ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Sues Far-Left Author Bob Woodward For $49 Million For Releasing Interview Recordings

WVU82

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001

Former President Donald Trump is suing journalist Bob Woodward for releasing recordings of interviews that he gave to the journalist in 2019 and 2020, claiming he never agreed to those tapes being shared with the public.

In a lawsuit filed Monday against Woodward, Simon & Schuster Inc., and the publisher’s parent company Paramount Global, Trump claimed that although he had given Woodward consent to record their conversations “for the sole purpose of a book,” that didn’t extend to packaging those recordings as an audiobook.

“This case centers on Mr. Woodward’s systematic usurpation, manipulation, and exploitation of audio of President Trump,” Trump’s lawyers wrote.

The complaint alleges violations of Trump’s copyright interests and accuses Woodward and the publisher of unjustly profiting from the tapes. Trump is seeking just under $50 million in damages, a figure his lawyers calculated assuming Woodward would sell two million copies of the audiobook at a download price of $24.99.

Trump participated in 19 interviews in-person or by phone with Woodward between December 2019 and August 2020, as well as in 2016 when he was still a candidate, according to the complaint. Woodward’s book, Rage, was published a month after the last interview. In October 2022, Simon & Schuster released the audiobook of the recordings, The Trump Tapes.

Not sure that's going to hold up if he (Trump) consented to being recorded for the purposes of writing the book. Unless the consent language specifically forbids selling of the actual audio recordings, putting them into an audio book is not actionable since the material recorded was freely consented to and in fact used in published form?

We'll see, but I think Trump loses that one.

Not sure that's going to hold up if he (Trump) consented to being recorded for the purposes of writing the book. Unless the consent language specifically forbids selling of the actual audio recordings, putting them into an audio book is not actionable since the material recorded was freely consented to and in fact used in published form?

We'll see, but I think Trump loses that one.
trump is an idiot. Woodward worked in our intelligence community back right before nixon. Wonder why deep throat, another intelligence asset went to him? They are all incestuous bastards

trump is an idiot. Woodward worked in our intelligence community back right before nixon. Wonder why deep throat, another intelligence asset went to him? They are all incestuous bastards
Hey how you doin'? Kicked the Covid menace yet?

Hey how you doin'? Kicked the Covid menace yet?
Not close. Hope to watch some of game tonight. My wife's 85 year old aunt lives with us and I have to stay away. Both she and my wife have had it and did better than I have

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT