ADVERTISEMENT

This football season is a write-off

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
Even if we win out (unlikely), we will end up in a minor bowl. I’d like to see us play the younger guys and treat the rest of the season more like summer/fall practice. Play each of the first 4 QBs a quarter. Don’t worry about winning or losing the game.

Even if we give maximum effort, I think the odds of us winning another game are pretty low. Too many injured starters, not enough talent in the backups. I don’t see next year looking much better. How many of our players with decent talent will enter the transfer portal looking to play for a successful program?

These past four years are a write off but WVU better move away from this debacle now. Honestly what other school would just sit back and allow the total destruction of their program indefinitely until it’s nothing as WVU has done?

Even if we win out (unlikely), we will end up in a minor bowl. I’d like to see us play the younger guys and treat the rest of the season more like summer/fall practice. Play each of the first 4 QBs a quarter. Don’t worry about winning or losing the game.

Even if we give maximum effort, I think the odds of us winning another game are pretty low. Too many injured starters, not enough talent in the backups. I don’t see next year looking much better. How many of our players with decent talent will enter the transfer portal looking to play for a successful program?
They haven't given maximum effort all year.

The numbers tell the catastrophic story:

Worst WVU career coaching record in 43 years.
4th worst in history!
17 other coaches did better at WVU with all the excuses that have been trotted out to excuse Neal Brown's performance.
Enough is enough! Get a coach before the coaching pool is diluted by other schools who switch sooner!

Yes we have seen numerous schools part ways with coaches that didn’t meet expectations, they aren’t buying the excuses tossed out in WV social media outlets at all.

You find it okay to openly criticize the coach and the program during the season which only hurts the team?

You sure tried to blame everyone for doing that to Holgersen your BFF.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
You find it okay to openly criticize the coach and the program during the season which only hurts the team?

You sure tried to blame everyone for doing that to Holgersen your BFF.
Let's see. Holgorsen WON at WVU. More games than anyone but hall of famer Nehlen. Had WVU ranked often. Steadily improved WVUs win % from its historical avg. of 7 wins per season to over 8 wins per season final four years. I simply post FACTS about his real record at WVU which posters like you attack for no reason.

Brown--loser in EVERY category for four years running at WVU. Worst coaching effort in 40 plus years. Losing conference record. Losing overall record. Losing record vs. winning programs. Losing record vs. FBS. And some of the worst rushing and receiving stats over those four seasons of ANY coach in the nation.

Even after a forced refurbishing of the offense, bringing in a well regarded O coordinator, and a 5 star QB and results are looking worse than ever.

You, defend endlessly one of the worst coaching efforts EVER at WVU. I, defend one of the winningest coaching efforts ever at WVU (and against the toughest schedules WVU had ever faced in the history of the program and a major conference switch too).

See the difference?

Let's see. Holgorsen WON at WVU. More games than anyone but hall of famer Nehlen. Had WVU ranked often. Steadily improved WVUs win % from its historical avg. of 7 wins per season to over 8 wins per season final four years. I simply post FACTS about his real record at WVU which posters like you attack for no reason.

Brown--loser in EVERY category for four years running at WVU. Worst coaching effort in 40 plus years. Losing conference record. Losing overall record. Losing record vs. winning programs. Losing record vs. FBS. And some of the worst rushing and receiving stats over those four seasons of ANY coach in the nation.

Even after a forced refurbishing of the offense, bringing in a well regarded O coordinator, and a 5 star QB and results are looking worse than ever.

You, defend endlessly one of the worst coaching efforts EVER at WVU. I, defend one of the winningest coaching efforts ever at WVU (and against the toughest schedules WVU had ever faced in the history of the program and a major conference switch too).

See the difference?

There you go again posting about your love for choking on man meat.

See the difference?
And you prove my point. You openly criticize the coach / program which only hurts the program.
Once again, show me where I’ve defended endlessly Neal Brown. Since I do it “endlessly”, it shouldn’t be hard to find.

And you prove my point. You openly criticize the coach / program which only hurts the program.
Once again, show me where I’ve defended endlessly Neal Brown. Since I do it “endlessly”, it shouldn’t be hard to find.
No you proved mine. You attempted to harm a winning coach at WVU and run him off. I discuss facts about the current losing one Whereas you just made sh!t up.

It’s not as though he will start winning if everyone plays make believe that they don’t see what a disaster he has been for WVU football.

Some of us want the situation changed before WVU becomes a long term loser like what KU had been as an example.

You obviously want to worship a coach and will use any lie or deflection to accomplish your goal. But in the end Brown has shown 0 ability to ever do anything different than just lose. He is what his record says he is.

No you proved mine. You attempted to harm a winning coach at WVU and run him off. I discuss facts about the current losing one Whereas you just made sh!t up.

It’s not as though he will start winning if everyone plays make believe that they don’t see what a disaster he has been for WVU football.

Some of us want the situation changed before WVU becomes a long term loser like what KU had been as an example.

You obviously want to worship a coach and will use any lie or deflection to accomplish your goal. But in the end Brown has shown 0 ability to ever do anything different than just lose. He is what his record says he is.
1. Care to show where & when I “harmed” Dana Holgersen.
2. Care to show where & when I worshipped Neal Brown.

Until you can back up your claims, I would say that you are the one making things up. You don’t get enough attention at home, do you.

Had WVU ranked often.
He finished ranked 3 times in his 8 years.
Won 10 games twice, 8 games twice, 7 games 3 times and 4-8 one time. He was 2-5 in bowl games and had 2 chances to win the Big 12 only to choke when Big wins were needed.

He was an average coach and did better than current coach.

NOW STFU.

When you eliminate all the blather Neal Brown has been a disaster for WVU. Period. Saying or thinking otherwise doesn't change that.

When you eliminate all the blather Neal Brown has been a disaster for WVU. Period. Saying or thinking otherwise doesn't change that.

No one is saying that. Most are just saying that Brown being an utter failure does not make Holgorsen a coach on the level of Nehlen, RR, or Bowden. Holgorsen left WVU for a better contract which WVU was 100% right not to match. The error was not the decision to move on from Holgorsen it was the decision of who was hired to succeed him.

No one is saying that. Most are just saying that Brown being an utter failure does not make Holgorsen a coach on the level of Nehlen, RR, or Bowden. Holgorsen left WVU for a better contract which WVU was 100% right not to match. The error was not the decision to move on from Holgorsen it was the decision of who was hired to succeed him.
I had high hopes for our coach when he was hired. He had done well at Troy. I am ready to move on and hope the next coach can return WVU to the level where we can finish in the top 25% of the Big12,

I had high hopes for our coach when he was hired. He had done well at Troy. I am ready to move on and hope the next coach can return WVU to the level where we can finish in the top 25% of the Big12,
In this new Big 12 WVU should never finish below 3rd place. In the OU - TEXAS BIG 12 they should have never finished below 4th.

Reactions: Tylerite
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT