ADVERTISEMENT

University High junior PG Kaden Metheny lights up Duke commit with 35 points at Beach Ball Classic

Kennedy Catholic recruits players from all over world and across Western PA and they were played tough and fairly close by Morgantown High. Morgantown High won’t even make it to AAA Final 4 in WV. Just a solid team. Not a top team in WV. Couple AA teams could beat them as well. The refs screwed the WV boys against the recruiting school from NC. It was total disgrace. Everybody there knew it and saw it.

Metheny ran and dribbled circles around the NC recruiting school and also schooled the stiff SC losers from Horry County aka loserville. Haaaahhhaaaa

Do you realize how stupid you sound. How old are you?

WVUallen the better WV boys dumped on those stiff South Carolina boys. Outside of the schools that recruit around the country high school basketball really isn’t that much different unless your talking Class A tiny school vs huge 4-5 A levels. Top WV schools are typically better than South Carolina schools every year in basketball. South Carolina public school sports are not that good except for 2-3 football schools. South Carolina boys basketball is garbage trash. Terrible.

Hey dipshit that team that beat University by 10 isn't even in the top 25 of SC schools. Just quit....I own you.

Despite being 3 times bigger than WV, the state of SC has lousy high school basketball. Ask South Carolina and Clemson. They already know it. That’s why they suck badly too in basketball about every year.

Bottom line bud. Metheny will light up any team, from any state he faces down there in that Beach Ball Classic. His recruiting is now picking up after getting this exposure. Huggs better wake up and get these top WV guards. Harler is only WV kid Huggs recruited that should have been a walk on. Knapper will end up very good and develop nicely and Metheny, Early, Bridges, Obinna at power forward will all start at WVU easy. Huggs won’t find anybody better than those guys at those positions. Good guards, wings from out of state don’t want to play for Huggs. That word is out bud. Get a clue. He better recruit these good guards in his own state.

Hell Dobbs can play at WVU as well. He looks great so far as a senior. Big, athletic combo guard that seems to have worked hard in the offseason on his point guard skills. His passing, show running has improved nicely as well. He’s dunking now 2-3 times each game showing his athletic ability as well. He’s 6-2 to 6-3 and strong, athletic. Huggs should prep him or bring him in. McBride won’t save Huggs. He has a long way to go as well.

Carter made himself a better player by being the hardest working player to walk through that door. He was a rare steal by Huggs at guard.

97 and you're absolutely correct. That was the year that Oak Hill finished 3rd. THIRD! That talent was stacked. Somehow Zion (who every senior on the team signed D1) lost to Jason Capel and St. Johns at Prospect Hall. Oak Hill beat TJ by 6 for third place. God the memories of that tournament. Now, from what I heard last years was REALLY good. Sunrise won it all but they are pulling in real teams again.
I can remember Martinsburg playing against Flint Hill and almost winning the tournament with Marsalis Basey and Spencer Ferguson in 90.... You are right, the talent was unbelievable.... To put it in perspective, Martinsburg’s state championship team in 94 lost to... I think.... Prospect Hall???, by double digits, maybe 20 points or so. Again, just shows you, even then, the difference in talent...
One last funny story, a buddy of mine played on the Martinsburg team in 95 that got smoked by Oak Hill Academy with Ron Mercer that year. Early in the game my friend partially blocked one of Mercer’s shots... it wasn’t a very impressive block.... Sooooooo, he decided to get one little bit of trash talking in because he knew the game was not gonna be close.... So after the block when they ran back up court, my buddy looked over at Mercer and said, “See you at Kentucky baby!!!”
Lolololololol!!!
Awesome!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT