ADVERTISEMENT

Uh oh! Another Obama red line has been crossed

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
What will he do this time?

Russia's announcement on Monday that it will proceed with the sale of advanced missile systems to Iran crosses a so-called "red line" established by the Obama administration in 2010, according to comments by senior administration officials.Following years of dissent from the United States, Russia announced on Monday that it would proceed with the sale of the advanced S-300 air defense missile system to Iran, which has been vying to purchase the hardware for years.

In addition, Iran, bolstered by the pending relief of sanctions, is sending arms to both Hamas and Hezbollah, not to mention the surface to air missiles to the Houthi rebels in Yemen.

I bet you won't do that again

as he places the chip back on his shoulder. If you do that again, there COULD be trouble.

So, we should go to war with Russia?

And if we don't, Obama is a weak leader? I think I see how this works.

Why does Obama keep drawing red lines? Leading from behind I guess.

he's not even a weak leader....he's not a leader at all

some of us had it figured out after 6 months....too bad it's taken you 6 years and you still don't get it

Who is advocating war? The fact that you go to that extreme means you are as ignorant as our current leader. There are many ways to provide pressure and Russia is showing 1 of them. Stop looking at this stuff in a vacuum. Look at the bigger picture. Collectively, there is a lot at work here by Russia. Is there even discussion about Krimea in this country? Wonder why that is?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: Don't poke the mean girls in the luchroom! lol

Well if we're the mean girls, you guys are the tard table.

you've got to understand that the libs world is collapsing

and they have to find something to bitch about.......you calling them ignorant which is blatantly obvious just gets their panties in a wad and they crank out more stupid comments...it's like you're throwing gas on the fire....but it's fun to watch
smokin.r191677.gif

Re: Aside from not drawing red lines, what should he do?

Sanctions? Putin doesn't give two rat turds about sanctions. The only leverage the West has is the threat of military action, and Putin knows that the West isn't going to go to war against Russia.

Originally posted by Popeer:
Sanctions? Putin doesn't give two rat turds about sanctions. The only leverage the West has is the threat of military action, and Putin knows that the West isn't going to go to war against Russia.
Guess that makes him a strong leader then? The ability and courage to continue unabated against a determined adversary and still achieve the objective. Interesting. Then what was I reading earlier from CR that said he was an idiot?

Originally posted by DvlDog4WVU:
Guess that makes him a strong leader then? The ability and courage to continue unabated against a determined adversary and still achieve the objective. Interesting. Then what was I reading earlier from CR that said he was an idiot?
Good non-answer. The question was about what Obama should be doing vs. what he is doing, not about whether Putin is an effective dictator -- that's been established.

Originally posted by Popeer:
Good non-answer. The question was about what Obama should be doing vs. what he is doing, not about whether Putin is an effective dictator -- that's been established.

You asked a question? A question was even asked? I must have missed it.

Who proposed sanctions? I didn't. I said there were a lot of other means of providing pressure. They and us have interests all over the world in all aspects of the economies and military.

Are you agreeing that its either let them go unabated or go to war? Is that what you really think the options are?

I have an idea

Are you agreeing that its either let them go unabated or go to war? Is that what you really think the options are?
Can we send them the Jenner/Kardashians?

I really have no idea what impact that would have ... but at least they wouldn't be here.

You asked a question? A question was even asked? I must have missed it.
Obviously - but my question is in the subject line so it should have been easy to spot. And it was originally posed to WVPATX, but you jumped in, and you still haven't given any alternatives.

We put sanctions in place against Russia for a while when they invaded Georgia in 2008, but that threat didn't keep Putin from crawling into Ukraine. As for the missile sale to Iran, Russia agreed to put it on hold as an additional chip to get them to the table to negotiate the nuclear deal. Now, as far as Putin is concerned that carrot had the desired effect, so he's lifted the freeze.

This post was edited on 4/14 10:13 PM by Popeer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT