ADVERTISEMENT

VT shouldn't be a huge game but it is

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
The reasons this shouldn't be a huge game are obvious. VT is straight up trash right now. Even in Blacksburg at night, this should be a thrashing.

Why is it a huge game? This game will clearly declare what kind of program we have right now.

Pitt is a good but not great team and we should have won that
Kansas actually looks like it is solid and we absolutely should have beat them as well.

If this is all true then we should be able to walk into Blacksburg and have a solid 10-14 point win. If we get beat then it states that we are also straight up trash as well.

Win this game and the heat dies down. Lose this game and that Hot Seat becomes a full on blaze and drastic measures need to be considered.

The reasons this shouldn't be a huge game are obvious. VT is straight up trash right now. Even in Blacksburg at night, this should be a thrashing.

Why is it a huge game? This game will clearly declare what kind of program we have right now.

Pitt is a good but not great team and we should have won that
Kansas actually looks like it is solid and we absolutely should have beat them as well.

If this is all true then we should be able to walk into Blacksburg and have a solid 10-14 point win. If we get beat then it states that we are also straight up trash as well.

Win this game and the heat dies down. Lose this game and that Hot Seat becomes a full on blaze and drastic measures need to be considered.
There are rivalry games that it doesn’t matter record or rankings. Pitt/WVU is one. The other is WVU/VT. And it’s in Blacksburg as you mentioned at night. Let’s not assume anything.

Reactions: Eerwax and Cheers
Its a huge game for me only because of the rivalry history. Winning it doesnt get Neal off the hot seat in my mind though. That ship has sailed. He would have to win out.

Reactions: pressvirginia
WVU will win if the VT quarterback attempts to try to play like he's Brett Favre. At Marshall, he was a turnover waiting to happen, all because he tries to force throws into tight coverage. If your DBs can catch, then I like WVU to win by 10 to 17 points.

Reactions: Cheers
WVU will win if the VT quarterback attempts to try to play like he's Brett Favre. At Marshall, he was a turnover waiting to happen, all because he tries to force throws into tight coverage. If your DBs can catch, then I like WVU to win by 10 to 17 points.
No one cares what you think...why don't you take it to the Michigan board?

Va. Tech offense ranks near the bottom in every category.

They lost to Old Dominon, beat BC then Struggled against Wofford .

Reactions: Cheers and steeleer
There are rivalry games that it doesn’t matter record or rankings. Pitt/WVU is one. The other is WVU/VT. And it’s in Blacksburg as you mentioned at night. Let’s not assume anything.
I'm not. Maryland used to be a huge rivalry too. Remember when Rodimus Prime took a pissed of Owen Schmitt and Steve Slaton in College Park for that night game? Did that feel like it was going to remotely be a real game? F#$k no.

Well that should be the difference between this squad and that VT squad. WVU has above average talent and this is literally the worst VT team since back in the early 80's when Beamer first took over. WVU is 1-2. They should be pissed after playing only two real games and losing both of them when they should have won.

This is what an ass beating should look like. I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:
How can the OP describe Virginia Tech as trash compared to WVU?
Maybe because they are literal trash. We just play like trash because our coach is for shit.
I foresee us barely winning this in an effort that will set back the game of football about 50 years. That won't cut it.

ADVERTISEMENT