ADVERTISEMENT

Tough day to be a Top 25 team ... for SEVEN of them!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Kansas didn't do us any favor. I'm sure Baylor will be one pissed-off team coming into Morgantown.

Wow, Kansas ripped #2 Baylor, 71-58! Guess long layoff hurt the Bears. Hope they don’t take only loss of the season out on WVU in Morgantown on Tuesday.

Oklahoma State took down #7 Oklahoma, 94-90. I’ve thought all along that Sooners were ranked a bit higher than they should have been.

#10 West Virginia blows away Kansas State, 65-43, as expected.

North Carolina knocks off #11 Florida State, 78-70, another team I thought was ranked too high.

Xavier upsets #13 Creighton, 77-69. The Omaha team is good year after year. WVU had to work to beat Creighton in a few years back.

#18 Texas Tech beat #14 Texas, 68-59, which surprised me a bit.

Utah beat #19 Southern Cal, which has never impressed me, by 71-61.

Auburn knocked off #25 Tennessee, 77-72.

That’s SEVEN of top 25 losing in ONE day!

WVU should at least move up to #9, maybe higher, on Monday.

Baylor loss takes some of the pizazz out of Tuesday’s visit to WVU, but the wakeup call won’t help the Mountaineers.

I thought WVU had much better rapid, multiple passes on a possession against Kansas State, rather than just trying to dribble so much. Also, Huggins Heroes have quick moves, fast forward than stop while guarder keeps moving and get an open shot, good right to left moves.

And Osabuohien, or 3 as I call him because I have trouble spelling his name because there are too many vowels in it for my brain to handle, is becoming more and more valuable. He finds the open man better than anyone on the team because he works harder than anyone else at doing that, he guards extremely well, he rebounds well. I know he doesn’t score a lot, but he makes everyone else score more.

7 of the top 10 lost this week. Wvu will move up more than one spot. Top 5.

I can live with #5 and #6. #3 Baylor is next. Keep winning and you keep moving up.

I want another crack at Gonzaga ... in March Madness. We had those guys late in the game and let them slip away. They ARE good and deserve to be #1. But WVU had them and let the Zags escape. Not next time, please, God!

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Rankings mean nothing. Didn't WVU lose to OK a short time ago and move UP in the rankings? It's all up to those idiots holed up in that bunker. Based on the current rankings a #6 ranking should get you a #2 seed. But the idiots won't give them higher than a 3 or 4. It's politics pure and simple.

Rankings mean nothing. Didn't WVU lose to OK a short time ago and move UP in the rankings? It's all up to those idiots holed up in that bunker. Based on the current rankings a #6 ranking should get you a #2 seed. But the idiots won't give them higher than a 3 or 4. It's politics pure and simple.

When you play top #10 teams and not high school level competition you can lose 1 game and move up in the polls because after that you beat highly ranked Texas on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT