ADVERTISEMENT

Too much talk about an incident at VMI that happened 25

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
ago on the board! You delusional and misguided Cousins need to concentrate on JMU not VMI, we'll take care of the Keydets! But you boys are ripe for JMU to further expose you!

ago on the board! You delusional and misguided Cousins need to concentrate on JMU not VMI, we'll take care of the Keydets! But you boys are ripe for JMU to further expose you!
coleyagsrifle.is the one who is living in the past..but that's probably all he's got to hang on to....miserable people like to try to make other people miserable too...I've got a 5 spot that says we beat JMU.....if you all don't hang 50 on VMI I'll be surprised....now who REALLY is misguided and delusional?

coleyagsrifle.is the one who is living in the past..but that's probably all he's got to hang on to....miserable people like to try to make other people miserable too...I've got a 5 spot that says we beat JMU.....if you all don't hang 50 on VMI I'll be surprised....now who REALLY is misguided and delusional?
Probably won't score 50 as it's hard not to respect VMI and what they stand for, Doc won't " run up the score". MU might throw two passes in the 2nd half and none in the 4th quarter. But the Dukes are a different matter, I 'd be a little concerned.

Probably won't score 50 as it's hard not to respect VMI and what they stand for, Doc won't " run up the score". MU might throw two passes in the 2nd half and none in the 4th quarter. But the Dukes are a different matter, I 'd be a little concerned.
they have NO defense against the run....none...you may not have throw at all....those are fine young men at VMI but football ain't what they are there for....no mops and props will be found in Lexington

they have NO defense against the run....none...you may not have throw at all....those are fine young men at VMI but football ain't what they are there for....no mops and props will be found in Lexington
...and no gimme MBA's either! I look for Doc to just run off tackle a lot in the 4th. We'll do our best to keep the score down, I think I saw where VMI is going to renew the VPI series next year or the year after. Tough games 60 years ago!

...and no gimme MBA's either! I look for Doc to just run off tackle a lot in the 4th. We'll do our best to keep the score down, I think I saw where VMI is going to renew the VPI series next year or the year after. Tough games 60 years ago!

WVU also played VMI a few times in the past, like nearly 50 years ago, and like the Herd they never found a way to beat the EERs.

https://atr.cfrc.com/index.php?r=teams/opponent&name=west-virginia&opponent=vmi

We've upped our strength of schedule considerably since the last time we played the Keydets. Maybe some day Marshall upgrade their schedule too.

watched them beat the chokies and uva in the 80's...their last winning or 500 season

their defensive linemen would be safeties anywhere else......but they WILL get after you...they are just outmanned
True, not a lot of quit in those boys! But not a lot of football talent either, they really need to drop down to Division III football but to proud an institution to do that.

Yes, we did face Geno and Pat but didn't get the opportunity against the Neds you've run out under Center since then!

It's always "if only you didn't have White or Geno", "but if not for this or that" from the Marshall camp regarding their failed attempts at beating WVU. You know what they say about if a frog had wings......... Some of the best Herd teams couldn't manage a win against even WVU's most mediocre teams, so why not just admit that WVU is, always has been, and always will be the premier football progam in the state instead of making excuses for being 0 fer 12 against us?

It's always "if only you didn't have White or Geno", "but if not for this or that" from the Marshall camp regarding their failed attempts at beating WVU. You know what they say about if a frog had wings......... Some of the best Herd teams couldn't manage a win against even WVU's most mediocre teams, so why not just admit that WVU is, always has been, and always will be the premier football progam in the state instead of making excuses for being 0 fer 12 against us?
...every game stars 0-0 but you boys know that!

True, but the scoreboard that tells the tale is when the game ends, not when it began, and so far in all 12 of our meetings the scoreboard has favored WVU.
they would probably still be playing if certain people had kept their dicks out of their mouths and shut up when they should have.....of course the down side for the herdies is 0-12 would be 0-18 or 20 by now....:football::basketball::baseball::golf:...pick your sport......owned

Reactions: old buzzard
True, but the scoreboard that tells the tale is when the game ends, not when it began, and so far in all 12 of our meetings the scoreboard has favored WVU.
...but you can't carry the score over,bro! You also can't lose if you don't play!

they would probably still be playing if certain people had kept their dicks out of their mouths and shut up when they should have.....of course the down side for the herdies is 0-12 would be 0-18 or 20 by now....:football::basketball::baseball::golf:...pick your sport......owned
Whaaaaa, I'll take my ball and go home to mom!

...but you can't carry the score over,bro! You also can't lose if you don't play!

I think the game has been played enough times to determine which team is better. 0 fer 12 says it all. Marshall has finally begun to accept their place in big boy football - and this years schedule with exactly ZERO P-5's on it is proof of that.

I think the game has been played enough times to determine which team is better. 0 fer 12 says it all. Marshall has finally begun to accept their place in big boy football - and this years schedule with exactly ZERO P-5's on it is proof of that.
I guess the Union Army should have quit after Fredricksburg! Just because you won today....doesn't insure victory for tomorrow!

I guess the Union Army should have quit after Fredricksburg! Just because you won today....doesn't insure victory for tomorrow!

But someday you have to admit like Santa Anna did in the fight for Texas, who the odds are in favor of and give up the fight when you realize just who's got the superior forces.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
Didn't we play MU in the 2018 NCAA Tourney? How'd that end up?
....and how did your 2019 WVU team end up? You can't just keep the same players and roll over the score, every game is a new roll of the dice!

....and how did your 2019 WVU team end up? You can't just keep the same players and roll over the score, every game is a new roll of the dice!

2019 was bad, but according to you, shouldn't you move on to 2020? 2019 is over.

The D'Antoni Doctrine in the 2018 WVU game looked like the 1980 Operation Eagle Claw. Started out OK, but then things turned ugly.

2019 was bad, but according to you, shouldn't you move on to 2020? 2019 is over.

The D'Antoni Doctrine in the 2018 WVU game looked like the 1980 Operation Eagle Claw. Started out OK, but then things turned ugly.
True, who knows who would prevail in 2020! The fact that you gutted us in 2018 would have no impact on a game played this season. The fact that you surrendered 109 to CCU would not either.

True, who knows who would prevail in 2020! The fact that you gutted us in 2018 would have no impact on a game played this season. The fact that you surrendered 109 to CCU would not either.

Ain't gonna happen..............we're too "skeert" of everything Marshall.[roll]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT