ADVERTISEMENT

VT’s Fuentes linked to Arkansas job

I would go with Leach because his offense was similar to Petrino and Petrino was having success there before... “the incident.”

I don't think they stand a chance with Campbell. Kiffin would love a chance to get back to SEC. But I agree I think they take a shot at Leach.

Ask Bobby P. how he did at Arkansas.

34-17 overall and finished 5th in the polls his final season before almost killing his girlfriend.

Another stupid comment by Greggy.

Arkansas is a much better job.
A) Money- I can list the big time boosters around their program
B) Platform- Bigger sharks but you are have a much bigger stage
C) Overall dedication
Arkansas is a school who is 100% behind their athletic programs

Va Tech has had a great run recently but for whatever reason they don't have that rabid fanbase that will do anything to win at football.

Arkansas does.
I have said before. Arkansas in the ACC would be an annual Top 10 program just like Ole Miss.

As great as the Big 12 South was the SEC West has become that and more.
Few years ago I think they had 7 out of the Top 10 programs in the country.

Massive step down for Leach. Way less pressure in a far weaker conference.

Arky needs to get back to the Big 12. Literally it would fix everything. People complain about the drop in money, but being relevant increases booster donations...at worst a wash.

Reactions: locustwv
I hate Va Tech. I really do, but Arkansas is NOT a better job than Va Tech. Va Tech has been keeping up on their facilities upgrades, their fans are very supportive and other than Clemson, the ACC is weak. If Fuentes is a halfway decent coach, which I don’t believe he is, he should be dominating the Coastal side of the conference.

I hate Va Tech. I really do, but Arkansas is NOT a better job than Va Tech. Va Tech has been keeping up on their facilities upgrades, their fans are very supportive and other than Clemson, the ACC is weak. If Fuentes is a halfway decent coach, which I don’t believe he is, he should be dominating the Coastal side of the conference.

Arkansas has Top 10 facilities.

Another stupid comment by Greggy.

Arkansas is a much better job.
A) Money- I can list the big time boosters around their program
B) Platform- Bigger sharks but you are have a much bigger stage
C) Overall dedication
Arkansas is a school who is 100% behind their athletic programs

Va Tech has had a great run recently but for whatever reason they don't have that rabid fanbase that will do anything to win at football.

Arkansas does.
I have said before. Arkansas in the ACC would be an annual Top 10 program just like Ole Miss.

As great as the Big 12 South was the SEC West has become that and more.
Few years ago I think they had 7 out of the Top 10 programs in the country.

The world according to Texass I mean Pride I mean douch or whatever haha

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
The ranking of jobs is always based on the coach.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

But VA Tech has never showed a dedication to football that Arkansas has.

Arkansas has some of the richest people in the world around their football program.
These people will give anything to see Arkansas win at any sport.

Yeah, it ain’t working.

Life in the SEC West

But the dedication is there so for a coach who wants to win they can get everything they asked for.
Huge difference.

Just matters the coach. Va Tech is probably a much harder job to win at a high level.

Arkansas biggest problem is they're in the SEC west
Alabama
LSU
Auburn
Miss. State
Ole Miss
Texas A&M

They have lost 19 straight SEC conference games and 23 out of the last 25

Chris Ault, once mentored Petrino on his scheme It's called the pistol.

The Petrino family coaching tree has a pretty simple offensive philosophy. Don’t get caught up in shoehorning a team into a pro-style, option or spread offense.

Just feed the studs.

Rodriguez ran the same offense at Glenville State before becoming OC at Tulsa then Clemson. He came to WVU and changed to a zone read offense. Especially for Pat White.

What he said. To add, I hope that Fuente stays good and long because I also believe he sucks and it's only being masked by being in the worst division in P5 football.

Reactions: spartansstink
Which in no way says that Petrino is an “Air Raid Disciple.”

I am not going to argue with you over something that silly. You want to feel you are right and I am wrong, be my guest.
not arguing but I don't think that Leach and Petrino are Similar. Outside of the years Petrino had jackson his offenses were pretty conservative. nothing like Leach at all.

Arkansas has some of the richest people in the world around their football program.

You’re such a moron. VT won 10 games per season a couple of times right? Now like my puppet boy that you are hit up google, realize VT won 9 games quite a few in a row, move the goal posts and spew a narrative that no one cares about.

1, 2, 3.........GO!!!!

In different circumstances.

Va Tech was in the Big East and the ACC
A far cry from the SEC West

VA Tech in the SEC West wouldn't have won many games

Reactions: Avon
Va. Tech in the SEC West would have been and OLE Miss / Miss. State level.

I would love to see Leach at Arkansas. Could be a complete train wreck or a lot of fun to watch. Either way, I would like to see it.

What he said. To add, I hope that Fuente stays good and long because I also believe he sucks and it's only being masked by being in the worst division in P5 football.

This is so true. Winning 8, 9, 10 games in that division/conference is akin to running in the Special Olympics and thinking you are Usain Bolt. When you play the likes of BC, Duke, Wake, UVA, and Pitt every year to go along with 3 D-II level opponents who give you a good game or in most of the ACC's case, beat you, it tends to make you think you're better than you are.

Alas, we don't have to fear WVU getting into that sewage pit. The rats aren't about to let that happen. We'd be top 3 in both football and basketball about every year.

VT wasnt winning because they were in the Big East, they were winning because they were one of the best teams in the nation. They would have won just as many games in the SEC.

The Big East back then wasnt a lesser conference than the acc or B10 have been lately and no one is bitching about Ohio State or Clemson-- VT wasnt as dominant in a more evenly balanced Big East but was one of the countries best for a few years.

Last edited:

The Arkansas that has been in the dregs for years? Nearly since their SW Conference days?

VT has been the more prominent program for decades, which shows their base is much more interested in success. Arkansas is just collecting easy money in the SEC.

VT wasnt winning because they were in the Big East, they were winning because they were one of the best teams in the nation. They would have won just as many games in the SEC.

The Big East back then wasnt a lesser conference than the acc or B10 have been lately and no one is bitching about Ohio State or Clemson-- VT wasnt as dominant in a more evenly balanced Big East but was one of the countries best for a few years.
Unlike Ohio State and Clemson, Va. Tech hasn't won national titles, so you're overstating the cHokies strength a tad bit.

Ohio State and Clemson are overly supported by the media despite any performance or their conference--making it much more likely they could be in position to PLAY for an MNC in the first place.

But my discussion is the conferences they play in rather than those specific teams themselves. The Big Ten is clearly not at the same level as Ohio State, and the acc is a laughing stock compared to Clemson. They are much more easily able to run through these conferences than VT ever could in the Big East, yet they all still made the championship game because that team was very good, not because their conference was not at their level (and the Big East was a more balanced conference than today's acc or B10 anyway). And no one compained about the weakness of the acc or the Big Ten as an "excuse" as people do with the Big East.

Unlike Ohio State and Clemson, Va. Tech hasn't won national titles, so you're overstating the cHokies strength a tad bit.

They do however have an empty place in their football trophy case, complete with a placard engraved "space reserved for future national championship". To say they are delusional and entitled doesn't even scratch the surface.

Buckaineer: The Media does not select the CFP participants; a committee of so-called experts does. Moreover, your narrative is blown to smithereens when you consider that Ohio State was a 13-1 conference champion in 2018, but did not make the CFP, after having been a 12-2 conference champion and not invited to the CFP the season before. The only way to avoid any chance of missing the dance is to win all of your games, as the CFP won't leave out an undefeated Power 5 conference champion, unless there are five of them, which is extremely unlikely.

Buckaineer: The Media does not select the CFP participants; a committee of so-called experts does. Moreover, your narrative is blown to smithereens when you consider that Ohio State was a 13-1 conference champion in 2018, but did not make the CFP, after having been a 12-2 conference champion and not invited to the CFP the season before. The only way to avoid any chance of missing the dance is to win all of your games, as the CFP won't leave out an undefeated Power 5 conference champion, unless there are five of them, which is extremely unlikely.
You're right any power five team that goes undefeated is almost a lock for the playoff. LSU is the only team that could lose this weekend and probably still be a sure thing based on their body of work. If Clemson lost they would be out. If Ohio state lost they would probably still have a 50/50 chance but if they all win they all should go and deservedly so.

tOSUGrad--SURELY you are not so naive as to pretend the media does not GREATLY influence the committees thinking and voting. In fact the committee largely parrots what the media hand delivers to them for their first, and every vote.

They don't put on blinders during football season and ignore all the input the media is sending them. You are here for the sole purpose of spreading B10 propaganda in the first place, as are others to put out acc and SEC propoganda, so I'm quite certain you understand influence of all types of media--otherwise you would not be here.

tOSU was left out at 13-1 because they lost to the only team they played in blowout fashion and had scored 0 points in the playoff the season before despite being once again gifted a spot--not to mention it was two years in a row the B10 failed to score even one point in the playoff. That and there were (at least) four better teams and its a four team playoff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT