ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Jr. Texts Show 'Coup Was the Plan' From the Start, Legal Experts Say

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
Some legal experts contend that newly reported text message sent from Donald Trump Jr. to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows demonstrate that the former president and his allies were planning a "coup" from the start—even before votes were fully counted in the 2020 election.

CNN first reported on Friday that Trump Jr. sent a November 5, 2020 text message to Meadows which said: "It's very simple ... We have multiple paths We control them all." The former president's son reportedly laid out plans to subvert the Electoral College process and keep his father, former President Donald Trump, in the White House. Notably, that message was sent just two days after the election—before the results were finalized and as many states continued to count ballots.

"What this makes clear is that Jan. 6 was not based on a belief, good faith or otherwise, that the outcome of the 2020 election was decided incorrectly—they were plotting this before the votes had even been counted! The coup was the plan from the get-go," Asha Rangappa, a lawyer and senior lecturer at Yale University as well as a former FBI special agent, tweeted on Friday.

Laurence Tribe, a professor of Constitutional Law at Harvard, agreed with Rangappa's assessment.

".@AshaRangappa_ has this just right," Tribe wrote, retweeting the lawyer's post. "Most others have missed this key point: Junior's revelations kill the 'innocent state of mind' defense, leaving compelling proof of corrupt intent for each of the several federal felonies the plotters close to the defeated president committed."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...sedgntp&cvid=f5840fb6bc3a46e5b75483c6d3842df3

• Haha
Reactions: Christian96
Some legal experts contend that newly reported text message sent from Donald Trump Jr. to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows demonstrate that the former president and his allies were planning a "coup" from the start—even before votes were fully counted in the 2020 election.

CNN first reported on Friday that Trump Jr. sent a November 5, 2020 text message to Meadows which said: "It's very simple ... We have multiple paths We control them all." The former president's son reportedly laid out plans to subvert the Electoral College process and keep his father, former President Donald Trump, in the White House. Notably, that message was sent just two days after the election—before the results were finalized and as many states continued to count ballots.

"What this makes clear is that Jan. 6 was not based on a belief, good faith or otherwise, that the outcome of the 2020 election was decided incorrectly—they were plotting this before the votes had even been counted! The coup was the plan from the get-go," Asha Rangappa, a lawyer and senior lecturer at Yale University as well as a former FBI special agent, tweeted on Friday.

Laurence Tribe, a professor of Constitutional Law at Harvard, agreed with Rangappa's assessment.

".@AshaRangappa_ has this just right," Tribe wrote, retweeting the lawyer's post. "Most others have missed this key point: Junior's revelations kill the 'innocent state of mind' defense, leaving compelling proof of corrupt intent for each of the several federal felonies the plotters close to the defeated president committed."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...sedgntp&cvid=f5840fb6bc3a46e5b75483c6d3842df3
Asha, Tribe, and CNN in one paragraph. Too much bullshit in one place, watch out for methane explosions.

Reactions: 30CAT

Oh woe is moe. Another confusing collusion theory from Cricket News Network about Orange Man Bad...

Asha, Tribe, and CNN in one paragraph. Too much bullshit in one place, watch out for methane explosions.
I'd ignore Trump Jr's texts too if I were in your anti-democracy gang. I'll never understand why you all get in threads with bad looking texts or quotes that any news source could use and then blame CNN for ex. You can't escape them by blaming the press lol.

I'd ignore Trump Jr's texts too if I were in your anti-democracy gang. I'll never understand why you all get in threads with bad looking texts or quotes that any news source could use and then blame CNN for ex. You can't escape them by blaming the press lol.

You got him now. LMAO!

That text could mean anything. Unlike Hunter's saying 50% is going to pay daddy's bills.

Once again moetard, it’s about verifying the results that appeared to be fraudulent. And after verification they were fraudulent, the election would need to be overturned. I don’t know how how else to get through your skull. I’ve asked you before, do you reside in a group home? Or, are you total care?

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Once again moetard, it’s about verifying the results that appeared to be fraudulent. And after verification they were fraudulent, the election would need to be overturned. I don’t know how how else to get through your skull. I’ve asked you before, do you reside in a group home? Or, are you total care?
Seems all 4 years & more they keep investigating 24/7 & everything CNN puts out that moe gobbles up gets retracted or deleted.... lmao

No doubt about it. Knowing he was likely to lose the election beforehand, Trump probably sat down with his inner minions to work out every possible way to stay in power and pursue them. And we saw him do just that. Everything from fake electors to pence not certifying the election, it all happened and all illegal as hell.

No doubt about it. Knowing he was likely to lose the election beforehand, Trump probably sat down with his inner minions to work out every possible way to stay in power and pursue them. And we saw him do just that. Everything from fake electors to pence not certifying the election, it all happened and all illegal as hell.
Wtf drugs are you taking?

"...Ptrobably..."???? Based on what evidence? Saw him do just WHAT?
You are so full of it!!

And you're a scientist. Scary AF.

• Haha
"...Ptrobably..."???? Based on what evidence? Saw him do just WHAT?
You are so full of it!!
Those two had wet dreams over Trump's taxes.....a big ol nothing burger. Funny how Democrats went crazy over a businessman & his taxes but dont give two shits over a lifelong politician who has become a millionaire while serving. All in Congress need there taxes scrutinized

You should forward this to the U.S. Attorney in Delaware.

Imagine being dumb enough to say something that stupid out loud.

I would remove all references to CNN if I wanted conservatives to read my posts...CNN this MSNBC that, blah blah blah

Trump's backing Mooney here in WV... which is a HUGE mistake.
Saw this morning why he's backing Oz. He's pissed at the other guy in PA because he didn't turn the state upside down before he lost the election. That was never going to happen. So it's personal, what's not is best for the country. I've learned that when he makes dumb decisions, it's personal.

DeSantis, come HOME!

ADVERTISEMENT