ADVERTISEMENT

They can fire Dana. But it's going to take a while to fix it. We're not close.

wvpaper

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2010
We have a veteran defense that needs to be rebuilt next year.

The offense needs to develop a QB. And given Dana's track record, we can safely assume a FBS level QB is not on the roster. Barring a miracle, by the time we have a decent QB we will need two RB's and a bunch of linemen.

You can add that given Dana's scheme is a abject failure when it's not loaded with NFL talent, we need a new scheme... a new scheme that current players may not fit.

We're looking at 6-7 wins for a few years, no matter how this shakes out.

You really think with a rebuilt defense, Dana as HC, Howard at QB, and byu, mizzou and normal big xii schedule that we will win 6 games?

I think the games against Mizzou and Byu are more winnable now they both will have new coaches and there is always a transition process when coaching changes are made. But the lack of not having a viable division 1 QB will cost us against the power teams we play

You really think with a rebuilt defense, Dana as HC, Howard at QB, and byu, mizzou and normal big xii schedule that we will win 6 games?

we probably slip back to 4 next year. and catapult to 6 or 7 the following year

I agree with the OP.....However, I feel that Holgs is counting on Chugs coming in next year and taking the qb spot and excelling there....Chugs had great tape throwing the ball, where as Sills and Crest did not....If Chugs is not the man next year, I believe Holgs career will be threatened.....As far as the running backs go, Holgs needs an elite runner to some how show up soon......Smallwood was and is a very good back, but he left a lot of long run touchdowns on the field this year......Look at the tape, Shell and Smallwood had an unbelievably amount of huge running lanes to traverse through....Kyle Rose will be the hard dude to replace next year, He was strong and relentless and had a tremendous amount of experience.....

We are not close to being legitimate playoff contender. We are not going to make a huge leap from being a seminal example of mediocrity to the top in a year or two.

We need first to reestablish the program as a solidly and consistently above average one and then hope for the stars to align in a given season (excellent QB, lineups on both sides filled with solid veterans, a couple of true star players in the mix...) and even then we will need to get the majority of the "bounces."

I don't believe anyone can offer any remotely sensible reason to support the assertion that Holgorsen has what it takes to make us a consistently above average program. He does not excel in ANY single aspect of coaching and is poor at as many as he is average.

He's an average recruiter at best, and after 5 seasons I think it's pretty fair to say that he is nothing more than an average offensive coach. His game management and decision-making is often infuriatingly poor.

I find it amusing that after every bad loss we have a handful of people who repeat the mantra that we should not overreact to one bad game seemingly oblivious to the fact that they need to repeat that statement over and over year after year renders it absurd.

Reactions: GoWVU
This is some of the laziest shit Ive seen on this board.

LOL awhile to fix what? It takes MAYBE 3 years MAX to build a new stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT