ADVERTISEMENT

Upside of this “ bowl “

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
Likely Grier will sit this out for the worthless game and get Allison some real game time.

It will shut up Dana. Hopefully this will stop his pimp/agent from throwing his name into every opening that comes up. He needs to drink a big cup of gratitude, hire a good OC and replace Gibby...in that order.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
I wonder if WV goes after Graham Harrell or allows him to go to KState with Seth Littrell.

Harrell is another Dana has connections with from Tech.

Likely Grier will sit this out for the worthless game and get Allison some real game time.

It will shut up Dana. Hopefully this will stop his pimp/agent from throwing his name into every opening that comes up. He needs to drink a big cup of gratitude, hire a good OC and replace Gibby...in that order.

I dont think Gibby is going anywhere. I dont have an opinion on if thats good or bad.

This has been a good season. There is no reason to be an alarmist.

Agents only have one job, get their clients in the best position for the best jobs and contracts.

Our offense is great, Spav was a good OC...which is why he is now a HC.

I dont think Gibby is going anywhere. I dont have an opinion on if thats good or bad.

Agents only have one job, get their clients in the best position for the best jobs and contracts.

Camping Bowls should not be the stuff extensions are made of...

There is nothing good about playing in this bowl game. Have a feeling multiple seniors (and others?) will jump ship and not play because, you know, WVU just churns out NFL talent like it's an assembly line. No, nothing good about this bowl game.

Gibson sucks and everyone but you and Holgy realizes that.

If finishing 3rd and not going to Alamo would prove Big 12 doesn't want an Eastern School stepping in on their parade. WVU will get shafted every year to eastern Bowls unless they win Big 12 or finish 2nd.

In this order

1. Fire Gibson
2. Bring in somebody experienced with defensive mind
3. Pay him 1/2 of Gibson salary
4. Take the other half and give to the assistants.
5. Do this and Dana might save his job for 2 more years.

If finishing 3rd and not going to Alamo would prove Big 12 doesn't want an Eastern School stepping in on their parade. WVU will get shafted every year to eastern Bowls unless they win Big 12 or finish 2nd.

In this order

1. Fire Gibson
2. Bring in somebody experienced with defensive mind
3. Pay him 1/2 of Gibson salary
4. Take the other half and give to the assistants.
5. Do this and Dana might save his job for 2 more years.
You might be correct if WVU finished 3rd, but they didn't. You just aren't that sharp, are you?

You might be correct if WVU finished 3rd, but they didn't. You just aren't that sharp, are you?

Sharp as a pencil not as dull as knife not sharpened. The big word is IF as in if is if learn if and maybe you would know what if is.

Gibson sucks and everyone but you and Holgy realizes that.

I have no affinity for Gibson. Lyons gave Gibson a new contract with a buyout clause to prevent him from leaving.

If Gibson is fired he is owed the full remainder of his contract, which I guess is only through 2019 at this point. But either way, Lyons built a bit of a wall around Gibson and imo, probably considered him as a possible replacement for DH (speculation).

He got the deal when the defense had the improved season...like ive said before, coaches get paid for their good years. Two years ago, Gibson leaving for a HC position was possibilty.

The point is Gibson seems to have some capital and I dont anticipate him being dismissed.

Last edited:
There is nothing good about playing in this bowl game. Have a feeling multiple seniors (and others?) will jump ship and not play because, you know, WVU just churns out NFL talent like it's an assembly line. No, nothing good about this bowl game.

First of all, you really should stop spreading false rumors about our players (playing or not playing in the bowl game) when you have no f'ucking clue what you're talking about.

Second, we have 14 players currently in the NFL, trailing only Texas and Oklahoma from the Big XII.

Third, we have a chance to avenge a pitiful performance in the Pinstripe Bowl and finish ranked in the top 12 or 13 and it is another opportunity to display a very powerful offense that could put up some big numbers.

Take your crying towel and go see mommy.

First of all, you really should stop spreading false rumors about our players (playing or not playing in the bowl game) when you have no f'ucking clue what you're talking about.

Second, we have 14 players currently in the NFL, trailing only Texas and Oklahoma from the Big XII.

Third, we have a chance to avenge a pitiful performance in the Pinstripe Bowl and finish ranked in the top 12 or 13 and it is another opportunity to display a very powerful offense that could put up some big numbers.

Outside of completely dominating Syracuse to show that WVU just dropped the ball in conference and truly is as good as OU or Texas, there is very little upside to this game. Even with a top 15 finish, it just wouldn't feel like it with 2 ugly losses and 2 narrow wins against mid ranked teams. Maybe I'm still just so damn frustrated that WVU lost 2 games it really shouldn't and blew a promosing opportunity at a truly great season ala '88, '05, '07.

Hey Gibson, I hear the Akron job has an opening for HC. You should check it out.

I doubt they have the same self loathing you do. They will take the field in Gold and Blue and kick orange ass. What great ‘fans’ we have to back up the young men we supposedly support. Jeeeeez

Outside of completely dominating Syracuse to show that WVU just dropped the ball in conference and truly is as good as OU or Texas, there is very little upside to this game. Even with a top 15 finish, it just wouldn't feel like it with 2 ugly losses and 2 narrow wins against mid ranked teams. Maybe I'm still just so damn frustrated that WVU lost 2 games it really shouldn't and blew a promosing opportunity at a truly great season ala '88, '05, '07.

The issue with your logic was that WV was going to beat Texas for a second time.
They easily could have but Texas would have been fully healthy on defense.

The issue with your logic was that WV was going to beat Texas for a second time.
They easily could have but Texas would have been fully healthy on defense.

Texas has a defense? Since when?

So Texas can use injuries for an excuse but nobody else can. Isn't Texas suppose to be so good that injuries don't bother them. They are plug and play. I guess it all depends on how you want to twist your story.

Texas has a defense? Since when?

So Texas can use injuries for an excuse but nobody else can. Isn't Texas suppose to be so good that injuries don't bother them. They are plug and play. I guess it all depends on how you want to twist your story.

It is pointless to argue with you.
Texas had by far the best defense in the Big XII.
Iowa St was probably second best.

Like I have told you before Texas until 2020 will have depth concerns.

Next year some of the issues will be fixed.
I think they may have too many DL to get on the field.
But by 2020 it will three consecutive classes of Top 5 recruits plus Herman's first class that included a few standout players.

It is pointless to argue with you.
Texas had by far the best defense in the Big XII.
Iowa St was probably second best.

Like I have told you before Texas until 2020 will have depth concerns.

Next year some of the issues will be fixed.
I think they may have too many DL to get on the field.
But by 2020 it will three consecutive classes of Top 5 recruits plus Herman's first class that included a few standout players.

Total Defense
#1 TCU
#2 ISU

Where is Texas?

Pass Defense
#1 TCU
#2 ISU

Where is Texas?

PASS DEFENSE EFFIC
#1 TCU
#2 KSU

Where is Texas?

Recruiting top 5 and still can't win.

We all know Texas can't beat WVU. You being jealous just makes you look weak.

Total Defense
#1 TCU
#2 ISU

Where is Texas?

Pass Defense
#1 TCU
#2 ISU

Where is Texas?

PASS DEFENSE EFFIC
#1 TCU
#2 KSU

Where is Texas?

Recruiting top 5 and still can't win.

We all know Texas can't beat WVU. You being jealous just makes you look weak.

Problem is....
Texas outperformed both defenses when it mattered.

Beating or losing to WV was not important this year or the year before.

It didn't help Texas get to the Big XII Championship nor did it stop Texas.

Recruiting classes make a huge difference.
Rankings...are more important at the end.
But more Top 100 players become NFL players than players ranked 900-1000.

So in the end it is about recruiting to your need and being able to acknowledge talent.

If you recruit Top 5 classes and you have low attrition with high development you are naturally going to win some football games.

F’uck Georgia. The talking heads were trying to put them in with two losses and move them up a spot in the rankings after losing. I hope Texas stomps a mud hole in their ass.

UGA is a good team.

But...they are going to have to really spread Texas out to run the ball
Or
They are going to need Kirby Smart to one up Tom Herman.
With Tucker leaving Smart loses his eyes in the sky.

UGA has a lot of talent. Best team Texas played all year
But...
UGA loss to LSU who's DC is very similar to Texas and LSU runs their offense with Burrow like Texas does with Ehlinger.
Texas is tied I believe with LSU in terms of talent by recruiting rankings.

Last edited:

False rumors? When I'm right, I'm right. Again.

Once again...genius at work.

Once again, unless that “extension” removes or dramatically reduced our buyout, I will walk away if he isn’t put into a position of coaching like his job depends on it next year.

I would also be 100% on board for firing Lyons on the spot.

Once again...genius at work.

Once again, unless that “extension” removes or dramatically reduced our buyout, I will walk away if he isn’t put into a position of coaching like his job depends on it next year.

I would also be 100% on board for firing Lyons on the spot.

You're always worried about that extension but I dont think it really matters. Dana needed a better year than he had.

I think he will be gone after next season.

You're always worried about that extension but I dont think it really matters. Dana needed a better year than he had.

I think he will be gone after next season.

I am because the buyout has been an ongoing excuse that keeps us from moving forward.

Dana has next season to get this right.

I am because the buyout has been an ongoing excuse that keeps us from moving forward.

Dana has next season to get this right.

I dont think the buyout has been the issue. The year he needed a good season he got one with Skylar Howard. If that was a 6 win season, he gets fired....i dont think he should have been fired before that.

Imo, Lyons planned on firing DH in 2016 but cant do that after a 10 win season.

Well ... they say a team improves most between games 1 and 2. So, we had over 400 total yards and possessed the ball for almost 30 minutes. But, we had to settle for 4 field goals and had a killer interception bounce off a receivers hands. Also, there were times when the QB and the WRs looked out of sync.

Clean those things up and we could have been looking at 35 plus points against a defense that stood up to Clemson pretty well.

I am optimistic for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT