ADVERTISEMENT

Vernon sure is quiet on this one

tennesseebill

All-Conference
Gold Member
May 12, 2002
Have not seen a single comment from Vernon about Pitts going to Penn State. What is up? I know he knows something.

Can't speak for Vernon but my comment is Pffft.
Reasons:
A. Been there, done that too many times and it will only get worse until the NCAA becomes smarter than the FBI in stopping the dirty money flow.
B. We will fill our roster with kids who want to be at WVU.
I am disappointed in his handler. He should know better than burn the bridges. What happens if Pitts grows homesick. Moo U is now the only option and if he keeps mouthing off, that door may close.

Have not seen a single comment from Vernon about Pitts going to Penn State. What is up? I know he knows something.
The last few months I've had a couple of personal things to deal with that have pulled me away from the site more than anytime in 20+ years. I'm getting a lot of that behind me and should be back to full speed soon as we approach fall camp.

As for Pitts there isn't a lot to say. For whatever reason people in WV seem to work very hard to push kids to leave and that really hurts WVU's chances. Additionally the young man didn't handle this situation very well at all and hopefully be matures and realizes that later on.

I don't share my personal views a lot but anyone that wants to be involved with PSU isn't exactly very good at decision making so....

The last few months I've had a couple of personal things to deal with that have pulled me away from the site more than anytime in 20+ years. I'm getting a lot of that behind me and should be back to full speed soon as we approach fall camp.

As for Pitts there isn't a lot to say. For whatever reason people in WV seem to work very hard to push kids to leave and that really hurts WVU's chances. Additionally the young man didn't handle this situation very well at all and hopefully be matures and realizes that later on.

I don't share my personal views a lot but anyone that wants to be involved with PSU isn't exactly very good at decision making so....
+1

I think the WVU coaches could have helped Pitts in becoming a man and in so many other ways. He really had a very good opportunity and got caught up in poor advice that could very well cost him down the line. It wan't impact WVU at all but Pitts could suffer after all the smoke clears.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT