ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Crean says get Huggs in the HOF soon

I truly believe “The HOF” discussion is there just to keep The HOF relevant. It’s really a favorite club that has nothing to do with achievements.

Case in point
Dick Vitale yes
Bob Huggins no

oh yeah that makes sense. What is there a 600+ win advantage for Huggins? And don’t give me this contribution crap factor, it shouldn’t be like tball where everyone gets to bat.

And you can make comparisons similar to that (although not quite that drastic) in every sport?

Reactions: mneilmont
Only six active coaches have been inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame: Bill Self, Jim Boeheim, John Calipari, Mike Krzyzewski, Roy Williams and Tom Izzo. All 6 have have cheated at some point in their careers and were part of this past FBI investigation. Perhaps Huggins should cheat.

Huggins will either need to win a title or wait until he retires.

Only six active coaches have been inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame: Bill Self, Jim Boeheim, John Calipari, Mike Krzyzewski, Roy Williams and Tom Izzo. All 6 have have cheated at some point in their careers and were part of this past FBI investigation. Perhaps Huggins should cheat.

Huggins will either need to win a title or wait until he retires.
How many of them has Huggins coached against? How many has he beaten?

How many of them has Huggins coached against? How many has he beaten?

All of them. Exception of Roy Williams and Tom Izzo. Couldn't find anywhere that these 2 have faced a Bob Huggins team.

Last edited:
I truly believe “The HOF” discussion is there just to keep The HOF relevant. It’s really a favorite club that has nothing to do with achievements.

Case in point
Dick Vitale yes
Bob Huggins no

oh yeah that makes sense. What is there a 600+ win advantage for Huggins? And don’t give me this contribution crap factor, it shouldn’t be like tball where everyone gets to bat.

And you can make comparisons similar to that (although not quite that drastic) in every sport?
Huggs has always belonged since middle of Cin career.

Huggs has always belonged since middle of Cin career.

College is so much more subjective than Pros....i dont think mid-cincy career is HOF worthy. Without a title you are waiting until after you retire.

Probably the most successful coach without a title.

ADVERTISEMENT