ADVERTISEMENT

Toss a coin to make NFL draft picks. Match the experts!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
We know that media “experts” and fans get it wrong about how college stars will do in the NFL.

What about NFL analytics who are paid millions of $$$ to help their teams make the draft choices?

I choose the 2017 draft because 4-year contracts with 5th-year options are standard in the NFL for First Round draft picks.

HALF the 2017 first round draft picks are not with their original team for the 2021 season! Even the analytics do no better than a coin toss.

Garrett two Pro Bowls and received first-team All-Pro honors in 2020 and still is with the Browns.

Mitchell Trubisky faltered to free agent with Bills by 2021

Solomon Thomas a free agent with the Raiders by 2021

Leonard Fournette by 2020 Jags couldn’t get any team to make a trade for him so he signed as a free agent with Tampa Bay

Corey Davis by 2021 was dropped by the Titans and went to the Jets but did get a 3-year contract

Jamal Adams made Pro Bowl twice, was team captain in 2018, demanded a trade and was sent to the Seahawks in a 4-player deal.

Mike Williams still is with the Chargers for the 2021 season.

Christian McCaffrey in 2020 signed a 4-year extension with the Panthers that makes him the highest paid running back in NFL history

John Ross in 2021 became a free agent with the Giants.

Patrick Mahomes in 2018 became the first Chief named NFL MVP, in 2019 was named Super Bowl MVP of Super Bowl champ Chiefs, in 2020 got a $503 million contract extension.

Marshon Lattimore was a steady performer every season for the Saints, but was arrested in March 2021 and charged with having a stolen handgun. The case has not been resolved.

Deshaun Watson led the league in passing yards in 2020 and still is with the Texans.

Haason Reddick began a free agent with the Panthers for 2021.

Derek Barnett played with the 2017 Eagles Super Bowl champs, had an injury-shorted 2018 season and still is with the Eagles.

Malik Hooker after an injury-plagued career is a free agent the Cowboys are considering.

Marlon Humphrey still is with the Ravens with a 5-year contract extension.

Jonathan Allen still is with the Redskins, or whatever Washington is called in 2021.

Adoree' Jackson is a free agent with the Giants for 2021.

O.J. Howard still is with the Bucs despite being on injured reserve 3 of his 4 seasons.

Garett Bolles, despite being penalized for holding more than any other NFL player for 3 seasons, has a 4-year extension and still is with the Broncos.

Jarrad Davis became a free agent with the Jets for 2021.

Charles Harris was traded to the Falcons in 2020 for a 7th round draft pick.

Evan Engram still is with the Giants despite injuries and untimely dropped passes.

Gareon Conley was traded to the Texans in 2019 for a 3rd round draft pick and is a free agent in 2021.

Jabrill Peppers in 2019 was traded to the Giants.

Takkarist McKinley was claimed off waivers by the Raiders in November 2020.

Tre'Davious White still is with the Bills with a 4-year contract extension and has missed only 2 games.

Taco Charlton after only 2 weeks in 2019 was released by the Cowboys, claimed off waivers by the Dolphins, then was waived again and signed by the Chiefs.

David Njoku still is with the Browns despite being on injured reserve 2 of his 4 seasons.

T.J. Watt’s brothers J.J. Watt (Cardinals) and Derek Watt (Steelers) mean 3 brothers in one family made it to the NFL. T.J. still is with the Steelers.

Reuben Foster was released by the 49ers in 2018 over his crime rap sheet, the Redskins took a chance and signed him in November 2018 but injuries dogged him in 2020.

Ryan Ramczyk still is with the Saints and doing well

See, it's not that easy making NFL draft choices . . . unless you're fan who knows better than the experts.

Round

Pick

Overall Pick

Team

Player

Position

School

Cleveland Browns

Myles Garrett

DE

Texas A&M

Chicago Bears

Mitchell Trubisky

QB

North Carolina

San Francisco 49ers

Solomon Thomas

DE

Stanford

Jacksonville Jaguars

Leonard Fournette

RB

LSU

Tennessee Titans

Corey Davis

WR

Western Michigan

New York Jets

Jamal Adams

S

LSU

Los Angeles Chargers

Mike Williams

WR

Clemson

Carolina Panthers

Christian McCaffrey

RB

Stanford

Cincinnati Bengals

John Ross

WR

Washington

Kansas City Chiefs

Patrick Mahomes

QB

Texas Tech

New Orleans Saints

Marshon Lattimore

CB

Ohio State

Houston Texans

Deshaun Watson

QB

Clemson

Arizona Cardinals

Haason Reddick

LB

Temple

Philadelphia Eagles

Derek Barnett

DE

Tennessee

Indianapolis Colts

Malik Hooker

S

Ohio State

Baltimore Ravens

Marlon Humphrey

CB

Alabama

Washington

Jonathan Allen

DL

Alabama

Tennessee Titans

Adoree' Jackson

CB

Southern California

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

O.J. Howard

TE

Alabama

Denver Broncos

Garett Bolles

OT

Utah

Detroit Lions

Jarrad Davis

LB

Florida

Miami Dolphins

Charles Harris

DE/OLB

Missouri

New York Giants

Evan Engram

TE

Mississippi

Oakland Raiders

Gareon Conley

CB

Ohio State

Cleveland Browns

Jabrill Peppers

S

Michigan

Atlanta Falcons

Takkarist McKinley

OLB

UCLA

Buffalo Bills

Tre'Davious White

CB

LSU

Dallas Cowboys

Taco Charlton

DE

Michigan

Cleveland Browns

David Njoku

TE

Miami

Pittsburgh Steelers

T.J. Watt

OLB

Wisconsin

San Francisco 49ers

Reuben Foster

MLB

Alabama

New Orleans Saints

Ryan Ramczyk

OT

Wi

Ding...we have a winner for the longest post ever coupled with the longest piece of internet plagiarism ever! The winner...you guessed it our very own fraud and consumate jackass. CFE!!

Reactions: KingCoal and muthed
Ding...we have a winner for the longest post ever coupled with the longest piece of internet plagiarism ever! The winner...you guessed it our very own fraud and consumate jackass. CFE!!

Since you obviously don't have a dictionary: Plagiarism is verbatim copying of a majority of someone's work. Since I researched 34 documents, Copy and Pasted ONLY the list of 2017 First Round draft picks and their colleges and all the other words are mine and not in anything I researched and I am the only one to put together that HALF the 2017 First Round draft picks are no longer with the teams that drafted them already the word is "research." You just can't fix ignorance, I guess. I'll pray for your recovery. You're welcome to plagiarize my post and claim it's yours elsewhere. People will think your intelligence improved overnight.

Since you obviously don't have a dictionary: Plagiarism is verbatim copying of a majority of someone's work. Since I researched 34 documents, Copy and Pasted ONLY the list of 2017 First Round draft picks and their colleges and all the other words are mine and not in anything I researched and I am the only one to put together that HALF the 2017 First Round draft picks are no longer with the teams that drafted them already the word is "research." You just can't fix ignorance, I guess. I'll pray for your recovery. You're welcome to plagiarize my post and claim it's yours elsewhere. People will think your intelligence improved overnight.
So doofus...partial thievery is ok? Lol. You are one of worst lifters of intellectual property I've ever encountered. And by the way plagiarism doesn't have to be verbatim . You've been caught again.

You forgot to link or acknowledge credit to original report that you copied and pasted.

Reactions: KingCoal
CFE, next time just post the link. No one is going to read all this and the format makes this thread terrible.

I PREFER TO INCLUDE MY EXPERIENCE, BASED ON 2 DECADES AS A SPORTSWRITER AND A LIFETIME OF BEING ANALYTICAL ABOUT SPORTS AND LIFE AND LOVE. PLUS EVERYONE HAS THE OPTION OF NOT READING IT. I'M OK WITH THAT. IT JUST MEANS THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Of the 4 types listed in this link, CFE is guilty of one of these two.

Mosaic Plagiarism​

Mosaic Plagiarism occurs when a student borrows phrases from a source without using quotation marks, or finds synonyms for the author’s language while keeping to the same general structure and meaning of the original. Sometimes called “patch writing,” this kind of paraphrasing, whether intentional or not, is academically dishonest and punishable – even if you footnote your source! [See examples.]

Accidental Plagiarism​

Accidental plagiarism occurs when a person neglects to cite their sources, or misquotes their sources, or unintentionally paraphrases a source by using similar words, groups of words, and/or sentence structure without attribution. (See example for mosaic plagiarism.) Students must learn how to cite their sources and to take careful and accurate notes when doing research. (See the Note-Taking section on the Avoiding Plagiarism page.) Lack of intent does not absolve the student of responsibility for plagiarism. Cases of accidental plagiarism are taken as seriously as any other plagiarism and are subject to the same range of consequences as other types of plagiarism.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Of the 4 types listed in this link, CFE is guilty of one of these two.

Mosaic Plagiarism​

Mosaic Plagiarism occurs when a student borrows phrases from a source without using quotation marks, or finds synonyms for the author’s language while keeping to the same general structure and meaning of the original. Sometimes called “patch writing,” this kind of paraphrasing, whether intentional or not, is academically dishonest and punishable – even if you footnote your source! [See examples.]

Accidental Plagiarism​

Accidental plagiarism occurs when a person neglects to cite their sources, or misquotes their sources, or unintentionally paraphrases a source by using similar words, groups of words, and/or sentence structure without attribution. (See example for mosaic plagiarism.) Students must learn how to cite their sources and to take careful and accurate notes when doing research. (See the Note-Taking section on the Avoiding Plagiarism page.) Lack of intent does not absolve the student of responsibility for plagiarism. Cases of accidental plagiarism are taken as seriously as any other plagiarism and are subject to the same range of consequences as other types of plagiarism.
Unless you're Joe Biden it's against the law.

Reactions: Rootmaster
CFE, love the info that you bring, but to purport you authored your post isn't something that you learned in the WVU School of Journalism.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I finally believe this clown was a "journalist"....fraud, plagiarism, too lazy to do his own work, no independent thought...sounds like a "journalist" to me.

ADVERTISEMENT