ADVERTISEMENT

The UNKNOWNS! Can we talk about it?

leftackle70

Sophomore
Oct 4, 2017
Even is Sags goes pro, Huggs guys are going to have a different look . What we don't know is interesting to say the least.

What does this new back-court bring to the table replacing JC and Dax with Beetle returning?

Is the addttion of Haley and Matthews as significant as WE THINK it is ?

Is Culver and Gorden really a step up from the past bigs or are they projects?

And if SAGS does return, does this put us in contention for a #1 seed in March of 2019?

Love to hear this forums thoughts on this......

Don't sleep on Knapper. I think he's a potential starter. Culver is plug and play. Matthews plays mins behind Esa. Gordon plays 12-15 mins a game. McCabe gets thrown in ALOT.

Even is Sags goes pro, Huggs guys are going to have a different look . What we don't know is interesting to say the least.

What does this new back-court bring to the table replacing JC and Dax with Beetle returning?

And if SAGS does return, does this put us in contention for a #1 seed in March of 2019?

Gonna be interesting.

Don't sleep on Knapper. I think he's a potential starter. Culver is plug and play. Matthews plays mins behind Esa. Gordon plays 12-15 mins a game. McCabe gets thrown in ALOT.
So. even with stats from past years that are quite unremarkable, Gordon will play more than one fourth of each game? No mention of Routt?

I’d like to see us in a tune up game or two before making conclusions. Specially with Gordon. At first I thought we were going to be too small at guard to press like we have. Then Huggs adds Doomes, Mathews & Haley. Feel like we will be fine now. Just want to see how so many new pieces can play together.

So. even with stats from past years that are quite unremarkable, Gordon will play more than one fourth of each game? No mention of Routt?

I didn't mention Routt because he's technically not an unknown. I was just putting in my opinion on the ones we haven't seen play yet.

Sags often gets in foul trouble. He is a bit of a bull in the china shop. Could potentially see needing him.

I agree Sags can get in foul trouble but with Routt and Culver I just don't see Gordon playing much. It would be tough for him to get 5-7 minutes a game on average, 12-15 on average just isn't gonna happen if Sags returns.

Really think there will be many games with Sags in foul trouble. In my mind, Huggs will play who ever gives him the best chance to win now. It could be Routt ( he knows the plays) but it could be Gordon or Culver for athletics. Don’t see us red shirting unless the player is injured. Not sure how much longer BH will coach any way.

I'm thinking, regardless of who's on the floor, we get more points, more rebounds, more assists, less turnovers from the guards; more points, more rebounds, less fouls, more defense from our front court...that spells a pretty good team...

There was a cool band called "The Unknowns" back in the 80's. They came from San Diego (my hometown) and recorded several albums on Sire Records before they eventually broke up.

Only way Sags goes pro is if he is told he can get a 1st round or early 2nd round look. Or if he is out of his mind and goes anyway then he ends up in European League.

Sags best shot at the pros is at the 3 or 4 positions. To do that he needs to develop his ball handling and shooting skills significantly. IMHO he returns and we have a potential B12 contender and/or champion next season.

Great News On Sags if we can believe the latest. This changes a lot of things not to mention the great experience he brings back to Morgantown. If these kids spend the summer in the gym, we just might see the 1 Seed.

Sags best shot at the pros is at the 3 or 4 positions. To do that he needs to develop his ball handling and shooting skills significantly. IMHO he returns and we have a potential B12 contender and/or champion next season.
I just don’t see him ask a ball handler. Defending high screens with out fouling is needed. He would be isolated quickly if he can’t do that.

I’m sorry, but every time I see the topic, I think of Rumsfeld’s “known unknowns and unknown unknowns”.

I always worry about the unknowns I thought I knew, but unknown to me, I didn’t really know them.

Anyway, with Konate coming back, we keep a great player, give the new guys an opportunity to learn the system, and can look forward to getting our bigs timely breaks so when they’re on the court, they can play with maximum effort.

Reactions: leftackle70
With Sags returning and Routt's continuing improvement, we have experience in the post giving the big newbies time to develop. The 3s and 4s are talented and experienced with a quality freshman and transfer to add at the 3 or possibly 2. The guards will be the biggest area of concern but Huggs has recruited well and Knapper should be a contributor from the start. They have the talent to improve quickly. I like the retooling of this team and think they are capable of winning the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT