ADVERTISEMENT

Trump convinces Carrier that $65 million a year savings isn't worth a move to Mexico...yeah right

WVMade

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2016
The Trump cult believes anything the master say's. We're suppose to believe Carrier gave up $65 million a year because Donnie is such a charming chap. Fools. What's really going to happen. Steelworkers Union will not agree to lower wages. Donnie and his billionaire cronies will either bust the Union or blame the Union. If they do bust the Union, the taxpayer will be take up the slack for Donnie's tax break promises and also make up the difference for low wages with welfare subsidies for workers. All while corporate bigs rake in the profit and Donnie slaps himself on the back while the Trumpets kiss his feet. Fools the lot of you. I honestly can't believe people are this fckn stupid.

lol... what has maobama done in 2016 to help the US ?

Your answer for every stupid move by Donnie is Hillary or Obama blah blah blah. Give it up and stop playing kid games. This is real now, not pretend hatred. Who gives a shit about Obama and Hillary?

Your answer for every stupid move by Donnie is Hillary or Obama blah blah blah. Give it up and stop playing kid games. This is real now, not pretend hatred. Who gives a shit about Obama and Hillary?
Comrade you do, quit pretending you are anything but a marxist.

The Trump cult believes anything the master say's. We're suppose to believe Carrier gave up $65 million a year because Donnie is such a charming chap. Fools. What's really going to happen. Steelworkers Union will not agree to lower wages. Donnie and his billionaire cronies will either bust the Union or blame the Union. If they do bust the Union, the taxpayer will be take up the slack for Donnie's tax break promises and also make up the difference for low wages with welfare subsidies for workers. All while corporate bigs rake in the profit and Donnie slaps himself on the back while the Trumpets kiss his feet. Fools the lot of you. I honestly can't believe people are this fckn stupid.

You don't have the facts of this deal, nor do I. You are speculating. Here is my speculation.

1. Trump is going to lower the corporate income tax rate from 35% to 15%. United technologies, the corporate owner of carrier, benefits greatly.
  1. 2. Trump is going to allow corporations to repatriate overseas profits with a very small tax applied. United technologies, which owns carrier, gets significant benefit.
    3. United Technologies does an enormous amount of business with the federal government. I suspect Trump made it clear that their contracts would be under review. It's called leverage. Or as Trump calls it, the art of the deal.
    4. Lastly, Mike Pence made state concessions to carrier. I have not read about any union concessions. I am not saying the union hasn't agreed to make some, but I have not read of any. But under any circumstance is, it is better for these jobs to remain in Indiana.
  2. United technologies has about $6 billion worth of federal government contracts.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

1. 3. United Technologies does an enormous amount of business with the federal government. I suspect Trump made it clear that their contracts would be under review. It's called leverage. Or as Trump calls it, the art of the deal.

It's not leverage, it's called coercion.

And it's illegal. Bigly!

Only a fool would attempt that....oh wait, never mind.

It's not leverage, it's called coercion.

And it's illegal. Bigly!

Only a fool would attempt that....oh wait, never mind.

There is absolutely nothing illegal about this. Governments and business do this all the time. It is called leverage. If you do large business with a company, you get better pricing. Are you going to claim with a straight face that the Obama administration never coerced businesses into doing what they wanted out of pure fear of what the government might regulate? Look at how the Obama administration affected the electric power industry even before they published their regulations. It's called jaw boning and the person who made it famous was JFK with the steel industry back in the early 60s.

There is absolutely nothing illegal about this.

Threatening to remove a company from a list of government approved contractors or from a list of contractors that already have standing contracts with the government is definitely illegal. No offense, I'm in a very polite mood after the day that you have had demonstrating numerous errors, but you have lost your effing mind.

Threatening to remove a company from a list of government approved contractors or from a list of contractors that already have standing contracts with the government is definitely illegal. No offense, I'm in a very polite mood after the day that you have had demonstrating numerous errors, but you have lost your effing mind.

It may have had little to do with existing contracts and everything to do with future contracts. I Seem to remember the United States/Obama telling companies they could not bid on federal contracts unless they accept certain LGBT requirements.

As with your prior posts on average median income, your argument is incredibly stupid. There is nothing illegal about this.

Carrier made $4B last year... $65M is chump change...

And I wonder how much money United Technologies made on the overs $6 billion worth of business they did with the federal government?

How soon will you Right-wingers junk whatever the hell you currenty use to heat and cool your homes in favor of that all that red, white, and blue stuff Carrier makes ?? Of course, they're the most expensive stuff in the business; so probably not too many of you (especially because it'll impress neither your neighbors, nor anyone on this Board).

Meanwhile, regardless of how Trump influenced (or coerced) UTC to call off the plant closing, I consider it......on balance.....to be a good thing. But as for Trump turning screws to see UTC (as a government supplier) hung out to dry, I myself personally doubt that.....even as Commander in Chief.....he's in any practical position to do this.

And I wonder how much money United Technologies made on the overs $6 billion worth of business they did with the federal government?

Comparatively speaking, not much.......margins on government contracts generally are more about covering overhead than adding to the bottom line. That said, $6 billion is, well, $6 billion; meaning it's at least enough to have a honest entry or two in their Annual Report. Meanwhile, wouldn't it be a kick in the teeth to see some Chinese investment firm make an offer to buy UTC in a couple years ??

Such a deal. Instead of moving 2100 jobs to Mexico, they bow to Trump and agree to keep 1000 in Indiana -- and they're laying off the other 1100. Merry Christmas my ass.

lol... you mean... thanks obama
Such a deal. Instead of moving 2100 jobs to Mexico, they bow to Trump and agree to keep 1000 in Indiana -- and they're laying off the other 1100. Merry Christmas my ass.

LOL you mad doe?

This has the smell of an election set-up scheme......it was announced BEFORE the election that they were moving operations to Mexico.....Trump campaigns on the promise to keep them here......and suddenly they stay???? Hmmm......[pfftt]

You don't have the facts of this deal, nor do I. You are speculating. Here is my speculation.

1. Trump is going to lower the corporate income tax rate from 35% to 15%. United technologies, the corporate owner of carrier, benefits greatly.
  1. 2. Trump is going to allow corporations to repatriate overseas profits with a very small tax applied. United technologies, which owns carrier, gets significant benefit.
    3. United Technologies does an enormous amount of business with the federal government. I suspect Trump made it clear that their contracts would be under review. It's called leverage. Or as Trump calls it, the art of the deal.
    4. Lastly, Mike Pence made state concessions to carrier. I have not read about any union concessions. I am not saying the union hasn't agreed to make some, but I have not read of any. But under any circumstance is, it is better for these jobs to remain in Indiana.
  2. United technologies has about $6 billion worth of federal government contracts.
Neither Trump nor Carrier has yet to say what the workers might have to give up or precisely what threats or incentives were used to get the manufacturer to change its mind.

"There's excitement with most people, but there's a lot of skepticism and worry because we don't know the details," said TJ Bray, 32, who has worked for Carrier for 14 years and installs insulation in furnaces.

"There's a few that are worried. And there's still a few that don't even believe this is real. They think it's a play, a set-up or a scam."

Sen. Joe Donnelly, an Indiana Democrat, said he, too, has lingering questions about what the announcement could mean for the workers.

"Who is going to be retained? What is the structure there will be for the retention? What is going to be put in place?" Donnelly said. "Are these the same jobs at the same wage? I would sure like to know as soon as I can."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Carrier-jobs-details-hazy.html#ixzz4RbnbgFrE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yep, that's exactly what they want you to focus on - the 1000 that are staying (and roughly 300 of those weren't moving anyway) and not the 2000 the company announced back in April that they were moving. So, what about the 1,000 that weren't saved? Hmm? None of those are mentioned in any of the articles praising Donnie & Mike for their deal-making, and certainly not the implied threat of United Technologies losing any of their lucrative contracts if they didn't play ball.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/135...arrier-unit-to-mexico-sorry-donald-trump.html

Funny thing here......

1. Trump tells American businesses that if they take their jobs to foreign companies they'll pay.....

2. Trump's nominee threatens Kellogg for pulling their add and urges conservative to boycott Kellogg's

So, free economic system??? I don't think so.....more like "Do what we say, support what we do, or you will pay"......

Neither Trump nor Carrier has yet to say what the workers might have to give up or precisely what threats or incentives were used to get the manufacturer to change its mind.

"There's excitement with most people, but there's a lot of skepticism and worry because we don't know the details," said TJ Bray, 32, who has worked for Carrier for 14 years and installs insulation in furnaces.

"There's a few that are worried. And there's still a few that don't even believe this is real. They think it's a play, a set-up or a scam."

Sen. Joe Donnelly, an Indiana Democrat, said he, too, has lingering questions about what the announcement could mean for the workers.

"Who is going to be retained? What is the structure there will be for the retention? What is going to be put in place?" Donnelly said. "Are these the same jobs at the same wage? I would sure like to know as soon as I can."

Libs amaze me. If Obama did this you would sing his praises. We will know the nature of the deal shortly. We do know the state (under Pence) gave them tax breaks of $700K per year for a period of years. We have no other details.

Why are liberals worried? Why do they think it a scam? Is Carrier really going to leave thus proving this a scam?

Donnelly knows nothing. Several workers have been on TV praising the deal and the fact they get to keep their jobs and continue to provide for their families.

Carrier planned to eliminate 1,400 jobs. They will not keep 1,000 jobs in Indiana. It's called a victory and if Obama did it, you would hail it a victory as well.

My guess is that Carrier, which is owned by United Technologies, realized they had more to lose if they moved. UT does about $6B in business with the Federal Government. They also know Trump will lower their taxes from 35% to 15% and allow them to repatriate their overseas profits. All incentives for Carrier.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Carrier-jobs-details-hazy.html#ixzz4RbnbgFrE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yep, that's exactly what they want you to focus on - the 1000 that are staying (and roughly 300 of those weren't moving anyway) and not the 2000 the company announced back in April that they were moving. So, what about the 1,000 that weren't saved? Hmm? None of those are mentioned in any of the articles praising Donnie & Mike for their deal-making, and certainly not the implied threat of United Technologies losing any of their lucrative contracts if they didn't play ball.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/135...arrier-unit-to-mexico-sorry-donald-trump.html

Well, the Indianapolis paper states that 1,400 jobs were to be moved. The news reporting last night all said 1,400.

How you can complain because 1,000 jobs were saved if beyond me. If Obama did this, you would sing his praises. I don't know what is going to happen to the 400 but layoffs occur all the time. Perhaps their business can't support that number. I know many, many coal companies have laid off thousands of workers because of Obama's EPA. Their business is simply not strong enough to support the number of workers they once employed.

I'll tell you exactly why you are so upset. This is a victory for Trump. If he succeeds in doing more of this, far. more of this, he will be reelected. Then you have 8 years of GOP rule. And that scares you to death.

An article on Kennedy's treatment of Steel executives:

http://www.peoplesworld.org/article/how-jfk-forced-steel-price-roll-back/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT