ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Updates on a pair of DBs

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
West Virginia paid in-home visits to a pair of junior college defensive backs tonight. First cornerbacks coach Brian Mitchell visited Dodge City C.C. (Kan.) cornerback Elijah Battle and I'm told that they experience went very well. Right now the Mountaineers are the clear favorite here and he plan to sign his letter of intent on signing day. For those that don't remember Battle initially committed to West Virginia, but switched his pledge to Minnesota of junior college signing day only to find out he wasn't going to qualify. That makes him a free agent and the Mountaineers are right back in the picture. I was told coach Mitchell made quite the impression tonight and they were able to hash some things out that needed to be said. Overall, West Virginia is in a very good place here and he has already taken an official visit to Morgantown for the Texas game. He has one official visit remaining after visiting Arizona, Arkansas State and Minnesota as well.

Mitchell also stopped by to see New York (N.Y.) Globe Tech cornerback Mike Daniels and I was told that that trip went very well also. Daniels has the Mountaineers on the top of his list and he told me that Mitchell made him feel very comfortable and he was able to get to know him better as a coach and human being. He is looking forward to his official visit Jan. 22 and West Virginia is the clear cut leader.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.