ADVERTISEMENT

Typical Pitt fan, they have their head so far up their own

Shipyard Dog

All-Conference
Feb 11, 2012
ass they still don't realize they are beneath us. Clueless.

"Talent"
"Is Pitt's biggest problem. When
teams like Providence-Baylor-Iowa st-WVU-Seton
Hall-Georgtown-LSU-Arkansas-SMU have waaaaayyyyy more talent than Pitt.
Something is wrong. Especially after what we have done over the last
12 years.

Young and Artis would be the only players on Pitt's
current roster who would get minutes on those teams I mentioned. In
Youngs case he would get zero minutes playing the 5.

Hardly blue blood programs and in some cases programs who do not have the money or resources Pitt has put into basketball.

Frankly its very scary."

Everything in that statement is true. He never said Pitt. was a blueblood just that none of the programs he listed were either (although Georgetown may qualify as a blueblood on some peoples radar.)

Well, they had Steven Adams a few years ago. He's one of the best young up and coming centers in the game. Still raw and learning the game but developing quite well. Will be an absolute animal in another year or 2.

With Pitt having so much money to throw at their athletics, they suck at...

spending it and getting results. When Jamie Dixon leaves for greener pastures and a more sensible program that will be the nail in the coffin for Pitt sports. Football and Basketball are on life support, just needing a Pitt fan to trip over the cord and pull the plug out of the electric socket. It will happen too.

In past years Pitt was a very good team. Jamie recruited well and put a good product on the floor. Last few years he hasn't recruited depth, hasn't been able to keep his top recruits on the team, hasn't put together a game plan that works with the players he has left. They always have a couple top recruits on the team, but nothing now to support them.

I feel sorry for the Pitt fans........................................................................ I lied.
happy.r191677.gif

You dont have to be a pitt fan in particular I worked in Pittsburgh for several years. It's just people from Pittsburgh in general. You know,,,,,, Morons......

So by what definition of "very good" are you using? Because if you go by how far they made runs in the tourny, they were terrible teams.

Originally posted by jpf578:
So by what definition of "very good" are you using? Because if you go by how far they made runs in the tourny, they were terrible teams.
Didn't they lose to schools like Pacific? Or was it Bucknell? Or both?

The entire statement more than insinuates that Pitt is on another level than the programs the author listed. Who ever wrote it obviously thinks along those lines or they wouldn't be so baffled how WVU and others could be more successful than Pitt. It may seem true to you but that shouldn't surprise anyone here. You seem like one of them.

I wonder if the 2003 Big East had stayed together... if Pitt, Cuse, VT, Miami, and BC would all be having more success in football AND basketball?
I am past the hating ACC stage now... but it seems the ACC took BC, VT, and Miami to fix their football rep. Yet, those 3 combined for 19 losses this past season in football... while damaging their basketball brand. (VT went 2-16 in conference in b-ball).
So they tried to fix basketball - which they broke themselves - by adding Pitt, Cuse, and L'ville. Instead, the ACC made them worse. Pitt has an RPI of 68 and will miss the dance... and Cuse is on probation and staying home.
I don't know... seems like the ACC compounded bad situations... with bad moves... which led to worse situations... which led even more bad expansion moves.
But they did get teams that made sense for a regional footprint, I suppose.

Re: With Pitt having so much money to throw at their athletics, they suck at...

Originally posted by WVU enginEER:
spending it and getting results. When Jamie Dixon leaves for greener pastures and a more sensible program that will be the nail in the coffin for Pitt sports. Football and Basketball are on life support, just needing a Pitt fan to trip over the cord and pull the plug out of the electric socket. It will happen too.
Dixon is overrated. The guy has always had the worst ooc schedule to pad his record and his teams get killed in the tourneys.

ADVERTISEMENT