ADVERTISEMENT

"They have an Alabama mouth and a Vanderbilt trophy case

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
that was said about South Carolina but I know another supposed "university" in meth town that the same saying could and does apply to.......scream about being the "new flagship" when all you have are old jv trophies from years gone WAY by....such is the life of jealous little brothers:joy:

Well, not everyone can be Glenville State
Glenville ALSO has more trophies than the stumbling herd....I've seen both trophy exhibits......AND they play a MUCH tougher schedule than the herd too....and that's the way it is this fine October day lil detroit

Glenville ALSO has more trophies than the stumbling herd....I've seen both trophy exhibits......AND they play a MUCH tougher schedule than the herd too....and that's the way it is this fine October day lil detroit
Glenville didn't have to pay its players $25/hour and give football player advance copies of tests, either...

Between Marshall and wvu, who has the most recent NCAA infractions?

Hmmm, let's see, practicing with Spider pads or paying players $25 an hour to sweep floors (when they didn't actually sweep floors) for no work and providing copies of tests? [laughing]

Hmmm, let's see, calling players to the coach's office and telling them how to lie or exceeding practice time? [laughing]

You walked right into that one.

Between Marshall and wvu, who has the most recent NCAA infractions?

LOL! Here's the big expensive RV banker has that costs more than someone's annual salary, LOL. We don't work at McDonald's. That's MooU graduates.

2banker.jpg

Spider pads, extra practice time, coaches working with players in excess of 20 hours per week, coaches working with players out of permissible times, lack of control.

You left out a few. Oh, and what we did does not impact on field performance. What you did does, i.e. competitive advantage.

Cuntry, I never commented on my bus, but you have to admit that you would love to have a wvu one. 14 seats, 42" TV with DirecTV, sound and light system. It has been a lot of fun this season.

Spider pads, extra practice time, coaches working with players in excess of 20 hours per week, coaches working with players out of permissible times, lack of control.

You left out a few. Oh, and what we did does not impact on field performance. What you did does, i.e. competitive advantage.

Cuntry, I never commented on my bus, but you have to admit that you would love to have a wvu one. 14 seats, 42" TV with DirecTV, sound and light system. It has been a lot of fun this season.

One of your "buddies" did the other day.

Good excuses for paying your players $25/hour and giving them advance copies of tests...

Oh, and what we did does not impact on field performance. What you did does, i.e. competitive advantage.

How exactly do you figure that?
Enticing players you wouldn't otherwise get with impermissible benefits doesn't impact on field performance? Then why did you do it?
Keeping players eligible through academic fraud doesn't impact on field performance? Then why did you do it?

Also, you were exposed, you didn't self-report ... that's a big ... HUGE difference in the circumstances.

And once you guys got caught you did it again. It went on under multiple coaches. You cheat across multiple sports. Your glass house should
Limit your comments on something that happened at Marshall 15 years ago. Are you guys still under probation or did it finally end this year.

And once you guys got caught you did it again.

I realize you guys have a fuzzy relationship with facts. We didn't get caught and then did it again, and it wasn't anything deliberate in the first place. Padded practices are limited in number, and the staff didn't realize that the spider pads were considered a padded practice. The recent one was also not deliberate, it was too many texts/phone calls because a system meant to track those things wasn't set up properly. And again it was something that was self reported and all violations were minor violations.

The NCAA rules are so complex that they expect schools to self-report a number of minor violations. They are actually suspicious of schools that don't.

Marshall's was blatant and deliberate ... the kind of shady shit that got you kicked out of the MAC and knocked down to 1-AA in the first place. It was also discovered and not self-reported and attempts were made to cover it up.

Very different circumstances.

And once you guys got caught you did it again. It went on under multiple coaches. You cheat across multiple sports. Your glass house should
Limit your comments on something that happened at Marshall 15 years ago. Are you guys still under probation or did it finally end this year.
Pull the string and an excuse comes out...

I realize you guys have a fuzzy relationship with facts. We didn't get caught and then did it again, and it wasn't anything deliberate in the first place. Padded practices are limited in number, and the staff didn't realize that the spider pads were considered a padded practice. The recent one was also not deliberate, it was too many texts/phone calls because a system meant to track those things wasn't set up properly. And again it was something that was self reported and all violations were minor violations.

The NCAA rules are so complex that they expect schools to self-report a number of minor violations. They are actually suspicious of schools that don't.

Marshall's was blatant and deliberate ... the kind of shady shit that got you kicked out of the MAC and knocked down to 1-AA in the first place. It was also discovered and not self-reported and attempts were made to cover it up.

Very different circumstances.
Don't forget that we used improperly sized envelopes too. That is WAY worse than paying your players way more than 99% of all Marshall grads get paid...

You're as senile as the day is long. The nurse needs to mix more crushed meds into your pudding tonight.

It's nicer than the studio apt Cuntry and MrsCuntry live in.

Obviously the NCAA disagreed with you since we got a slap in the wrist. Dont let the facts get in the way of a good lie.

Here are the facts:

You are currently on 2 years probation for recruiting violations in 14 sports, 4 were level II violations and 10 were level III (level II is more severe, football was level II). This was handed down in February 2015.

You were just coming off 2 years probation from a ruling handed down in 2011 for "major infractions" (NCAA's wording in their report) which included impermissible coaching with grad assistants, film coordinators and student managers coordinating practices outside of permitted times. Essentially, you violated the maximum number of coaches allowed, practice time restrictions, and coordination of summer practices which limits involvement to only the S&C staff. The illegal activity in the 2015 report occurred while you were on probation for these offenses. The whole spider pad thing was just an add on to these violations because you were dumb enough to post pictures (even on this website) of players in spider pads during the first days of camp.

So throwing the spider pad thing out is just a smokescreen. That's not what the 2011 violations were about.

Man the NCAA must have thought it was bad to hammer us like that. Are you guys off probation yet? Did the NCAA ban you from playing top 100 teams?

Here are the facts:

You are currently on 2 years probation for recruiting violations in 14 sports, 4 were level II violations and 10 were level III (level II is more severe, football was level II). This was handed down in February 2015.

You were just coming off 2 years probation from a ruling handed down in 2011 for "major infractions" (NCAA's wording in their report) which included impermissible coaching with grad assistants, film coordinators and student managers coordinating practices outside of permitted times. Essentially, you violated the maximum number of coaches allowed, practice time restrictions, and coordination of summer practices which limits involvement to only the S&C staff. The illegal activity in the 2015 report occurred while you were on probation for these offenses. The whole spider pad thing was just an add on to these violations because you were dumb enough to post pictures (even on this website) of players in spider pads during the first days of camp.

So throwing the spider pad thing out is just a smokescreen. That's not what the 2011 violations were about.

Your violations were so bad, they were a major contributing factor to Pruett stepping down. You accidentally stepped in a major pile of dogshit with this topic.

Well, we were put on probation in 2001, Pruett left after the 2004 season, so your timeline is a little fuzzy. Our program has been clean for the last 14 years. Yours, as documented by the ncaa, cheated every year from 2006 through at least 2013. That spans over three head coaches, two ADs and I believe 3 university presidents.

For the record, Pruett left because he had raised money for an IPF, but the President took that money and spent it on another project.

Well, we were put on probation in 2001, Pruett left after the 2004 season, so your timeline is a little fuzzy. Our program has been clean for the last 14 years. Yours, as documented by the ncaa, cheated every year from 2006 through at least 2013. That spans over three head coaches, two ADs and I believe 3 university presidents.

For the record, Pruett left because he had raised money for an IPF, but the President took that money and spent it on another project.
So Marshall sucks and they are not on probation?

Reactions: Mountain Mammal
Here are the facts:

Wall of excuses!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT