ADVERTISEMENT

Trump says he wanted Pence to overturn the 2020 election and falsely claims it was vice president's 'right'

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
Ok, have it your way. :joy: :joy:

Lofgren, a member of the House select committee probing the January 6 attack, added: "I guess the former President is saying that the vice president gets to choose the next president, in which case Kamala Harris will be presiding at the counting of the votes, and I guess he's saying she gets to choose who the next president is. That's clear to me, not what the Constitution provides for. He must be kidding."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/30/politics/trump-pence-2020-election/index.html

Lofgren, a member of the House select committee probing the January 6 attack, added: "I guess the former President is saying that the vice president gets to choose the next president, in which case Kamala Harris will be presiding at the counting of the votes, and I guess he's saying she gets to choose who the next president is. That's clear to me, not what the Constitution provides for. He must be kidding."

...and he just said he'd pardon the insurrectionists.

He's still the GOP hands down favorite to win the nomination. It's not even a political party anymore. GOP is neurotic a cult..

Reactions: Pitt5593

He's still the GOP hands down favorite to win the nomination. It's not even a political party anymore. GOP is neurotic a cult..
and you liberals are a bunch of kool aid drinking sheeples....there are plenty of destinations for you if you don't like it here....take moe and nyceer and all the other sheeples with you.....BBBBBBBAAAAAHHHHH 🐏 🐏 🐏 🐏 🐏

True. The far right is now the center of the GOP. Yep, Trump loves him some domestic terrorists.

He has the legal right to not accept the certifications ("send it back to the states"), according to many Constitutional scholars, which includes the texts that some Congressmen sent to Trump Jr.

But keep obfuscating that there were serious legal issues with the 2020 election. PA has already said their's was illegal. AZ said there were enough shady voting areas to impact the results. WI is going to soon decide whether to decertify their electoral votes. GA is just getting started.

Marc Elias ****ed around, and caused the country a lot of heartache.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airport
He has the legal right to not accept the certifications ("send it back to the states"), according to many Constitutional scholars, which includes the texts that some Congressmen sent to Trump Jr.

But keep obfuscating that there were serious legal issues with the 2020 election. PA has already said there's was illegal. AZ said there were enough shady voting areas to impact the results. WI is going to soon decide whether to decertify their electoral votes. GA is just getting started.

No he doesn't but it's ok. You're Qanon and you've lost touch with reality. Bless your heart.

What is your disability? Serious question. This has been explained to you. Considering the multitude discrepancies, he asked Pence to not allow certification and kick this back to the state legislatures to investigate. Pretty easy to comprehend if your are competent.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL

But keep obfuscating that there were serious legal issues with the 2020 election. PA has already said there's was illegal. AZ said there were enough shady voting areas to impact the results. WI is going to soon decide whether to decertify their electoral votes. GA is just getting started.

Biff broke you.

CNN
giphy3.gif

Continuing problem wit "orange man bad" I see.. Doctors have a solution for that... has something to do with a lead pill.

Irony is ironic. The only time you post on here now is when it revolves around Trump, who hasn't been President in over a year. So who did Biff really break? :joy: :joy: :joy:
In case you haven't been watching, biff just unleashed his mob on those investigating his illicit behavior. And the Fulton Co DA is asking the FBI to get involved. Biff's behavior will surely get worse as the investigations reveal new evidence. And through it all he continues to lie about the election he lost. No one has ever done this much to destroy our democracy.

So, I'm not the one he broke. The idiots who fall in line with his shit are.

Reactions: moe
In case you haven't been watching, biff just unleashed his mob on those investigating his illicit behavior. And the Fulton Co DA is asking the FBI to get involved. Biff's behavior will surely get worse as the investigations reveal new evidence. And through it all he continues to lie about the election he lost. No one has ever done this much to destroy our democracy.

Lol Tard. You are hilarious. Have you tried standup comedy? You got him now….

Have zero interest in it. It’s all theatrics for the rubes on the left and will result in nothing. I’m focused on the moron running our country into the ground.

Have zero interest in it. It’s all theatrics for the rubes on the left and will result in nothing. I’m focused on the moron running our country into the ground.

What Dog said. I could give two shits about Trump or what he's doing or saying right now. He's not impacting my life in any shape or form. Brandon surely is.

What Dog said. I could give two shits about Trump or what he's doing or saying right now. He's not impacting my life in any shape or form. Brandon surely is.
If they weren’t scared of Trump running again, they wouldn’t care either. They saw the size of the rally in Texas Saturday. They see the real poll numbers. Believe me, they know. They’re scared shitless.

Guessing this investigation (cough cough) will last about 4 more years.....Pfftt

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
What is your disability? Serious question. This has been explained to you. Considering the multitude discrepancies, he asked Pence to not allow certification and kick this back to the state legislatures to investigate. Pretty easy to comprehend if your are competent.
I guess I'm just stupid, thanks for explaining that lol. No seriously, that wasn't an option for Pence. You think Pence could just do whatever Trump wanted him to do? You might try reading actual news instead of Repub propaganda and misinformation for a change.

Fact check: No, Pence can't overturn the election results

Pence, in his role as president of the Senate, is scheduled to preside over Congress' certification of the results Wednesday, as detailed by the 12th Amendment. But he can't intervene in the process.

The law governing the certification process, the Electoral Count Act of 1887, specifically limits the power of the president of the Senate precisely because a president of the Senate had intervened in the count previously. In 1857, after James Buchanan's win, the Senate president overruled an objection against Wisconsin electors who had been delayed in their certification process by a snowstorm in 1856.

"One of the points of the Electoral Count Act is to constrain the vice president given this earlier episode and make it clear that he's a presider, not a decider," said former Federal Election Commission Chairman Trevor Potter, president of the Campaign Legal Center.

The Electoral Count Act, Potter said, offers a detailed playbook for how Congress' counting is supposed to go, and it specifically limits the vice president to ceremonial duties.

"It says the vice president shall preside and he shall ensure that the certifications and votes from the states are opened and read out," Potter said.

Potter, a Republican, was general counsel for both of Sen. John McCain's presidential campaigns.

I can't wait to see what these clowns do when he loses again. I'm sure he'll be talking civil war at his klan rallies at that point.
Trump will not be the Repub nominee...I'm always right...Remember I told you fools that he would beat your gal Hillary...and I told you Biden would beat Trump.
Here...let me give you another tip...Neither Biden NOR Harris will be Potus come Feb 2025.

Trump won't be the nominee.
Look, I like the guy. I thought he did some very good things for the country and would have continued to do so if he had got a second term. BUT, I hope the Republicans are smart enough to get someone out there as the nominee other than Trump. Granted, it comes down to the voting citizens but if the Dems put a moderate candidate out there I can't see this country putting Trump back in office. That is what happened in 2020, so many voted "against Trump" as opposed to "for Biden" and it'll be the same thing in 2024 if he is the Republican nominee.

I guess I'm just stupid, thanks for explaining that lol. No seriously, that wasn't an option for Pence. You think Pence could just do whatever Trump wanted him to do? You might try reading actual news instead of Repub propaganda and misinformation for a change.

Fact check: No, Pence can't overturn the election results

Pence, in his role as president of the Senate, is scheduled to preside over Congress' certification of the results Wednesday, as detailed by the 12th Amendment. But he can't intervene in the process.

The law governing the certification process, the Electoral Count Act of 1887, specifically limits the power of the president of the Senate precisely because a president of the Senate had intervened in the count previously. In 1857, after James Buchanan's win, the Senate president overruled an objection against Wisconsin electors who had been delayed in their certification process by a snowstorm in 1856.

"One of the points of the Electoral Count Act is to constrain the vice president given this earlier episode and make it clear that he's a presider, not a decider," said former Federal Election Commission Chairman Trevor Potter, president of the Campaign Legal Center.

The Electoral Count Act, Potter said, offers a detailed playbook for how Congress' counting is supposed to go, and it specifically limits the vice president to ceremonial duties.

"It says the vice president shall preside and he shall ensure that the certifications and votes from the states are opened and read out," Potter said.

Potter, a Republican, was general counsel for both of Sen. John McCain's presidential campaigns.
It’s pretty plain here retard…

Constitutional Framing​

“Various methods for selecting the executive were offered, reviewed, and discarded during the Constitutional Convention: legislative; direct; gubernatorial; electoral; and lottery. A decision resulted only late in the Convention, when the Committee of Detail presented executive election by special electors selected by the state legislatures. This compromise preserved states’ rights, increased the independence of the executive branch, and avoided popular election. In this plan, Congress plays a formal role in the election of the President and Vice President. While Members of Congress are expressly forbidden from being electors, the Constitution requires the House and Senate to count the Electoral College’s ballots, and in the event of a tie, to select the President and Vice President, respectively.”

So again, had Pence rejected the certification process, it would’ve kicked it back to the state legislatures. They would’ve chosen the special electors. You should pay attention and learn the play of words your corrupt msm and Democrats use. They are correct, Pence could not have overturned the results. Nobody asked him too. Again, you’re an idiot.

If you don't like politics you should probably avoid this board.
I love politics...that's why I post on this OT board. Unlike yours...my posts accommodate a broad range of political views and are mostly current....Trump is gone and Biden is current.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
If you don't like politics you should probably avoid this board.
NBC News highlighted a recent study that shows that not only does smoking pot impair numerous mental functions of the user, but these effects can linger for weeks after use has stopped. The study was one of those meta-reviews that analyzes data from multiple existing scientific studies to discover overarching trends. What it found was that, every time someone gets high, they can be dumber for weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: moe
ADVERTISEMENT