ADVERTISEMENT

This sounds eeirly like WVU fans

Michigan Fans Used to Want John Beilein Fired and Now They Don’t.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2018/3/31/17177732/michigan-basketball-fire-john-beilein-ncaa-tournament-march-madness-ann-arbor-torch-and-pitchfork

Not the right man to lead the program, some said.

Can’t develop talent, others said.

Isn’t able to reign in the big recruits either, another contingent screamed.
He's at Michigan and he's a very good coach. Having success there should be expected. But I don't see it as being remotely similar to WVU, although I fully understand what you're getting at

He's at Michigan and he's a very good coach. Having success there should be expected. But I don't see it as being remotely similar to WVU, although I fully understand what you're getting at

I think a lot of fans blast away at coaching staffs after every loss or tough stretch. Typical but gets annoying. Happens on here but seems to be the same few posters.

That number 7 seed was a Texas am team that beat us.

In game 1 of the season. Not game 35.

Houston makes their foul shots at the end and then guards the half court instead of letting the player drive straight down the middle and kick it to a 3 point shooter for the win, then Michigan would not be in the final.

Houston makes their foul shots at the end and then guards the half court instead of letting the player drive straight down the middle and kick it to a 3 point shooter for the win, then Michigan would not be in the final.
Who cares when it happened a win is a win. You beat the teams in front of you that's all you can do. Stop trying to dimish accomplishments. It isn't any different than saying you beat a 12 and 13 seed to make it the sweet 16.

Who cares when it happened a win is a win. You beat the teams in front of you that's all you can do. Stop trying to dimish accomplishments. It isn't any different than saying you beat a 12 and 13 seed to make it the sweet 16.

Yes a win is a win. But Game 35 is game 35 not game 1. WVU improved since that game and Texas A&M had multiple injuries throughout the year. If you saw Michigan, and I did see them, early on you would make the statement no way this team could make the finals. Teams improve during the year. Diminish that.

Reactions: Phil
Yes a win is a win. But Game 35 is game 35 not game 1. WVU improved since that game and Texas A&M had multiple injuries throughout the year. If you saw Michigan, and I did see them, early on you would make the statement no way this team could make the finals. Teams improve during the year. Diminish that.
Allen there is no telling what would happen if WVU played Texas am today but what does it matter? Some people are butt hurt that Michigan made the final. They beat the teams in front of them. Texas Am was a solid team like it or not. I'm sure there is some butt Hurt Temple fan in philly telling the world that Nova'a beaten no one. Hell they,ve beaten 5 teams by double digits. So dimish that.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Allen there is no telling what would happen if WVU played Texas am today but what does it matter? Some people are butt hurt that Michigan made the final. They beat the teams in front of them. Texas Am was a solid team like it or not. I'm sure there is some butt Hurt Temple fan in philly telling the world that Nova'a beaten no one. Hell they,ve beaten 5 teams by double digits. So dimish that.

Michigan has not beaten 5 teams by double digits. Nova on the other hand has. If the score get's into the 70's Monday night then Michigan will be Novas 6th straight blowout.

Michigan has not beaten 5 teams by double digits. Nova on the other hand has. If the score get's into the 70's Monday night then Michigan will be Novas 6th straight blowout.
Yes michigan has not beaten 5 teams by double digits and Nova has. But people seem to be fixated on michigans path to the Final. Why not Nova's? The nova haters can say who have they played. Do they not have a case?

Blah, blah, blah...

Texas A&M 88, WVU 65
Michigan 99, Texas A&M 72

I think it has as much to do with Beilein taking a 2nd trip in 6 years to a place Huggins has never been. And trying to justify that.

Blah, blah, blah...

Texas A&M 88, WVU 65
Michigan 99, Texas A&M 72

In all fairness, would you have said "blah, blah, blah" to VT 35, OSU 21 and ECU 28, VT 21 in the 2014 football season? I think not and I wouldn't fault you for it either. OSU was a good team and did improve throughout the year while VT was exposed as average at best. I think Allen has a point in that Michigan, Texas A&M, and WVU were different teams from November of 2017 to March of 2018. Michigan can still win it all, its the nature of the beast in college basketball. However, I doubt if Michigan had to go through WVU, Texas Tech, and Kansas that they would be in the championship game. Where as Villanova, Texas Tech, Perdue, Duke, and Kansas would be very likely to make the finals if they had to go through Texas A&M, Florida State, and Loyola-Chicago. Hell Texas A&M is the best team Michigan has had to face the entire tournament so far. I know you only play the teams in front of you, but there is no doubt that any team on the left side of the bracket after the first 2 rounds had a cake walk to the finals compared to the right side of the bracket.

Yes, Bell, Ohio State was a different team in by the end of the 2014-15 football season, and proved it by winning the National Championship. In fact, Ohio State had a different quarterback in the post season than it had when it lost to Virginia Tech. Similarly, Texas A&M was missing a projected first round pick and big man (Robert Williams), who just declared for the NBA Draft, when it played WVU to start the season, but had him in the Lineup vs. Michigan. Oh, wait, this doesn't support your excuse, does it? You're r e a c h i n g, and comparing apples to oranges.

In all fairness, would you have said "blah, blah, blah" to VT 35, OSU 21 and ECU 28, VT 21 in the 2014 football season? I think not and I wouldn't fault you for it either. OSU was a good team and did improve throughout the year while VT was exposed as average at best. I think Allen has a point in that Michigan, Texas A&M, and WVU were different teams from November of 2017 to March of 2018. Michigan can still win it all, its the nature of the beast in college basketball. However, I doubt if Michigan had to go through WVU, Texas Tech, and Kansas that they would be in the championship game. Where as Villanova, Texas Tech, Perdue, Duke, and Kansas would be very likely to make the finals if they had to go through Texas A&M, Florida State, and Loyola-Chicago. Hell Texas A&M is the best team Michigan has had to face the entire tournament so far. I know you only play the teams in front of you, but there is no doubt that any team on the left side of the bracket after the first 2 rounds had a cake walk to the finals compared to the right side of the bracket.
People are just butt hurt that our former coach is playing for the title.

Yes, Bell, Ohio State was a different team in by the end of the 2014-15 football season, and proved it by winning the National Championship. In fact, Ohio State had a different quarterback in the post season than it had when it lost to Virginia Tech. Similarly, Texas A&M was missing a projected first round pick and big man (Robert Williams), who just declared for the NBA Draft, when it played WVU to start the season, but had him in the Lineup vs. Michigan. Oh, wait, this doesn't support your excuse, does it? You're r e a c h i n g, and comparing apples to oranges.

When they got this big man back, did they improve? I know WVU was missing Esa Ahmad in that Texas A&M game, but recognize that his return didn't actually translate to an improved WVU basketball team. Seems Texas A&M flagged in the middle of SEC play the same as WVU did in Big 12 play. I know the Aggies have great athletes and think they could beat WVU in March as well because it's a bad match-up for the Mountaineers. I disagree with your apples-oranges comparison and think it's more comparable than you say. No one is saying Michigan isn't good. I'm just disagreeing with saying that team 1 crushed team 2 and team 3 crushed team 1, therefore team 3 is lightyears ahead of team 2. I also think it's obvious that in comparison to Villanova, Michigan had a breeze schedule to the Finals after making the Sweet 16 the same way WVU had a breeze schedule from the start of the tournament to making the Sweet 16.

Reactions: Phil

Michigan is going for a Natty tomorrow no matter how slice or dice it. I say root hard for them. I get OSU going Nova. But Nova turned the Big12 into their bitch so I would think anti Nova is the play for WVU fans.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Michigan is going for a Natty tomorrow no matter how slice or dice it. I say root hard for them. I get OSU going Nova. But Nova turned the Big12 into their bitch so I would think anti Nova is the play for WVU fans.

Another perspective would be to pull for Villanova so that it looks like WVU lost to a team of destiny that handily beat every team they faced in the tournament.

When they got this big man back, did they improve? I know WVU was missing Esa Ahmad in that Texas A&M game, but recognize that his return didn't actually translate to an improved WVU basketball team. Seems Texas A&M flagged in the middle of SEC play the same as WVU did in Big 12 play. I know the Aggies have great athletes and think they could beat WVU in March as well because it's a bad match-up for the Mountaineers. I disagree with your apples-oranges comparison and think it's more comparable than you say. No one is saying Michigan isn't good. I'm just disagreeing with saying that team 1 crushed team 2 and team 3 crushed team 1, therefore team 3 is lightyears ahead of team 2. I also think it's obvious that in comparison to Villanova, Michigan had a breeze schedule to the Finals after making the Sweet 16 the same way WVU had a breeze schedule from the start of the tournament to making the Sweet 16.
A&M had drug suspensions during the season and several of them.

Personally I'm cheering for Nova. I'm not a Michigan fan. Before you can say it. This has nothing to do with Beilein.

If Michigan can keep Nova to 75 and under they have a shot. If it's 75 and above Nova wins.

Face facts

WVU could have Saban as HC, Jimbo as OC, Belichik as DC, Calipari, Self and Brad Stevens running hoops and they would still bitch...

I know several WVU fans who root for Michigan simply because they hate Ohio State.

Fan bases are fickle. Ohio State leads the world in that department. Michigan is probably #2

Truth is all fan bases are fickle when they lose a key game or consecutive games they feel they should have one. With Ohio State and Michigan. When they are NOT winning the national championship their first suggestion is fire the current coach. This started after the Woody vs Bo era at those schools.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
I don't see many suggestions to fire Urban Meyer, who has won one National Title since he arrived in Columbus in 2012, lefttackle70. Likewise, Jim Harbaugh, who hasn't won much of anything since having arrived in Ann Arbor a few seasons ago, isn't in any danger of being fired. This isn't 1980.

Let Urban Meyer go 9-3 three years like Earl Bruce did ... and he WILL be fired...
No danger of that now... with the cuppies OSU lines up in their OOC schedule.

And if Harbaugh wasn't a michigan man... he would have already been gone.... RR found that out in NY minute.

Yeah, Oklahoma was a cupcake last season, and the season before. Further, playing TCU in Dallas is like playing Youngstown State at home. Texas & Notre Dame are on tOSU's future schedules in the same seasons, but hey, WVU has to play juggernaut Tennessee, which, like Missouri a couple of years ago, canned its head coach just before playing WVU.

I notice you avoided the 15 schedule of Hawiiiiie ... and TWO MAC teams...
Real Power houses... but you did beat em... good work Urban!
BTW... how did the Sooner game work out for you guys... Baker "Stuck" it to ya?
Hahaha

I guess you missed Ohio State's complete destruction of Chokelahoma in Norman in 2016, huh? As a WVU fan, you really don't want to discuss Oklahoma, do you?

I guess you missed Ohio State's complete destruction of Chokelahoma in Norman in 2016, huh? As a WVU fan, you really don't want to discuss Oklahoma, do you?

Oh I don't mind discussing OU. We play in the Big 12. We HAVE to play great teams in our league every year. But hey... we've won in Norman... we also beat em with our special teams coach in a Fiesta Bowl...
... who's counting.. Indiana, Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland... ??

WVU is 0 for forever vs. Oklahoma since joining the Big 12, but thanks for the misinformation, Tackle. Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State...Kansas, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Baylor....

Oh I don't mind discussing OU. We play in the Big 12. We HAVE to play great teams in our league every year. But hey... we've won in Norman... we also beat em with our special teams coach in a Fiesta Bowl...
... who's counting.. Indiana, Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland... ??
Leftackle, the Big 10 always has an overrated sense of self worth. One national champ in the last 15 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT