ADVERTISEMENT

Torn

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
although the old coach in me sees the benefit of a really young,jelling team getting to play a few more games the old fart conservative part of me thinks that paying to play in a tournament smacks of summer softball and participation trophies.......:chairshot:

The Old Fold & Blew Propaganda Machine will tell you that the learning experience that comes along with beating up on the Grand Canyon Antelopes in Morganhole is invaluable.

IF and I do mean if, WVU would make this tournament final (5-6 games) plus the summer trip (4 games), that's a lot of practice time that could only help.

But it won't be till this time next year to know if this was worth it.

The Old Fold & Blew Propaganda Machine will tell you that the learning experience that comes along with beating up on the Grand Canyon Antelopes in Morganhole is invaluable.
I don't think Grand Canyon is a gimme...Cousins capable of losing to this natural wonder! Just like we're capable of losing to uweee poooie!

The Old Fold & Blew is playing in Morganhole...where tHuggs bullies his officials. Mountaingoats 92, Antelopes 66

although the old coach in me sees the benefit of a really young,jelling team getting to play a few more games the old fart conservative part of me thinks that paying to play in a tournament smacks of summer softball and participation trophies.......:chairshot:
Yeh. I'm with you. Marshall even got a trophy for winning a first round game in the CIT last night.

It is literally summer softball. By NCAA rules you can practice and play games via this and similar tournaments and a team that needs time together has a way. Add that to the 4th year trip to Europe this summer Huggs has a chance to make some strides this off season. We need it.

Do they keep kegs by the benches and under the basket to liven things up like summer softball? I don't think Huggins would object.

Yeh. I'm with you. Marshall even got a trophy for winning a first round game in the CIT last night.

The CIT is part-bracket, part-racket. The tournament charges a fee for teams to host home games.

The CIT is part-bracket, part-racket. The tournament charges a fee for teams to host home games.
This coming from the ancient moron who started a thread and typed one post after post about there allegedly being "no downside" to WVU's decision to pay to play in the CBI. Yeah, no downside...other than playing the role of a prison sissy for a .500 and sixth place Sun Belt team that lit y'all up for a 109 on your home floor!

[laughing]

Toeshit once again tries his best to divert and skid.

Hall of Fame tHuggy can't deny that his team just set a WVU record for most losses in a season (21), too!

...but you boys cannot deny the 109!

Who's denying it?

Crazy thing is Herd boys think it bothers WVU fans. Sad reality is WVU knows a bad season when it sees one.

Yes it must feel good to you when a powerhouse team like WVU has a bad season. You cheer because the Herd has so many failures.

Perhaps it's because of past failures at the hands of Dan D'antoni 11-21 or the previous quarter face Herrion, 11-22, 13-19.

Who's denying it?

Crazy thing is Herd boys think it bothers WVU fans. Sad reality is WVU knows a bad season when it sees one.

Yes it must feel good to you when a powerhouse team like WVU has a bad season. You cheer because the Herd has so many failures.

Perhaps it's because of past failures at the hands of Dan D'antoni 11-21 or the previous quarter face Herrion, 11-22, 13-19.

Marshall has had some good years. Even put a player or two in the NBA. Fine. On their good year, they still got beat by us.

Yes we know a bad year. I think this year was inconsistent. We go out and beat a final four team on a neutral court then 10 days later have Coastal CaroNobody drop 106 on us. Did we do any good in those added practices? There were about 7,000 fans that saw we could not stop anyone that night. Would have been better off saving the money.

Who's denying it?

and the REAL sad thing is we so rarely see one and we still know what it is...must be fro watching marshla suffer

Who's denying it?

Hahahahahahhhahhahahaahahahahhhahaa..." a powerhouse team like WVU". What could more perfectly confirm that you Cousins are completely delusional? You boys are truly legends in your own minds! Win something of note and get back to us!

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
and the REAL sad thing is we so rarely see one and we still know what it is...must be fro watching marshla suffer
Rarely see one? Some historians might indicate you've seen more bad seasons than great ones. Perhaps you really did need that eye surgury after all.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Rarely see one? Some historians might indicate you've seen more bad seasons than great ones. Perhaps you really did need that eye surgury after all.
one bad season out of 10?.. that's more bad than good?...I'd take that any day and most coaches would also......and a bad season by our standards would be a banner one for marshla

one bad season out of 10?.. that's more bad than good?...I'd take that any day and most coaches would also......and a bad season by our standards would be a banner one for marshla
WVU was 13-19 in 2012-2013, and didn't pay to play in a postseason tournament. The Fold & Blew was 17-16 the next season, and one-and-done in the NIT.

WVU was 13-19 in 2012-2013, and didn't pay to play in a postseason tournament. The Fold & Blew was 17-16 the next season, and one-and-done in the NIT.
like I said...one bad season out of 10....kind of like when the suckeyes sucked under luke fickell...that kind of season

Hahahahahahhhahhahahaahahahahhhahaa..." a powerhouse team like WVU". What could more perfectly confirm that you Cousins are completely delusional? You boys are truly legends in your own minds! Win something of note and get back to us!

Jealousy doesn't fit you. Perhaps you can cuddle with Toshoe for some stability in your life.

Marshall 13-19 in 2012-13 with a loss to WVU,
Marshall 11-22 in 2013-14 with a loss to WVU.
Marshall 11-21 in 2014-15 with a loss to WVU
Marshall 17-16 in 2015-16 with a loss to WVU
Marshall 20-15 in 2016-17 They couldn't beat WVU so they dropped down to a lesser team West Virginia Wesleyan.
Marshall 2nd round thumping at the Hands of WVU.
Marshall 2018-19 wins the National Championship over Green Bay.

Oh wait it's a pay to play tournament.

Let's see that order
NCAA
NIT
CBI (nit of the nit)
CIT(nit of the nit of the nit)

like I said...one bad season out of 10....kind of like when the suckeyes sucked under luke fickell...that kind of season
You're not very good at counting your fingers and toes. 13-19 & 15-21 both happened less than 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Marshall 13-19 in 2012-13 with a loss to WVU,
Marshall 11-22 in 2013-14 with a loss to WVU.
Marshall 11-21 in 2014-15 with a loss to WVU
Marshall 17-16 in 2015-16 with a loss to WVU
Marshall 20-15 in 2016-17 They couldn't beat WVU so they dropped down to a lesser team West Virginia Wesleyan.
Marshall 2nd round thumping at the Hands of WVU.
Marshall 2018-19 wins the National Championship over Green Bay.

Oh wait it's a pay to play tournament.

Let's see that order
NCAA
NIT
CBI (nit of the nit)
CIT(nit of the nit of the nit)
I couldn't care less about Marshall, dipsh!t, and after 110,000 posts on message boards, T-Bone Allen shouldn't have to resort to first grade tactics. Ohio State hasn't had a losing season since 2003-04.

I couldn't care less about Marshall, dipsh!t, and after 110,000 posts on message boards, T-Bone Allen shouldn't have to resort to first grade tactics. Ohio State hasn't had a losing season since 2003-04.
...but I know you care about the Reds, we appear to be woeful again this year! Can't plate a run to save our collective lives!

No worries, Tony, as we have a member of the Cincinnati Bell family at the helm, which is David's only qualification for being the Reds' manager. He's already proven to me that he's a clueless robot. DumbBell keeps running out the same lineup that has proven incapable of scoring a run, and blindly sends the closer out in a tie game, apparently unaware of the fact that Iglesias has proven in the past to be good only in a save situation. I'd love it for a Reds' manager to "think outside of the box" just once, but sadly, this won't happen. Did you notice how the Pirates scored their first run last night? Run and hit, with Jose Peraza, the Reds' second baseman, covering the second base bag. Why on Earth did DumbBell have the second baseman cover the bag with Josh Bell, a left handed batter, at the plate? Answer: Because he's an idiot. Clint Hurdle and his pitching coach are infinitely smarter than DumbBell. That's why the Reds are destined to finish in last place...again.

No worries, Tony, as we have a member of the Cincinnati Bell family at the helm, which is David's only qualification for being the Reds' manager. He's already proven to me that he's a clueless robot. DumbBell keeps running out the same lineup that has proven incapable of scoring a run, and blindly sends the closer out in a tie game, apparently unaware of the fact that Iglesias has proven in the past to be good only in a save situation. I'd love it for a Reds' manager to "think outside of the box" just once, but sadly, this won't happen. Did you notice how the Pirates scored their first run last night? Run and hit, with Jose Peraza, the Reds' second baseman, covering the second base bag. Why on Earth did DumbBell have the second baseman cover the bag with Josh Bell, a left handed batter, at the plate? Answer: Because he's an idiot. Clint Hurdle and his pitching coach are infinitely smarter than DumbBell. That's why the Reds are destined to finish in last place...again.
Sadly your commentary is accurate! I'm ready to give up on Sheblier and call up Senzil and just hand him the CF position.

my nephew in St marys is a catcher and being recruited by Urbana , Ohio......their coach's last name is Oester....son of Ron

Ron was a slick-fielding second baseman, but couldn't hit a lick. Because he's a big guy, his lack of power always surprised me.

1st grade tactics.Really. This coming from someone who blows on a message board. Calls others, Homosexuals. Curses nonstop because his inferiority complex. Has a constant, rant of your this person or somebody else this person. So forth and so forth.

I don't care about Ohio State. You don't see me on an Ohio State message board jerking of others pretending to be a graduate of said college. You're a pretender go home.

Real tough talk by an 80-year-old loser with a fake ticker, who spends every waking moment of his pathetic life on message boards. T-BoneAllen has over 110,000 posts...nothing screams total loser like that! You need professional help for your delusions, as I don't call other posters, "homosexuals," f-tard.

ADVERTISEMENT