ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Transfer update

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Was asked earlier today about Illinois linebacker T.J. Neal who is leaving the Illini program to spend his final year at another school as a graduate transfer. I definitely think this is one you see West Virginia at least try to explore and I noticed today that defensive coordinator Tony Gibson and some others followed him on twitter. West Virginia obviously has a need at linebacker and he put together a very strong season this past year with over 100 tackles, and is a two year starter. It's way too early to see if things will materialize here but the biggest threat at least initially is expected to be Penn State. He wasn't recruited by the Nittany Lions out of high school but they are reportedly interested now and it would give him a school close to home as well as his former defensive coordinator Tim Banks is now on staff with Penn State. As I said it's very early here and a lot of other schools will likely be involved but I will try to work it and get information as time passes. These situations often go relatively quiet though with an announcement coming when the prospect settles on a school.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News