ADVERTISEMENT

Want a laugh... Michigan to the Big 12!!

Michigan would never bolt & end the rivalry with Ohio State to play WVU & Texas, et al.

The BXII, whenever or if ever expanding, should try to lure away other P5 teams though, yeah, and think outside the box like this. Why not? Every other power conference has successfully done it.

There are enough Michiganders who spend the winter in South Texas to pull it off. I can see it now, "The University of Michigan-Trailer Parks of Corpus Christi" branch.

I would think you would have better luck getting a Penn State or Nebraska to switch from the B10 than Michigan. Maybe even Iowa, but not Michigan.

I don't think any of schools you have mentioned would ever consider leaving the big 10 for the Big 12. Nebraska Left the big 12 for obvious reasons why would they ever come back to the same headaches. There is one thing for certain there will always be a Big 10 and SEC the others will probably exist but it what form in the future

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
What a jokester this writer is. He seems to think Michigan would dominate. Didn't the Mountaineers, under the guise of Appalachian State, beat them in their "big house"?!

http://www.bringonthecats.com/2016-...720704/big-12-expansion-the-case-for-michigan

Oklahoma and Texas are the only schools in the Big 12 that are comparable to Michigan in terms of resources and tradition. Now that Michigan has JH as coach I could see them very easily dominating Big 12 schools in football. They might not win the conference every year but they would probably finish top 3 with JH on most years and probably better as long as Texas is under performing. There is a reason why schools like Ok, Tx and Michigan have 80k + stadiums and the rest of the Big 12 has 45-60K stadiums.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Just when I think posters have run out of wild-ass scenarios, they prove me wrong again. Michigan and Ohio State are tied together till the end of time in the Big 10, which has 12 teams, and the Wolverines will not go to the Big 12, which has 10 teams. Just because these conferences are terrible in naming math doesn't mean they're stupid. But we have 2 1/2 months to the opening of football season so I suspect more wild-ass scenarios are being cooked up in grandma's basement (unfortunately, not by 12-year-olds but by "adults".)

Good night, Gracie.

Just when I think posters have run out of wild-ass scenarios, they prove me wrong again. Michigan and Ohio State are tied together till the end of time in the Big 10, which has 12 teams, and the Wolverines will not go to the Big 12, which has 10 teams. Just because these conferences are terrible in naming math doesn't mean they're stupid. But we have 2 1/2 months to the opening of football season so I suspect more wild-ass scenarios are being cooked up in grandma's basement (unfortunately, not by 12-year-olds but by "adults".)

Good night, Gracie.

Actually, the Big 10 has 14 teams with the additions of Maryland and Rutgers.

Everyone realizes the article was a tongue-in-cheek spoof, right? The writer was actually poking fun at the delusional mentality of Michigan fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT