ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Gibson is winning these games...not Dana

Of course I agree with how it was handled. We tried to save his redshirt the best we could but injuries prohibited that

We had no choice. Meanwhile, 9-2

#dyinofthebutthurt

When we went weeks with not one truly healthy RB. WEEKS. You didn't think that was the time?
I don't have the issue with burning the redshirt....against OKSt or OK or hell even against Texas when McKoy was dying out there.

Iowa State?!? Really?

I know you won't admit you're wrong....but this was the dumbest decision case of redshirt management I've ever seen.

I'll tell you what...I'll use an example in a sport you actually know something about. As much as I loved Belein as a coach....this is exactly as bad as how he handled Joe Alexander in 05-06. What bailed him out is that Joe wouldn't have played out his entire possible eligibility anyhow (even though his NBA career would have lasted longer if he had).

lol meantime our running game has never suffered in any of those games you mentioned

And we are 9-2, and playing a freshman RB would not have changed that one bit

I win..

we would have had a lot better chance against OKSt if Petteway would have played.

You play your best players if you take winning seriously. He would have been our best runner than game since the other guys were hurt.

Stick to Basketball.

When we went weeks with not one truly healthy RB. WEEKS. You didn't think that was the time?
I don't have the issue with burning the redshirt....against OKSt or OK or hell even against Texas when McKoy was dying out there.

Iowa State?!? Really?

I know you won't admit you're wrong....but this was the dumbest decision case of redshirt management I've ever seen.

I'll tell you what...I'll use an example in a sport you actually know something about. As much as I loved Belein as a coach....this is exactly as bad as how he handled Joe Alexander in 05-06. What bailed him out is that Joe wouldn't have played out his entire possible eligibility anyhow (even though his NBA career would have lasted longer if he had).

The problem is we only have one Head Coach. We really need two Head Coaches.

Eww said so definitely! lol!

Meanwhile, we had a full stable of backs for OSU and ran the ball just fine (200+ yards)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400869621

He wouldn't have seen the field

Look at the injury report while you were at it. They both ran well, but they were both less than 100%, which is why he had to throw the ball 39 times against them. Look at our best games. Skyler is throwing in the 20s to low 30s. Push him into the high 30s-40s and we do worse because that is not how our offense does best with Howard at QB.

While Petteway wouldn't have started, he would have been the guy in the second half when McKoy and Crawford were obviously hobbling out there.

The obvious exception is OU, which was lost on too many levels to count.

Again, stick to basketball.

We averaged over 5 yards a carry vs OSU. We threw the call 39 times because we were playing from behind due to TOs

You lose.

Look at the injury report while you were at it. They both ran well, but they were both less than 100%, which is why he had to throw the ball 39 times against them. Look at our best games. Skyler is throwing in the 20s to low 30s. Push him into the high 30s-40s and we do worse because that is not how our offense does best with Howard at QB.

While Petteway wouldn't have started, he would have been the guy in the second half when McKoy and Crawford were obviously hobbling out there.

The more I think about it, I really think we need 3 Head Coaches.....triple coach.

We were throwing the ball because we were in the shit from the start....that wouldn't have changed with a different RB rotation.

Now....triple coaches, what's your take?

Eww said so definitely! lol!

Meanwhile, we had a full stable of backs for OSU and ran the ball just fine (200+ yards)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400869621

He wouldn't have seen the field
The problem is we only have one Head Coach. We really need two Head Coaches.

Or one coach who doesn't hold out our best chance of winning against OKSt only to burn his redshirt against Iowa friggin State

We averaged over 5 yards a carry vs OSU. We threw the call 39 times because we were playing from behind due to TOs

You lose.

Why the turnovers? Howard.

It was because he was throwing when we normally would be running...if our guys were 100%

Quit while you're behind

Our pass run balance at OSU was nearly a perfect 50/50....... just like the last 3 seasons

But your dumbass thinks adding a 4th RB was going to make Holgorsen call more run plays..... when we were already averaging over 5 yards a run

Moronic

I still don't think you burn the kids redshirt for a 3-8 team. Crest spent some time at running back. Still have Wellman and Ferns, right?Howard could have carried a few more times to help. Heck throw Durante in there for 5 or so runs and see how it goes. Maybe his speed would be a game breaker at running back. Get creative with the talent that's available and make sure that those options aren't viable before burning the redshirt.

I still don't think you burn the kids redshirt for a 3-8 team. Crest spent some time at running back. Still have Wellman and Ferns, right?Howard could have carried a few more times to help. Heck throw Durante in there for 5 or so runs and see how it goes. Maybe his speed would be a game breaker at running back. Get creative with the talent that's available and make sure that those options aren't viable before burning the redshirt.
We don't win the game without him. There are no long passes downfield without a running game.

So a safety, a FB, a TE, and a backup WR were going to suddenly become RBs

Good work. Well thought out

Anyone ever stop and think "Hey, I wonder if Dana asked Pettaway what he wanted to do?" Just like with Sills last season

Meanwhile, in a game where we were running the hall just fine (5+ yards a carry) Steeleer in his infinite butthurt thinks had Dana used a 4th RB....... we'd have won...... despite 3 TOs

I agree. But why burn it when the B12 title is off the table? We needed him weeks ago
giphy.gif

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER

Rushing 622
Passing 429

Are you an accountant? I sure as hell hope not.

So a safety, a FB, a TE, and a backup WR were going to suddenly become RBs

Good work. Well thought out
Well, since you asked, that safety was a qb returning punts, and also a running back at one point but I guess Dana had a better thought process than I did in my idea. I mean who has ever had the balls to throw a speedy wr in at tailback and ever see it work? Oh wait... against ISU, damn right those suggestions should be successful enough to win.

Meanwhile, in a game where we were running the hall just fine (5+ yards a carry) Steeleer in his infinite butthurt thinks had Dana used a 4th RB....... we'd have won...... despite 3 TOs

Because our 4th RB was 1000x healthier than our first three and would have taken the pressure off of Howard.

Why did Shell only have 7 runs that game?

Well, since you asked, that safety was a qb returning punts, and also a running back at one point but I guess Dana had a better thought process than I did in my idea. I mean who has ever had the balls to throw a speedy wr in at tailback and ever see it work? Oh wait... against ISU, damn right those suggestions should be successful enough to win.

You look foolish. Crest moved BACK to QB after failing at RB....... Durante is no Tavon Austin so just stop.....

Because our 4th RB was 1000x healthier than our first three and would have taken the pressure off of Howard.

Why did Shell only have 7 runs that game?

Health had nothing to do with it..... we averaged more than enough yards per carry.... adding another RB wasn't going to change that or make Dana call more run plays. We were playing from behind and we had to make plays through the air to come back

You are wrong. Own it

Health had nothing to do with it..... we averaged more than enough yards per carry.... adding another RB wasn't going to change that or make Dana call more run plays. We were playing from behind and we had to make plays through the air to come back

You are wrong. Own it

So you're saying Shell wasn't hurt...or was he only "50%" healthy. By your math...he'd be dead.

Do you even know a football is oval?

I think I'd rather enjoy you statistically proving that defenses in separate years compare. Especially while avoiding the fact that it also takes offense and special teams to play a game of football. The fault in the path that you are trying to go down with me right now is suggesting that Iowa State's team is as good as the Oklahoma team that eekd one out on us with Tavon at running back. Good luck.

So you're saying Shell wasn't hurt...or was he only "50%" healthy. By you're math...he'd be dead.

Do you even know a football is oval?

I know that WVU averaged 5+ yards a carry in the game that you somehow think adding a true freshman to the rotation was going to change that for the better.......

Fix yourself

I think I'd rather enjoy you statistically proving that defenses in separate years compare. Especially while avoiding the fact that it also takes offense and special teams to play a game of football. The fault in the path that you are trying to go down with me right now is suggesting that Iowa State's team is as good as the Oklahoma team that eekd one out on us with Tavon at running back. Good luck.

Watch it....Keaton's guud wit dem numuricils.

LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT