ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelievable numbers in Texas Tech-Tennessee game

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
The next time you are tempted to complain about WVU’s shooting, remember this:

Texas Tech missed TWENTY 3-point shots, FORTY TWO field goal attempts, 10 free throws but WON, 57-52, IN OVERTIME (the 2 teams only COMBINED for 88 points in regulation time) against #13 Tennessee.

The Vols went TEN MINUTES without making a field goal, including missing an uncontested breakaway dunk try!

Tennessee missed THIRTY THREE 3-point attempts, FIFTY TWO field goals and 8 free throws (50%).

That's FIFTY THREE missed 3's in the game, NINETY FOUR missed field goals and EIGHTEEN missed free throws!

Remember, Tennessee is ranked 13th best team in the country!

Maybe WVU should schedule a doubleheader and play both teams on the same night!

I’m disappointed TT won, never liked them

OH, I ALWAYS ROOT FOR BIG 12 TEAMS BECAUSE, THE BETTER THEY DO THE BETTER WVU LOOKS WHEN MY ALMA MATER BEATS THEM. THAT ONE WAS SO AWFUL THAT BOTH COACHES PROBABLY BURNED THE GAME FILM. UNGUARDED LAYUPS, FREE THROWS -- MORE THAN 100 MISSED SHOTS IS NOT GOOD DEFENSE! YOU HAVE TO HAVE 2 TEAMS WITH REALLY BAD NIGHTS TO WIND UP WITH THAT. IT'S BEING DISCUSSED ON WEB SITES ALL OVER AMERICA TONIGHT. A CLASSIC IN THE KEYSTONE KOPS CATEGORY!

Remember now....in January when WVU goes 3-19 from 3 for an entire week, stop to remind yourself of that one game when TTU missed 20 3's against some team, I think they had orange uniforms. Anyway, TTU won that game so that absolves WVU's decade-plus streak of teams whose best offense was an offense rebound.

By the way, to be consistent, Tennessee and Texas Tech combined for TWENTY FOUR turnovers to go with the 112 missed shots!

IN THIS CASE, ONE GAME WAS AN ABERATION. NOT AN INDICATION OF WHAT EITHER TEAM WILL DO THE REST OF THE SEASON. BUT THE 2 TEAMS SET BACK COLLEGE BASKETBALL BY A CENTURY.
You should be use to that now. Didn't you see the WVU and UCONN display of horrid foul shooting by WVU and gross neglect of UCONN horrid 3 point shooting.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT