ADVERTISEMENT

VPI 4.5 point favorite

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
Per Brett McMurphy, the LV Superbook announced several point spreads for big Week 1 matchups in college football. Among those games was the contest featuring the Virginia Tech Hokies and the West Virginia Mountaineers at FedEx Field. The Hokies open as a 4.5-point favorite over the Mountaineers.

Well this shouldn't be a surprise wvu hasn't beaten a ranked team in almost 3 years and hasn't beaten a team on a neutral site or away that finished in the top 25 since 2012.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Yeah and all that past has what to do with this season?

Yeah and all that past has what to do with this season?
It has nothing to do with the upcoming season. Vegas odds makers set lines trying to get even money on both teams and the compulsive gamblers aren't going to bet on teams that fail to win big games like wvu has in recent memory.

That line has actually moved compared to even earlier early odds. WVU was originally 6 point (or so ) dogs. ....maybe it's WG or possibly that 6 point spread was never liked by the betting public.

Reactions: 43rd Parallel
It has nothing to do with the upcoming season. Vegas odds makers set lines trying to get even money on both teams and the compulsive gamblers aren't going to bet on teams that fail to win big games like wvu has in recent memory.

Gamblers are going to bet for one reason or another. Vegas just tries to break even with it's money. It has nothing to do with who beat who when where what or why. The odds are now 5 1/2 that you start a new troll thread or post a troll response.

I disagree and get along with other posters.

I just keep reminding myself that I'm always right and debating with inferior intellect is fruitless.

giphy.gif

When last seen, the Gobble-Gobbles were beating Arkansas in a bowl (after losing the ACC title game by 7 to the eventual national champion) while West Virginia was getting thumped by a Miami team that lost to VPI by 21.

The fact that the line is only 4 shows that serious bettors dig deeper than comparing scores.

Reactions: GoWVU
Absolutely. The perfect line draws equal amounts of money on either team. That way Vegas wins no matter how the game turns out. That's why the line will keep moving till gameday to entice either WVU or Virginia Tech gambling supporters.

Absolutely. The perfect line draws equal amounts of money on either team. That way Vegas wins no matter how the game turns out. That's why the line will keep moving till gameday to entice either WVU or Virginia Tech gambling supporters.
Im not sure why people have a hard time understanding how spreads work. Its what gets equal bets on both teams. It has nothing to do with who they actually think will win.

Gamblers are going to bet for one reason or another. Vegas just tries to break even with it's money. It has nothing to do with who beat who when where what or why. The odds are now 5 1/2 that you start a new troll thread or post a troll response.
What like this troll response from you?

Yeah because any person using real money, would bet on this defense with a no deep threat passing attack to try and outscore people. And spare me Durante who is buried on the depth chart. 4.5 might be good money to put on vt

That's the thing, I can get by if I 1/4 ass it. You struggle mightily if you only give 1/2. It's completely unacceptable. Take a long look at that mug of yours in the mirror and get back on track lil fella.

757 posts and 67 likes. You must be quarter assing it

Per Brett McMurphy, the LV Superbook announced several point spreads for big Week 1 matchups in college football. Among those games was the contest featuring the Virginia Tech Hokies and the West Virginia Mountaineers at FedEx Field. The Hokies open as a 4.5-point favorite over the Mountaineers.

Sounds about right. Anyone think differently?

That line has actually moved compared to even earlier early odds. WVU was originally 6 point (or so ) dogs. ....maybe it's WG or possibly that 6 point spread was never liked by the betting public.

Are there actually people betting games now without knowing one thing about these teams post summer camp? No wonder the bookie business is lucrative.

Are there actually people betting games now without knowing one thing about these teams post summer camp? No wonder the bookie business is lucrative.

Well Mouth...some of those people earned themselves a huge betting edge.

Well Mouth...some of those people earned themselves a huge betting edge.

Hey sugar retard my point hasn't changed. You think they will be happy with their 6 points if QB goes down and two lineman are ineligible for opener?

I disagree and get along with other posters.

I just keep reminding myself that I'm always right and debating with inferior intellect is fruitless.

I always get a kick out of the ones that try to convince others how smart they are. This site has more of those then CMU haha! At least there I new everyone was smart. I believe you are smart and would love to take you to dinner at my country club but you are way to edgy sweetheart. Loosen up and quit trying to intellectually show off. Try being sweet and real. Is dinner out of the question?

I always get a kick out of the ones that try to convince others how smart they are. This site has more of those then CMU haha! At least there I new everyone was smart. I believe you are smart and would love to take you to dinner at my country club but you are way to edgy sweetheart. Loosen up and quit trying to intellectually show off. Try being sweet and real. Is dinner out of the question?

Intellectually showing off in your world really isn't all that difficult.

ADVERTISEMENT