ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Update on today's visitor

AnthonyKrumpach

Mostly right and my mom likes me........sometimes
Staff
Jul 19, 2012
Monroe, ga
westvirginia.rivals.com
I just got done talking with Fredericksburg (Va.) Riverbend 2017 linebacker TyJuan Garbutt. He let me know that he spent most of the day in Morgantown and had an amazing time. He said they spent a lot of time with Mountaineers wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway and they hit it off right away. Garbutt said Galloway was by far the most personal coach he has met so far and that Galloway spent time trying to get to know him rather than recruit him. He said the one on one that he got from all the coaches and support staff really meant a lot and he really felt like he was wanted. Defensive Coordinator Tony Gibson let Garbutt know that they loved his film and saw him being a linebacker who can do everything. He also let him know that he had a WVU offer.

Garbutt said he really loved the weight room and said that West Virginia's facilities were the best of any school he has seen so far. He told me he will be returning to Morgantown for the July 26th Showcase camp. He is very much looking forward to it and it while it appears he is going to shut his camps down for the summer, he is really looking forward to working out at this one. He isn't really ready to name a top group but he did mention that MSU and VT were schools standing out prior to today's visit. After seeing WVU for himself Garbutt tells me that that WVU is definitely in his top group, number one perhaps. He kept telling me that he likes WVU a lot.

We'll have more with Garbutt in a story later on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.