazing if they could grow one from his own tissue and eliminate the need for all of the anti-rejection medication that makes you vulnerable to so many other things.
Sorry to hear about your health issues, and as long as religion doesn't try to impede scientific progress I think your son will have more options. I do worry however, because science just doesn't get the respect it deserves by a large group of people in our nation and the world.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, and as long as religion doesn't try to impede scientific progress I think your son will have more options. I do worry however, because science just doesn't get the respect it deserves by a large group of people in our nation and the world.

I've mentioned it before in another thread, so I don't want to rehash everything here ... but I'm actually thankful for my health issues because it lead to a lot of positive changes in my life. My attitude and how I look at things. I'm a better person now than I was before.

I don't know yet that my son has it. It's pretty much definite that 50% of offspring get it, and I only have the one son so maybe he doesn't. If I had 2, one of them definitely would.

Regarding science ... it's entirely possible that science and religion are convergent paths, even though it always seems they are diverging. There was an article in National Geographic about 10 years ago "The Greatest Story Ever Told". Through all of our DNA research and everything they have concluded that everybody on the earth today is the descendant of a single woman thousands of years ago. I mitochondrial "eve". Now, this is no way proves the story of Adam and Eve as told in the Bible, and doesn't reconcile all the other things in Genesis that don't make any sense and basically couldn't have happened (like people living to be 300+ years old), but it is an example of something where science and religion could be on convergent paths.

It's amazing to think of what we might discover in another 100 years. Especially when you look at what we've done in the last 100. If you think back to the Jetsons, they had the talking robot maid that would do things for them, and now we have something similar with the Amazon devices that will control things in your home and all of that via voice recognition. They had the video screens on the walls and talked face to face for phone calls, and now everybody can face time and do the same with their handheld devices. All this stuff that used to be space age fantasy stuff, are things we are doing now. We have laser guided weapons, and even weapons that just shoot out an electromagnetic pulse that disables the electronics in anything it hits.

So, going back to the topic that started all of this .... based on what we know now, we have a couple different theories on how everything got here, and both have pretty serious holes. But that's just based on what we know now. It's like coming to a conclusion in a murder investigation based on the first piece of evidence found. In the coming decades and centuries and millennia, we're going to discover so much more that it's foolish to say we've reached any kind of conclusions now.

but I'm actually thankful for my health issues because it lead to a lot of positive changes in my life. My attitude and how I look at things.

Hey WhiteTailEER... know this fellow Mountaineer...many Prayers for your eventual health & healing. You may not totally believe this, but healing starts with believing and believing starts by asking for it. Prayer my friend is always heard and you need to know many many Prayers are being offered for you after I mentioned your situation to my Prayer group. We are Praying for your healing.

You and I certainly had (have) our disagreements over how we all got here, but I'm perfectly OK with your thoughts about it, in fact I agree we will surely learn more as we progress in our discovery of it all. Nothing we learn however in my opinion will alter how we really got here, and what made us so.

Just sincerely believe my Man all that is asked for you is all good and can come for you if your heart is receptive. God Bless fellow Mountaineer...Merry Christmas and the best to you and your Family for the New Year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT