ADVERTISEMENT

We beat VT by 25 on their own court and didn't even play an average game.

I thought it was our most impressive performance to date. Definately a marked improvement in our half court game. Great ball movement.

I thought it was our most impressive performance to date. Definately a marked improvement in our half court game. Great ball movement.

I thought we threw the ball away more than usual on offense and allowed too many open drives for easy lay-ups on defense, but the effort is always there.

Last edited:
I agree about Ahmad. I think he's going to be outstanding. Myers.....ahhh.....not so sure what he can provide other than foul-trouble depth. He's really struggling from the times I've seen him.

Layups by the other team is a risk/reward of Press Virginia.
When you shoot 20 or 25 more times than the other guy, though, the odds are in your favor.
Plus, by the second half, WVU's opponents regularly shoot below their season free throw percentages because they're so exhausted. It's a package. And not package is perfect. You strengthen here, you weaken there. It's a chess game. And Huggins is the chessmaster!

If Dana did as well, we'd all be euphoric about all WVU sports!

I was fortunate enough to attend the game yesterday... What a difference it is to see them play in person. The crowd was absolutely lopsided (in WVU's favor). Of course you had a few sore losers but most VT fans were great and thought very highly of the Mountaineer's team. The game got a little too aggressive at one point which I expected since it is a rivalry game. I was very pleased with their performance and wished I lived closer to MTown so I could attend more of their games...

I was hoping Huggs would do "The Curly Shuffle" at midcourt after the game, just to show Buzz how it's really done.

Buzz may look like Curly, but he doesn't have the moves.

Couple thoughts:
Myers provided quality minutes on the defensive side at the end of the first half. If he ever gets comfortable on offense, we will be that much more dangerous.
I absolutely love watching Buzz flip out on the sideline every timeout. Couldn't be a better fit for a better college bball coach than Blacksburg. Karma is a B.
We shot very well yesterday, so even with some sloppy turnovers, I'd call it a very good performance. We forced a lot of turnovers and dominated the glass. We did it with Williams not logging a ton of minutes as well.
Hope we came out unscathed. I haven't read up on some of the injuries that happened during the game. We need Carter for sure, though Phillip is a pleasant surprise so far.

I was hoping Huggs would do "The Curly Shuffle" at midcourt after the game, just to show Buzz how it's really done.

Buzz may look like Curly, but he doesn't have the moves.

That guy annoyed me the whole game. It seemed like VT had six men on the court as much as he was on it. He was a good 3-5 ft from the sidelines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT