ADVERTISEMENT

This years Baylor team

WV_FAN

All-Conference
Aug 1, 2001
is really just better than us to be honest. Not saying that to be negative just after watching the 3rd game it has become apparent that what we do to beat teams doesn't work against them. They are able to easily break our press and they turn us over more than we turn them over and if that happens we are going to lose the majority of the time. This game was close today because we were draining 3s like crazy but just played really sloppy the last several minutes of the game and had a bunch of turnovers. Just like in the Kansas game we maybe pull this game out if Brown/Staten are able to play. In my opinion Baylor is the best team in the Big 12 right now and I think they win the tournament. They have a good inside/outside game although they were off from 3 today. I'm not really that disappointed as we kept it close but just couldn't hold on for a win.

Most teams aren't able to figure out our press so easily and they won't have had 3 games to figure it out. I definitely think we can win a game or two in the Big Dance.

Also, another thing I wanted to note is how well Devin Williams has been playing the last few games. There was some talk recently of Macon starting over DW next year. Not going to happen. Right now they are on 2 different levels of play. Don't get me wrong Macon can be very good and will improve with experience but I think DW is first or second team Big12 next year. They were running the offense through him today and he was doing a really good job of distributing the ball. I really like how he is getting better at scoring inside (even against Gathers) and his jump shot from around the foul line has been money lately. His FT shooting has been really good the last couple games as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News