ADVERTISEMENT

Updated pic of Mountaineer Field construction

Sarasotaeer

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2001
Credit to @mdeer1 for hooking me up with this photo.

People were asking about that section of remaining turf next to the weight room a couple weeks ago and wondering if they were gonna leave it or replace it. It's now gone. I tried to interpret it in a more long-winded way, assuming they left it there as a place to stage vehicles, materials and equipment so that you're not mucking up the tunnels and/or the Silver Lot or disturbing the graded surface under the field, but someone else used a great analogy that was more concise -- "not painting yourself into a corner".

Also, we talked about this before and don't quote me on this or whether it's the exact product, but it looks like Brock Powerbase, which is a really cool, top-shelf e-layer and drainage product, going down, too. In the original proposal and during the Q&A and addendum portion of the procurement process for this job, they specified a "Brock underlayment or equivalent " and rejected FieldTurf's attempt to substitute their "VersaTile" product. It looks like Brock to me(it comes on pallets like the one in the picture and it's white) and that's a good thing. Again, don't hold me to that, though. I could be delusional.

12968520_10153999954324976_754649659_n.jpg

Here's what it looked like before:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.