ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU....we stink and David Bell is lost in tall cotton! Best we

can hope for is that MLB just pulls the plug on the 60 game experiment.
hope they get to at least .500 and then surrender....I remember the Big Red Machine but I don't much recall the 1990 bunch....I was force fed the Reds growing up.....hated it...." this is the old lefthander rounding third and heading for home"........help me Jesus-ah

Reactions: Hogan's Hero
The 1990 "wire-to-wire" World Champion Cincinnati Reds is one of the most entertaining teams ever. Pork Chop Lou Pinella and the nasty boys were TV gold. It's just a shame that the Reds have sucked for most of the three decades since then. David Bell is a byproduct of nepotism and too stupid to stop making the same mistakes that he made in 2019. This imbecile saw Rasiel Iglesias lose one tie game after another and lead all National League relievers in losses with 12 in 2019, so what does he do the first time in 2020 that the game is tied going to the Ninth Inning? Call in Iglesias from the bull pen, of course. What happens? Boom, a two-run homerun and a loss for the home team. #DumbBell

hope they get to at least .500 and then surrender....I remember the Big Red Machine but I don't much recall the 1990 bunch....I was force fed the Reds growing up.....hated it...." this is the old lefthander rounding third and heading for home"........help me Jesus-ah
1990, the "nasty boys" mow down the "bash brothers" in a sweep!

Reactions: countryroads89
The 1990 "wire-to-wire" World Champion Cincinnati Reds is one of the most entertaining teams ever. Pork Chop Lou Pinella and the nasty boys were TV gold. It's just a shame that the Reds have sucked for most of the three decades since then. David Bell is a byproduct of nepotism and too stupid to stop making the same mistakes that he made in 2019. This imbecile saw Rasiel Iglesias lose one tie game after another and lead all National League relievers in losses with 12 in 2019, so what does he do the first time in 2020 that the game is tied going to the Ninth Inning? Call in Iglesias from the bull pen, of course. What happens? Boom, a two-run homerun and a loss for the home team. #DumbBell
What other team would tolerate a "closer" with 12 loses? We are doomed!

Losing 2 of 3 at home to the home state Tigers certainly isn't a good way to start the slate. Tigers will likely end up with the worst record in all of baseball again this year, albeit, by mercy of a 60 game slate, losing 114 certainly won't occur again this year, but losing 44 is possible.

Detroit's manager proved in Minnesota that he's a solid skipper, and if he had the Reds' talent, then he'd win 40 games this season. The Reds' manager is a dope who was gifted the job because his Grandpa Gus is a Reds' legend, and his Dad Buddy played for the Reds after his prime. The Reds' ownership and front office deserve to be MLB's biggest disappointment in 2020.

Losing 2 of 3 at home to the home state Tigers certainly isn't a good way to start the slate. Tigers will likely end up with the worst record in all of baseball again this year, albeit, by mercy of a 60 game slate, losing 114 certainly won't occur again this year, but losing 44 is possible.
Tigers are woeful but clipped us 2 out 3 in Cincy! Misused bullpen and "take a knee" overpaid with a contract that is killings us Votto the goats, IMHO!

Detroit's manager proved in Minnesota that he's a solid skipper, and if he had the Reds' talent, then he'd win 40 games this season. The Reds' manager is a dope who was gifted the job because his Grandpa Gus is a Reds' legend, and his Dad Buddy played for the Reds after his prime. The Reds' ownership and front office deserve to be MLB's biggest disappointment in 2020.
He is a dope...from his misuse of the bullpen to his batting order faux pas's that make no sense. Winker batting lead off, Jesse could not out run Pete Rose right now and Pete's in his mid 70's and packing a few extra pounds!

David is Gus's grandson?...didn't know that

Reds have not had a winning season since 2013 (90-72 a 3rd place finish). They lost NLWC game to Pirates.

For the last 2 decades the Reds are (1526-1714 avg W/L 76.3-85.7) this was with a 3 year period of of 90+ wins. (91-71), (97-65), (90-72). What a miserable team they have become this century.

The Reds in the 1970's was by far one of the best in baseball.

Reds have not had a winning season since 2013 (90-72 a 3rd place finish). They lost NLWC game to Pirates.

For the last 2 decades the Reds are (1526-1714 avg W/L 76.3-85.7) this was with a 3 year period of of 90+ wins. (91-71), (97-65), (90-72). What a miserable team they have become this century.

The Reds in the 1970's was by far one of the best in baseball.
You forgot about the 1990 wire-to-wire World Series Champion Reds. The Reds have sucked overall since the 1970s, but not as much as the Pirates! The Bucs haven't won the World Series since 1979, I think. Moreover, Pittsburgh had a long streak of consecutive losing seasons until they snapped it about a decade ago, and suck again now. #MiseryLovesCompany

You forgot about the 1990 wire-to-wire World Series Champion Reds. The Reds have sucked overall since the 1970s, but not as much as the Pirates! The Bucs haven't won the World Series since 1979, I think. Moreover, Pittsburgh had a long streak of consecutive losing seasons until they snapped it about a decade ago, and suck again now. #MiseryLovesCompany

Yup pro sports teams have a tendency to go up and down ever since the free agent stuff. Teams like the Yankees and Dodgers toss out big bucks for players instead of going minor league route.

Yup pro sports teams have a tendency to go up and down ever since the free agent stuff. Teams like the Yankees and Dodgers toss out big bucks for players instead of going minor league route.
True, one can argue that all of the "small" market teams are really just farm teams for the Yanks, Dodgers, Angles.

ADVERTISEMENT