ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM The written history of the West Virginia football 2022 class

30th according to Rivals. That is good for 5th in the Big 12 by their metrics. Seems the recruiting wave Brown was riding petered out a bit at the end.

30th according to Rivals. That is good for 5th in the Big 12 by their metrics. Seems the recruiting wave Brown was riding petered out a bit at the end.
According to other recruiting sights WVU is 4th in Big 12 recruiting.

Unfortunately for fans complaining, Brown is here 2 more years no matter what happens. You can thank Shane.

On rivals tied for 5th with Baylor.

According to other sights WVU ranked 4th in Big 12.

According to other recruiting sights WVU is 4th in Big 12 recruiting.

Unfortunately for fans complaining, Brown is here 2 more years no matter what happens. You can thank Shane.
Not complaining, just objectively observing. Brown inherited a program at a disadvantage, but after 3 years has been on an underachieving trajectory of improvement. Now the biggest positive for Brown's tenure took at least a slight hit due to defectors down the stretch. But recruiting rankings mean bunk if we do not see results on the field.

Not complaining, just objectively observing. Brown inherited a program at a disadvantage, but after 3 years has been on an underachieving trajectory of improvement. Now the biggest positive for Brown's tenure took at least a slight hit due to defectors down the stretch. But recruiting rankings mean bunk if we do not see results on the field.
Agree. But don't see a lot of improvement with the supposedly tough schedule this coming season with a freshman QB new RB new OC and soon to be new WR coach. Will be lucky to meet last years 6-6 mark.

Agree. But don't see a lot of improvement with the supposedly tough schedule this coming season with a freshman QB new RB new OC and soon to be new WR coach. Will be lucky to meet last years 6-6 mark.
Yeah, but if there is improvement as the younger guys get experience and settle in to the offense, I'll be okay with it.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I hate to say it, but it's hard to get excited about a new class coming in because you don't know how many of them will still be around 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 from now. And I don't say that in reference to just WVU but to any school.

Will any of these guys coming in be on the field for WVU this fall? If so I'm interested in hearing about them. If not, then I don't want to invest time and interest in them because by the time they get to the point of being on the field, it may be at some other school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1duluth1 and JWG66
I hate to say it, but it's hard to get excited about a new class coming in because you don't know how many of them will still be around 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 from now. And I don't say that in reference to just WVU but to any school.

Will any of these guys coming in be on the field for WVU this fall? If so I'm interested in hearing about them. If not, then I don't want to invest time and interest in them because by the time they get to the point of being on the field, it may be at some other school.
To your point, if these guys don’t get significant PT quickly with NIL deals, there is a good possibility many will consider portaling. It does make it difficult to root long term for any individual player these days.

As for those that will play early, there are 13 early enrollees with several that play positions that we are thin at depth (Safety, QB, CB, TE & WR). So McLaurin/Stokes/Floyd @ S, Woodby/Bin-Wahad @ CB, Straw @ P, Nicco @ QB, Kpogba/Latham @ LB, and Aaron @ WR all could be pressed into service. I think all but Aaron will go through spring and summer conditioning and practices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT