ADVERTISEMENT

we have 18 offensive lineman, 4 DT's, and 6 DE's

WESTBGVA

All-American
Jan 26, 2002
Edenton NC
no offense.I know a three down line is less than a five..but if we get a few injuries on the defensive side of the ball, we could be forced to move a couple from offense to defense..it's happened before, I can't remember his name, but he went from the OL and started on the DL..he was from Maryland..

Last edited:
no offense.I know a three down line is less than a five..but if we get a few injuries on the defensive side of the ball, we could be forced to move a couple from offense to defense..it's happened before, I can't remember his name, but he went from the OL and started on the DL..he was from Maryland..

I think you basically answered your own worry - with the DL only playing 3 for a full alignment, then 10 defensive linemen equal 3.3 full defensive lines. With the OL playing 5, then 18 offensive linemen equal 3.6 full offensive lines.

3.3 DL lines vs. 3.6 OL - basically the same in that respect, although a loss on the defensive side of the ball would hurt more. The offense could absorb close to two losses for every one on the defensive side.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I think you basically answered your own worry - with the DL only playing 3 for a full alignment, then 10 defensive linemen equal 3.3 full defensive lines. With the OL playing 5, then 18 offensive linemen equal 3.6 full offensive lines.

3.3 DL lines vs. 3.6 OL - basically the same in that respect, although a loss on the defensive side of the ball would hurt more. The offense could absorb close to two losses for every one on the defensive side.

Monroe County.............I see where you are trying to go.

It wasn't Wes Ours, was it?....as I recall, he did a bit of everything....remember 1 game where the opposition on-side kicked to him when he was wearing a linemans number....Damn! but he made them pay for that....

It wasn't Wes Ours, was it?....as I recall, he did a bit of everything....remember 1 game where the opposition on-side kicked to him when he was wearing a linemans number....Damn! but he made them pay for that....

What does that say for the future. More7-5 8-4s can't outscore everyone in the B12

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT