ADVERTISEMENT

This is why the dems can't get out of the own way......

Original Mountaineer1

Heisman Winner
Aug 27, 2001
Michael Moore, Bernie Sanders, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) participated in a live-streamed "Inequality in America" town hall in Washington, D.C., where they talked about poverty, the rise of oligarchy, and income inequality.

Why???? Why would any dem align themselves with Moore???????

Michael Moore, Bernie Sanders, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) participated in a live-streamed "Inequality in America" town hall in Washington, D.C., where they talked about poverty, the rise of oligarchy, and income inequality.

3 Bigly wealthy individuals lecturing us on income inequality..... :confused:

Net worth is 55 million. Moore eats that in big macs in a month. And two lying politicians.

I'd like to know how they plan to erase income inequality?

I'd like to know how they plan to erase income inequality?

I could write all day on this topic. Personally, I fault corporate boards for inflating salaries of C-suite officers. I would never criticize a business owner for cashing in. I do have a problem with corporate boards approving ridiculous salaries and bonuses for corporate officers.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
I could write all day on this topic. Personally, I fault corporate boards for inflating salaries of C-suite officers. I would never criticize a business owner for cashing in. I do have a problem with corporate boards approving ridiculous salaries and bonuses for corporate officers.
For ex., he should probably go to jail but no, let's give him a raise.
Despite woes, Wells Fargo gives CEO Sloan $4.6 million raise
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/14/des...-gives-ceo-sloan-4-point-6-million-raise.html

I don't see why whatever a corporate board privately decides to compensate its management is of any concern of yours (unless you are a shareholder) or the Government?

giphy.gif

Hahahahaha

Yea, I mean why would anyone get paid a “ridiculous” salary and bonus for successfully managing 1000s of employees, implementing corporate strategy for the financial benefit of 1000s of shareholders, and growing business. It’s something any midlevel manager in abundant supply of could do if given the opportunity.

Reactions: atlkvb
Hahahahaha

Yea, I mean why would anyone get paid a “ridiculous” salary and bonus for successfully managing 1000s of employees, implementing corporate strategy for the financial benefit of 1000s of shareholders, and growing business. It’s something any midlevel manager in abundant supply of could do if given the opportunity.

Did Bernie or Pocahontas ever detail how their plans would erase income inequality?

Did anyone catch what their proposals to fix it are?

No idea. I don’t listen to absolute fvcking morons try to discuss economics.

I'd just like for someone on the Left to explain to the board what's the "equal income" they think everyone should earn and what's the Left's plan to make it work that we should all sign onto?

OK...since I can't get any of our "true believer" Leftists who are devoted to income redistribution to explain how we solve the problem of "income inequality" I'll offer a proposal and see how many of you Leftists disagree with it?

To begin I think all Leftists ought to advocate a "living wage"...that is; nothing below this figure as a "minimum wage" for all labor. Let's just say that's 15.00 an hour. That's 600.00 a week, approximately 31,200 a year. Doesn't matter if you're flipping burgers, or cleaning toilets. Everyone gets at least 15.00 an hour no matter how menial the job.

Next I think you Leftists ought to mandate a Government enforced "wage tier" for all work performed. Make it 3 tiers. Tier 1 could be your living wage mentioned above. Tier 2 could be your "sustaining wage" anything from 31,200 up to about 75,000. Tier 3 could be the "comfort wage". That could be anything from 75K up to around half a million.

If you really need more than 500,000 a year to live comfortably you're simply being "greedy" and you need to dial it back some so others can have more.

The Government would regulate all of these "tiers" to make sure no one person gets too rich, and no one person who works needs to be poor. It's the perfect "income distribution" scheme because it eliminates the uber wealthy as well as the desperately poor.

Anyone intelligent enough to make more than 500,000 a year can simply sign over their excess to the Government, which will then use it to fund such worthwhile things as health care, housing, food assistance, education, retirement insurance, automobiles, furniture, or anything else people want who can't afford nicer things but might need a little help paying for it.

It would stimulate the economy because everyone would have money to spend, no one would get sick because everyone would have health care and if they did have it they'd have the money to pay for it. It would reduce crime because even poor people @31K a year wouldn't need to steal to have nice things. Government would buy it for them if they still couldn't afford it on 31K! Nice huh?

So what do you Leftists think? This has all that you want. A "living wage" for all workers, equal incomes regardless of the work folks do (the tiers take care of that) Government running everything, regulating everything, making sure everyone has what they need and making sure no one has any more than they need.

"From each according to their ability...to each according to their needs"

Sound familiar to you Leftists? Good idea?

Last edited:
OK...since I can't get any of our "true believer" Leftists who are devoted to income redistribution to explain how we solve the problem of "income inequality" I'll offer a proposal and see how many of you Leftists disagree with it?

To begin I think all Leftists ought to advocate a "living wage"...that is; nothing below this figure as a "minimum wage" for all labor. Let's just say that's 15.00 an hour. That's 600.00 a week, approximately 31,200 a year. Doesn't matter if you're flipping burgers, or cleaning toilets. Everyone gets at least 15.00 an hour no matter how menial the job.

Next I think you Leftists ought to mandate a Government enforced "wage tier" for all work performed. Make it 3 tiers. Tier 1 could be your living wage mentioned above. Tier 2 could be your "sustaining wage" anything from 31,200 up to about 75,000. Tier 3 could be the "comfort wage". That could be anything from 75K up to around half a million.

If you really need more than 500,000 a year to live comfortably you're simply being "greedy" and you need to dial it back some so others can have more.

The Government would regulate all of these "tiers" to make sure no one person gets too rich, and no one person who works needs to be poor. It's the perfect "income distribution" scheme because it eliminates the uber wealthy as well as the desperately poor.

Anyone intelligent enough to make more than 500,000 a year can simply sign over their excess to the Government, which will then use it to fund such worthwhile things as health care, housing, food assistance, education, retirement insurance, automobiles, furniture, or anything else people want who can't afford nicer things but might need a little help paying for it.

It would stimulate the economy because everyone would have money to spend, no one would get sick because everyone would have health and if they did have it they'd have the money to pay for it. It would reduce crime because even poor people @31K a year wouldn't need to steal to have nice things. Government would buy it for them if they still couldn't afford it! Nice huh?

So what do you Leftists think? This has all that you want. A "living wage" for all workers, equal incomes regardless of the work folks do (the tiers take care of that) Government running everything, regulating everything, making sure everyone has what they need and making sure no one has any more than they need.

Good idea?
My failed attached image is a strawman.
pDwCnV

My failed attached image is a strawman.
pDwCnV

I actually thought my proposal was a Leftist's "wet dream". So far I have not read any detailed opposition from the Left attacking my very worthwhile ideas to end "income inequality".

Last edited:
I actually thought my proposal was a Leftist's "wet dream". So far I have not read any detailed opposition from the Left attacking my very worthwhile proposal to end "income inequality".
That's not my idea of a good system. I understand management wanting to reward the share holders. I understand that they should be well compensated for successful business strategy. I think the piece missing is rewarding your employees in order to earn their loyalty. When execs get raises or bonuses for success, it would seem like a wise managerial move to pass some of that money to the worker bees too.

That's not my idea of a good system. I understand management wanting to reward the share holders. I understand that they should be well compensated for successful business strategy. I think the piece missing is rewarding your employees in order to earn their loyalty. When execs get raises or bonuses for success, it would seem like a wise managerial move to pass some of that money to the worker bees too.

Many on the Left would strenuously disagree with your analysis, and argue that is the precise reason we have such "unequal incomes". To them, no one is worth 4 million dollars a year. That's simply being "greedy" at the expense of the needy!

That cannot long be sustained in a fair and just Society...so we need Government to step in and make it right! (I'm arguing for the Leftists since none of them will argue for themselves)

Last edited:
Most companies do. Our organization begins the bonus plan at second level mid management. Granted, it’s only like $5k and you have to outperform your established performance metrics goals but it’s something. Directors are getting $20-50k bonuses. Execs are getting in some cases $100k or more in bonuses depending on their sales and NOP goals.

This lunatic mindset that these individuals aren’t earning it is propagated by people who’ve never A. Worked in industry or B. Never been at that level. It’s pretty easy to tell just by listening to them talk.

Most companies do. Our organization begins the bonus plan at second level mid management. Granted, it’s only like $5k and you have to outperform your established performance metrics goals but it’s something. Directors are getting $20-50k bonuses. Execs are getting in some cases $100k or more in bonuses depending on their sales and NOP goals.

This lunatic mindset that these individuals aren’t earning it is propagated by people who’ve never A. Worked in industry or B. Never been at that level. It’s pretty easy to tell just by listening to them talk.

Our's rewards all FTE's with a bonus program. High performers get more. This is a larger company, so I would guess most are doing this now.

You are insulting some very dedicated and well schooled Leftists talking such "unequal" drivel about compensation and wages. Don't you know everyone should be treated equal regardless of the work they do or their gender?

How are we ever going to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor doing what your company does? Why, it's un-American I tell 'ya!

No one should make more than anyone else or have anymore than anyone else. This is why we have such disparity in society. We're all equal...equal...equal they say!

Aren't they right DvlDog4WVU?

Our's rewards all FTE's with a bonus program. High performers get more. This is a larger company, so I would guess most are doing this now.

Same at my Dealership. There is a base salary that Salespeople can "draw" on when things get slow (hasn't happened in like 14 months) but you primarily are paid based on your sales commissions and the percentage above the Dealer floors we close deals on. You have an incentive to perform because you are directly compensated for increased performance.

I think that's the case in most "professional" occupations. I think that some things that are considered more manual labor type jobs don't see the same increases. I think that is partially due to the split in our society between blue and white collar. I've worked both sides of that. I realize that there is a big difference between a good laborer and just another guy. You want the goid ones to stick around.

ADVERTISEMENT