ADVERTISEMENT

The White House chose Griner over Whelan

TarHeelEer

Heisman Winner
Dec 15, 2002

A senior U.S. official told NBC News that the U.S. government had sought to have both Griner and Whelan released as part of a swap with the Kremlin, which wanted the return of Viktor Bout, a Russian arms dealer who has served 11 years of a 25-year sentence in the U.S. But the official said Russia has treated Whelan differently because he is an accused spy, and that the Kremlin gave the White House the choice of either Griner or Whelan — or none.

Can you imagine the fury had they made the choice of the white guy?

Riots in the streets tonight.

Reactions: Airport

A senior U.S. official told NBC News that the U.S. government had sought to have both Griner and Whelan released as part of a swap with the Kremlin, which wanted the return of Viktor Bout, a Russian arms dealer who has served 11 years of a 25-year sentence in the U.S. But the official said Russia has treated Whelan differently because he is an accused spy, and that the Kremlin gave the White House the choice of either Griner or Whelan — or none.
Everything I 've read says the choice was between Griner or nothing and Whelan was not in the mix. I do not agree with the swap however, Griner while no criminal is a selfish ,entitled POS for entering Russia with with what they promulgate to be contraband. We've had to give up a very bad guy who would take American or innocent lives from any country if he could turn a buck which wouldn't have happened if she hadn't pulled the stunt to begin with!

I sincerely hope she learned some appreciation for her Country. If not that's on her. Glad a U.S. Citizen gets to come home. However it looks like Putin made us choose knowing it would upset one side or the other.

Well if you listen to the entire thing she self owned how the decision was made.

I sincerely hope she learned some appreciation for her Country. If not that's on her. Glad a U.S. Citizen gets to come home. However it looks like Putin made us choose knowing it would upset one side or the other.

Yes, she is now free to indulge in all the Hashish oil she cares to enjoy but I hope she understand that the world is a more dangerous place as a result of her "forgetfulness" during packing! When Bout indirectly kills again, it's on her head!

Everything I 've read says the choice was between Griner or nothing and Whelan was not in the mix.

That's the narrative the administration is giving you. In that you are correct.

However, that cat got leaked out of the bag.

Yes, she is now free to indulge in all the Hashish oil she cares to enjoy but I hope she understand that the world is a more dangerous place as a result of her "forgetfulness" during packing! When Bout indirectly kills again, it's on her head!

Bout is extremely good at what he does. He's not going home to hang out at the pool. He's the kind of guy we should have got everyone they have for. Biden should have picked up the phone and talked directly to Putin to negotiate.

The choice was never Brittany or no one.

We could have kept the arms dealer locked up here.
Bout is extremely good at what he does. He's not going home to hang out at the pool. He's the kind of guy we should have got everyone they have for. Biden should have picked up the phone and talked directly to Putin to negotiate.

He'll probably be working for Russia in Ukraine until the war ends.

Way to go Biden!

Reactions: Gunny46
you mean this guy ?

b6c644e042b84d2a.jpg

746ffee52877bce6.jpg

Last edited:
Everything I 've read says the choice was between Griner or nothing and Whelan was not in the mix. I do not agree with the swap however, Griner while no criminal is a selfish ,entitled POS for entering Russia with with what they promulgate to be contraband. We've had to give up a very bad guy who would take American or innocent lives from any country if he could turn a buck which wouldn't have happened if she hadn't pulled the stunt to begin with!
A real President leverages what the Russians value most. American tourist dollars and kicking out their spy’s. Plenty of tools available but libs aren’t willing to use power

Russia offered a 1 to 1 swap for Whelan in exchange for Bout prior to Griner’s detention. This offer was rejected by U.S. officials.

I wonder if she/he will stand during the national anthem after this ?

ADVERTISEMENT