ADVERTISEMENT

US NEWS Academic ratings

eyebugs

Freshman
Dec 4, 2005
just checking in... scrolled down through the top 200 or so and got through the entire ACC and never saw WVU listed anywhere.

just checking in... scrolled down through the top 200 or so and got through the entire ACC and never saw WVU listed anywhere.

Was the the rankings for schools most likely to be left out of being in a real conference and stuck resorting to giving handjobs for Olive Garden gift cards? That ranking?!?
Yeah we aren't waiting for Clemson to leave and be relegated to being a glorified Big East v2.0, but thanks for checking in on us asshat.

because you won't find WVU listed anywhere.

be careful, we might be listed on your score board a little higher than you think!

WVU is a Carnegie tier one research institution. How the F does US News have them ranked so low. It’s about who they let in and a popularity contest from people that have never been to the school. Has nothing to do with the quality of education from the school.

Not surprisingly Louisville shot up hundreds of places after joining the acc. Came from way behind to way over.no idea what actually changed there academically- more like someone in the acc told them how to play the US News bs.

Reactions: Muskets
WVU is a Carnegie tier one research institution. How the F does US News have them ranked so low. It’s about who they let in and a popularity contest from people that have never been to the school. Has nothing to do with the quality of education from the school.

Not surprisingly Louisville shot up hundreds of places after joining the acc. Came from way behind to way over.no idea what actually changed there academically- more like someone in the acc told them how to play the US News bs.
Agree completely with you the ratings are garbage and quite frankly a good education is available at most universities. WVU has the hurdle of being the state university in a poor state. Perception wise is tough to overcome. I posted this here to see if I would get an intelligent response and you provided that. The prior responses were your typical idiot responses that permeate all message boards.

Does it even matter? 70% of the graduates don't even want to work these days.
I am not sure about that number. The thing is to really get ahead you must have something after high school. Some type of training that makes you marketable. That can be a PHD to a 2 year class at the community college in HVAC, does not matter but you need something. What the issue with a decent group of college graduates is what they major in. Some majors are completely useless and do not lead to a job hence trouble finding a career. The university systems do need to cut down on that because there is no reason to be $100,000 in debt for an art degree. Now WVU is a fine University but it does not matter where you go to college it matters in what you major in. An Art degree from Brown is not as useful as a nursing degree from WVU

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
I am not sure about that number. The thing is to really get ahead you must have something after high school. Some type of training that makes you marketable. That can be a PHD to a 2 year class at the community college in HVAC, does not matter but you need something. What the issue with a decent group of college graduates is what they major in. Some majors are completely useless and do not lead to a job hence trouble finding a career. The university systems do need to cut down on that because there is no reason to be $100,000 in debt for an art degree. Now WVU is a fine University but it does not matter where you go to college it matters in what you major in. An Art degree from Brown is not as useful as a nursing degree from WVU
And that's the problem. Woke institutions are teaching wokism. If I had a houseful of kids, I'd be sending them to trade schools.

And that's the problem. Woke institutions are teaching wokism. If I had a houseful of kids, I'd be sending them to trade schools.
Ok my son just graduated from UNC Chapel Hill. Some who do not know any better might say a bastion of wokism. He never stated one time that wokism was said or being taught. I mean I guess state universities have always been "Progressive" . You can look back to the 60-70's , at the time they would have been deemed "woke" . Even the Greeks back 2000+ years ago with Plato and company were different thinkers. Jesus Christ in his time was "Woke" with his teachings . Again these things happen for a while then shift. But I am not buying in to the Universities are saturating students with wokism nor are public school teachers teaching CRT, and indoctrinating kids. Some may be vocal or verbal on their beliefs but many many more are not. And nothing wrong at all with trade schools at all. My wife's son got a two year degree in electronics from AB tech here in NC and is doing very well right now

Last edited:
WVU students know that a sentence starts with a "Capitalized first letter of the first word in a sentence".

You should also have made a second sentence after only 1 period. I scrolled down through the top 200 academic ratings and never saw West Virginia University listed.

Your statement should have said.

Just checking in. I scrolled down through the top 200 academic ratings list and never saw West Virginia University listed above any ACC members.

You're welcome.

WVU students know that a sentence starts with a "Capitalized first letter of the first word in a sentence".

You should also have made a second sentence after only 1 period. I scrolled down through the top 200 academic ratings and never saw West Virginia University listed.

Your statement should have said.

Just checking in. I scrolled down through the top 200 academic ratings list and never saw West Virginia University listed above any ACC members.

You're welcome.
maybe in the grammar filled world in 1950. In the text/message board setting your response is typical and honestly pretty lame.

WVU could easily move up the academic ladder but the state lacks the political will to do so. Move to a feeder school system. like UNC and most other school systems use. You think every numbnut NC kid gets in UNC Chapel Hill just because he wants to go there? Nope. Marginal kids start at one of the feeders. Makes it harder to get into the flagship school, and reduces the dropout rate, both of which help rankings. Admitting academically unqualified kids and washing them out of your flagship school hurts your rankings on both ends. Easy enough to fix, but the state of WV always insists on going its own way rather than taking lessons from its more successful neighbors, despite being tied with Mississippi for the worst of everything measurable.

WVU could easily move up the academic ladder but the state lacks the political will to do so. Move to a feeder school system. like UNC and most other school systems use. You think every numbnut NC kid gets in UNC Chapel Hill just because he wants to go there? Nope. Marginal kids start at one of the feeders. Makes it harder to get into the flagship school, and reduces the dropout rate, both of which help rankings. Admitting academically unqualified kids and washing them out of your flagship school hurts your rankings on both ends. Easy enough to fix, but the state of WV always insists on going its own way rather than taking lessons from its more successful neighbors, despite being tied with Mississippi for the worst of everything measurable.
Good post

Chad you are everywhere.

How many board names are you up to now?

Ok my son just graduated from UNC Chapel Hill. Some who do not know any better might say a bastion of wokism. He never stated one time that wokism was said or being taught. I mean I guess state universities have always been "Progressive" . You can look back to the 60-70's , at the time they would have been deemed "woke" . Even the Greeks back 2000+ years ago with Plato and company were different thinkers. Jesus Christ in his time was "Woke" with his teachings . Again these things happen for a while then shift. But I am not buying in to the Universities are saturating students with wokism nor are public school teachers teaching CRT, and indoctrinating kids. Some may be vocal or verbal on their beliefs but many many more are not. And nothing wrong at all with trade schools at all. My wife's son got a two year degree in electronics from AB tech here in NC and is doing very well right now
He probably never stated it because he was so immersed in it that it's background noise to him. It's like fish don't talk about themselves being immersed in water.

If your son just graduated from UNC then here's what he's been marinating in for the last four years. This is from February 21, 2018, to indicate how far they'd gone even 4.5 years ago. It's not fair that players in the WNBA get paid less than players in the NBA and women are unfairly excluded from the NFL.

https://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2018/02/edit-2-022118

He probably never stated it because he was so immersed in it that it's background noise to him. It's like fish don't talk about themselves being immersed in water.

If your son just graduated from UNC then here's what he's been marinating in for the last four years. This is from February 21, 2018, to indicate how far they'd gone even 4.5 years ago. It's not fair that players in the WNBA get paid less than players in the NBA and women are unfairly excluded from the NFL.

https://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2018/02/edit-2-022118
Nah he would have said something. And that article is just stupid. You didn’t see a follow up article so

Nah he would have said something. And that article is just stupid. You didn’t see a follow up article so
It's not an article, it's an editorial on the opinion page. It was the opinion of the Daily Tar Heel editorial board in the 2017-18 school year. You can go check out the Daily Tar Heel's editorial page anytime you like. You'll see more of the same. That area is very "woke." Your son likely is too but knows when to keep things from you.

It's not an article, it's an editorial on the opinion page. It was the opinion of the Daily Tar Heel editorial board in the 2017-18 school year. You can go check out the Daily Tar Heel's editorial page anytime you like. You'll see more of the same. That area is very "woke." Your son likely is too but knows when to keep things from you.
Not buying the woke thing. Just not going with it. Again universities have been like this for decades. And if they were so woke
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1267979. They would have given the 1619 project professor tenure. Again universities have been teaching progressive thought for what 60 years now . Nothing new. And they for sure are not teaching kids not to work. Inwould rather send my kid to a place like Carolina then say Liberty. What is the extreme of wokeism. That’s that’s going on there. But still people will be who they are going to be. Some university will not dictate that. Lots on non Catholics that went to Notre Dame who did not convert Ect.

Last edited:
16:40 to 18:46 here sums it up well. And I say this as someone that has never been registered Republican (or Democrat) and that has never voted for a Republican for national office. Our country would be much better off if people watched Jon Haidt instead of our mass media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT