ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas says WVU is overrated

Definition of overrated in 2018 will be Auburn and maybe Penn State.

Auburn has no OLine. Herb Hand will be missed

Penn St will be because I think both Michigan schools are real.
Shea Patterson is a baller.

People are either sold on West Virginia or reserved on them.

Haven't seen a team in the Big XII like this. Some people say Top 10 with Grier being in New York others have them at 7-5 and unranked.

Very interested in who ranks them with the AP writers and the variation in the ratings.

Nowhere in that article does it say The West Virginia Mountaineers are overrated. Coming in at number 20 is about right for a pre-season coaches poll.

Lots of question marks concerning this Mountaineer team. Special teams have been a weak link in the chain for long time. The defense should be improved we will not know until some games are played. The only sure thing is the offense.

Nowhere in that article does it say The West Virginia Mountaineers are overrated. Coming in at number 20 is about right for a pre-season coaches poll.

Lots of question marks concerning this Mountaineer team. Special teams have been a weak link in the chain for long time. The defense should be improved we will not know until some games are played. The only sure thing is the offense.

The offense isn't a for sure thing.
It is dependent on one player. If Grier is injured WVU might have issues

The bigger issue will be can WVU score TDs in the red zone and convert on third down.

Your third down conversion rate was horrible

You know what Chip Kelly said about the NFL.
I would have been great if I wasn't always in third downs.

Teams like TCU and Texas will put WVU in third downs by preventing the big pass plays.

Went to Vegas once and have no desire to return. I don't get all the hype. I believe with the new sports betting market opening up, it will really hurt Vegas.

Reactions: madmaxvol
The music for the most are people who have seen better days.
Bossier City is always closer for gambling

I have to agree for the most part Vegas sucks. In the 90's went out there for a BCA 9 ball tournament almost every year.
Truthfully don't miss going.

Championship football teams maintain possession on third down and they stop possession on third down

It is like a turnover if you can change field position along with it.

Certain categories WVU is great at but when WVU can't move the ball with big plays even with Grier they struggle.

Definition of overrated in 2018 will be Auburn and maybe Penn State.

Auburn has no OLine. Herb Hand will be missed

Penn St will be because I think both Michigan schools are real.
Shea Patterson is a baller.

Herb Hand. He was once our recruiting coordinator on Dick Rod's staff.

Herb Hand. He was once our recruiting coordinator on Dick Rod's staff.

He was also the TE coach for WVU.
He left Auburn for Texas to coach the OL.

One of Rich Rodriguez's mistakes was not taking Hand with him to Michigan.
Hand was his right hand man for ten years prior.

But Hand went to Tulsa and worked with Malzahn.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT