ADVERTISEMENT

This Happens

TampaBay-Eer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jun 12, 2022
Schools make mistakes on hires all the time. Look at what Tennessee went through for close to 15 years. Nebraska too. It happens. The truth of the matter is when it happens at schools such as ours we have to be much more disciplined in our approach. I agree with the approach of not canning a coach just to can a coach. You have to have some sort of belief you can land your top guy(s). It would be crazy to think the Administration hasn't planned for worse case scenarios since the end of '22. As the weekend nears and we get closer to Kansas, I find myself trusting Wren and everyone involved more.

It's important that when we move on, we're confident in a landing a suitable replacement. This isn't Tennessee or Nebraska or A&M where money is just thrown around to can a coach because everyone is upset. The typically doesn't work out well. It hasn't worked out well for those schools until recently for Tennessee and Nebraska.

As of right now, has this staff worked out? No. But there is a game Saturday and then two full months of the season left. As much as last Saturday sucked, this will play out. Everything I've gathered from here seems to indicate if the season finishes similar to 2022 or worse, we'll have a change. But the season is still long and its outcome is yet determined even if my confidence the rest of the way is quite low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.