ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Reasons We Hate SUckacuse

For me the reason I’ve always hated Syracuse was that bullshit goaltending call that one year. I don’t remember when that was but I know it was a huge game and I didn’t calm down for a week after.

5 - Archibald Stadium
4- Carrier Dome
3 - "The Express"
2 - Donovan McNab
1 - Marvin Graves
Back in grade school, my best friend had an extra ticket. We were in row 5, riverside across from south foul line in old Fieldhouse. Syracuse had AA center Bill Smith. Benfield owned him to point Smirh lost it. As he came down court, he punched a ref in back of head. Rest of Syracuse bench came out on court throwing punches, one grabbed the water bucket and began swinging it at the other ref. They wrapped him in the warmup jacket and Smith started wailing him with punches. Just then, I see this flash of light blue come out of the stands. It's my buddy's dad who runs out and tackles Smith to the floor so cops can handcuff the SOB. They ended up calling the game and arresting 3 Syracuse players.Dropped charges when SU paid huge fine.
My buddy's dad was given a lifetime ban from WVU sports. That hurt him so bad but he acknowledged that he was "officially" in the wrong for taking the court. He wore the blue jacket for the rest of his life as a badge of courage.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
For me the reason I’ve always hated Syracuse was that bullshit goal tending call that one year. I don’t remember when that was but I know it was a huge game and I didn’t calm down for a week after.

January 28, 2012

With the shot clock turned off and 26.3 seconds to play in a Syracuse-led 63-61 ballgame, West Virginia's Truck Bryant attempted an early three-point shot, only to have the try miss the backboard, rim and net entirely. After Mountaineers forward Deniz Kilicli recovered the air ball, Kilicli put up a quick two-point try with 11 seconds remaining.

That's when Mountaineers-Orange turned into controversy central.

Syracuse's Moussa Keita went for the block, contacting the basketball on its upward trajectory around the time when the ball first hit the backboard.

When the entire ball is above the level of the ring during a field-goal try and contacts the backboard, it is considered to be on its downward flight. In such a case, it is goal tending when the ball is touched by a player.

What they're saying about the 'missed' goaltending call in Syracuse's two-point win over West Virginia
Updated Jan 30, 2012; Posted Jan 30, 2012

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2012/01/what_theyre_saying_about_misse.html

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...miss-goaltending-call-espn-analyst-loses-mind

I really couldn't care less about Syracuse. They are stuck in the bloated ACC and I don't miss them one bit.

WVU moved onward and upward to the Wild Wild Big XII and I love it.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
Did Syracuse play a role in the ACC Tournament being moved because of the transgender bathroom ban....

I have no idea....

But they are UNC's problem now.

Or as it is better known...The Official No Contact Football Conference where tackling is not allowed.

You see it in the NFL now.

DBs are taught to go for the strip and this leads to broken tackles...
Some of the hardest hitters in the history of CFB came from the SWC/Big XII.

Have you ever played the game? Or do you just make up your insight to impress other basement dwellers?

Even in the 1990's when I was coaching high school football DBs ran stripping drills.

But I think today with turnovers being promoted by DCs in CFB and even in the NFL you see DBs trying to work the ball loose instead of wrapping up.

TVZ. Wait a minute...I thought that was when you were travelling the world developing oil fields...while at the same time serving in the Marines...while at the same time etc. Now I understand, you were also squeezing in high school coaching winning national prep championships. One busy dudette there FakeTexasDude.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
TVZ. Wait a minute...I thought that was when you were travelling the world developing oil fields...while at the same time serving in the Marines...while at the same time etc. Now I understand, you were also squeezing in high school coaching winning national prep championships. One busy dudette there FakeTexasDude.

I have been around the game my entire life....
Never worked in the oil fields.
I refine the crude oil. Very different business.
When oil prices are low we make money.

And where is your refinery there FakeTexasDude.

Right now I am under contract with Shell Philippines a subsidiary of the Royal Dutch Shell Oil Company.
I go back in February to finish my contract at the Tabangao Refinery there.

Then maybe I retire or I go back to work for ExxonMobil and work the 50+ hours a week until I have no use for work anymore .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT