ADVERTISEMENT

Vernon-would one thread per topic be possible?

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001
If you read other schools boards--most do not allow 500 threads by the same posters i.e bashing the coaching staff, former AD, etc.

Why do those who run WVU boards allow this?

Since nothing is being done to clean up the boards--which ARE viewed by recruits and their families--would it at least be possible to put the endless threads attacking the coaching staff into just ONE thread?

Seriously, why are these people allowed to make thread after thread after thread on the same subject? There's no benefit to this--they can run their endless drivel in one thread can't they? So that other topics such as games, etc. can be discussed?

Why have a board if its just for trolling and endless attacks on the West Virginia University athletic programs?

Most high school recruits are spending their time with there friends and not reading whats on the message boards. Maybe you should write to Mitch Vingle and ask him to tell. The Washington post, Dr Saturday, NBC sports to stop reprinting his article its more likely to be seen by recruits then whats written here. Maybe you should contact DH and ask him to start beating teams with equal or lesser talent on a consistent basis so fans on the message board would stop bashing him and sports reporters would stop writing articles questioning his job status. An on the question of job status maybe you should contact Shane Lyons and ask him to make a statement so he can put the topic to rest

Last edited:
What are you afraid of? You can still spend all your time railing against the coaching staff as you have since the day he set foot in Morgantown. Its just that it won't completely clutter up the board and ruin the board.

What are you afraid of? You can still spend all your time railing against the coaching staff as you have since the day he set foot in Morgantown. Its just that it won't completely clutter up the board and ruin the board.

I don't exactly know what your complaint is. When you come on to this board you can pick and choose what read. If someone starts 100 threads on the same topic then save your time and read it once. It doesn't stop you from creating the same thread 100 times. If you worried about recruits coming on here and reading whats posted after a loss then there is a good chance they came on here after a win and read all the praise. information is dispersed in many forms and through different outlets. We have progressed since the days of the telegraph.

If you read other schools boards--most do not allow 500 threads by the same posters i.e bashing the coaching staff, former AD, etc.

Since nothing is being done to clean up the boards--which ARE viewed by recruits and their families--would it at least be possible to put the endless threads attacking the coaching staff into just ONE thread?

Seriously, why are these people allowed to make thread after thread after thread on the same subject? There's no benefit to this--they can run their endless drivel in one thread can't they? So that other topics such as games, etc. can be discussed?

Why have a board if its just for trolling and endless attacks on the West Virginia University athletic programs?
Use the 'IGNORE POSTER' feature. Their threads and responses don't show up in your feed. It's glorious.

th

Some of us that are upset are not trolls. I'm not going to continue pounding at my displeasure. Surely, you recognize the threads that are criticizing those of us that are upset and not blindly following along, far outnumber those of us that have unfavorable opinions of where the football program is right now.

The problem isn't that there is criticism, or even that there is outright trolling by people that no one knows where they come from or who they actually represent.

Its the flooding of the message boards with nothing but negativity. Everything overblown and derailing of every thread so that a few can bash the WVU program and coaches. Then the same people whine that recruits aren't coming---hmmmm, wonder what they did to help that along? The board shouldn't be for negative bashers--its supposed to be a WVU FAN board.

Wvu recruiting is currently ranked 34th by rivals which is on par with what we have been ranked since we joined the Big 12. Only Baylor at 12th and Texas Tech at 33 has a better class at this point. In the case of Baylor this is by far the best class they have had since we have been members of the Big 12. There are many reasons why a recruit chooses one school over another some reasons you have control over and others you don't . The best thing you can do is win as many games as possible so there is less complaints from the fans and sports opinion writers doe write articles questioning the status of your head coach. The reprinted Vingle article that showed up in the Washington post, Nbc Sports, Dr Saturday reached an audience much larger than what is viewed on here.

If you want WVU to be successful, you do what you can to help make it successful, you don't spend all your time and all the space on a fan message board trying to destroy it.

Criticism is one thing, but its not necessary to flood any board with the mostly baseless banter that goes on here--its not going to make anything better for anyone (unless of course you root for a different school in reality and want WVUs recruits going somewhere else, and the players and coaches here to be crushed by negaitivity).

Kids have more common sense these days...

...and people acting like fluffers who manipulate facts or completely lie while advertising our school do much more long term damage than as those expressing sincere opinions.

If you want WVU to be successful, you do what you can to help make it successful, you don't spend all your time and all the space on a fan message board trying to destroy it.

Criticism is one thing, but its not necessary to flood any board with the mostly baseless banter that goes on here--its not going to make anything better for anyone (unless of course you root for a different school in reality and want WVUs recruits going somewhere else, and the players and coaches here to be crushed by negaitivity).

If you want Wvu to be successful than just win. Stop losing to teams of equal or lesser talent. Painting a false picture of reality isn't going to help the situation. The message has been sent to DH in 2016 win our your out and all the teams competing against wvu for recruits are going to tell recruits that his coaching status is shaky. He created this predicament not the posters on this board

Reactions: GoWVU
Sooo .... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that spending time monitoring the "free" board in an effort to limit topics to one thread is nowhere near the top of Vernon's list of things to do.

On the other hand, I have spent time on the premium ($$$) board and can tell you that it is a good board that is well monitored and has a number of very good posters, some of whom rarely, if ever, touch down over here with us free-loaders.

If a potential player/recruit is so soft that he can read something negative about WVU on a silly free message board and decide he shouldn't come here....I would say I probably wouldn't want that type of player to be a Mountaineer anyway.

Reactions: GoWVU
OK..................I admit that I hit the IGNORE button on ole Warez. So, what was his reaction? He went and began posting as TexasforevEER. By the way, I think Warez posted for a while as Willie Lee and a few times as Jack Brown who was not on IGNORE. What's my point? You can run.............but you can't hide!

th

Some of us that are upset are not trolls. I'm not going to continue pounding at my displeasure. Surely, you recognize the threads that are criticizing those of us that are upset and not blindly following along, far outnumber those of us that have unfavorable opinions of where the football program is right now.
Amen, country...

Pure hypocrisy

Says a person who ignored for 8 plus years people trying to get him to look at WVUs athletics from a point of reality, who now doesn't want anyone talking about reality.

Its clear the board never took up the suggestion in the original thread.

Its clear a$$hats like Eull never stopped posting absolute cr@p nonstop for nearly a decade.

He continues to troll, derail, personally attack, lie, libel, spew. And then has the audacity to call someone else a hypocrite.

What not one of these idiots will do though is discuss FACTS.

They can't because FACTS paint a damning picture of them and their new love interest who has WVU playing horridly compared to what came before.

They don't want to admit this, so they attack me, anything to deflect from their own sickening ill doing.

Says a person who ignored for 8 plus years people trying to get him to look at WVUs athletics from a point of reality, who now doesn't want anyone talking about reality.

Its clear the board never took up the suggestion in the original thread.

Its clear a$$hats like Eull never stopped posting absolute cr@p nonstop for nearly a decade.

He continues to troll, derail, personally attack, lie, libel, spew. And then has the audacity to call someone else a hypocrite.

What not one of these idiots will do though is discuss FACTS.

They can't because FACTS paint a damning picture of them and their new love interest who has WVU playing horridly compared to what came before.

They don't want to admit this, so they attack me, anything to deflect from their own sickening ill doing.

You're just trolling.

Last edited:
Bucky would you not molesting little boys or possible? Most posters on most bbn boards dont rape 8 year olds for an ego boost in the name of buckeye pride

#hypocrite
exposed. Buck should be embarrassed to show up anymore around here

Reactions: WVUALLEN and Euell

Hypocrite

Yes this post is from 2015. Obviously dug up by a troll— who neither followed the advice then, or through then up until today— yet thinks they can now tell others to be quiet because they dont like dealing with facts.

They want to play “ look at me” and believe they are free to say whatever they want no matter how wrong or dishonest, and to squash all honest discussion if it isnt pre approved by them.

But again- you made your bed, now lay in it.

You cannot have it both ways.

And as far as hypocrites? How many threads did each of you post or post in over the last decade going on and on and on about lies about Holgorsen again? NOW you want one thread discussing the actual failings of the present coach?

No- you refused then, reap what you sowed.

And as far as hypocrites? How many threads did each of you post or post in over the last decade going on and on and on about lies about Holgorsen again? NOW you want one thread discussing the actual failings of the present coach?

No- you refused then, reap what you sowed.

Couple of things...

I can tell you exactly how many threads I trashed Holgorsen in over the years... zero. I have the crazy superhero ability to support the program regardless of the coach. Crazy, huh? I never had any issue with Holgorsen until you came along with the anti-Brown schtick.

Second, reap what you sow? What are you trying to say, that you somehow are getting retribution on others by posting the same nonsense over and over again about Holgorsen versus Brown?

No, sorry, just annoying, not any kind of perceived retribution on your part by anyone else.

Sorry whoever dug up this old thread triggered you again.

The hypocritical irony is incredible.
surely, Buck, you can see that you are now doing the exact thing you complained about in 2015.
The fact that you can’t or won’t see that makes you the biggest hypocrite on this board. And you shamelessly come back for more. Meanwhile you badmouth our current coach which you admitted in previous posts that trashing the coach hurts the program because recruits and their families see this. But you claim that your trashing of our current coach is somehow justified because: 1. In previous years other people unfairly criticized Dana and 2. your trashing Neal Brown via your bullshjt opinion that he’s a bad coach is a ‘fact’. In reality those don’t make you justified. Those make you a hypocrite.
you would’ve fired Matt Rhule (1-11) and Matt Campbell (3-9) halfway into their first season.
By your logic, Dana should’ve been fired after his 4-8 season. I mean Dana had to be a bad coach because he went 4-8. By your rationale it’s a fact that he was a bad coach based on losing 8 games and how statistically poor our offensive and defensive numbers were.

Yes this post is from 2015. Obviously dug up by a troll— who neither followed the advice then, or through then up until today— yet thinks they can now tell others to be quiet because they dont like dealing with facts.

They want to play “ look at me” and believe they are free to say whatever they want no matter how wrong or dishonest, and to squash all honest discussion if it isnt pre approved by them.

But again- you made your bed, now lay in it.

You cannot have it both ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
Buck obviously suffers from Echolalie. Meaningless repetition of spoken words as a symptom of psychiatric disorder.

ADVERTISEMENT