ADVERTISEMENT

The ROOT of the problem?

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
“There are those that aren’t a big public school with 50,000 students and literally hundreds of thousands of alumni. Right now, you have 65 Power 5 schools, soon to be 69 with the new Big 12 members. We’ll see how that works out.”

Luck said change has been called for since the 1970s when former Mountaineer football coach Don Nehlen joined with Chuck Neinas’ call for a new system. Remember the College Football Association of 1977, formed to negotiate contracts with TV networks? There was little headway made, but the tension was there and remained.

“The CFA didn’t last very long but that was an attempt to sort of wrestle if you will, big time college football away from the governance of the NCAA,” Luck said.

I thought Vingle was dead?

And of the portal?

“I don’t understand how all these kids go into the portal and come out the other end, two or three months later, with their academics in place,” Luck said. “I don’t know where they’re getting their credits. Are they in school at their prior institutions? All these kids say ‘I’m committed to Miami’ in April. Well, have you been in school at Wichita State? Seriously. I know you can make up a lot of credit hours in the summer, but it just seems like the academic component is being watered down.”

Let’s hope many of these issues are tackled – and that somehow, some way, that one pillar is fortified.

“There are those that aren’t a big public school with 50,000 students and literally hundreds of thousands of alumni. Right now, you have 65 Power 5 schools, soon to be 69 with the new Big 12 members. We’ll see how that works out.”

Luck said change has been called for since the 1970s when former Mountaineer football coach Don Nehlen joined with Chuck Neinas’ call for a new system. Remember the College Football Association of 1977, formed to negotiate contracts with TV networks? There was little headway made, but the tension was there and remained.

“The CFA didn’t last very long but that was an attempt to sort of wrestle if you will, big time college football away from the governance of the NCAA,” Luck said.

I thought Vingle was dead?

And of the portal?

“I don’t understand how all these kids go into the portal and come out the other end, two or three months later, with their academics in place,” Luck said. “I don’t know where they’re getting their credits. Are they in school at their prior institutions? All these kids say ‘I’m committed to Miami’ in April. Well, have you been in school at Wichita State? Seriously. I know you can make up a lot of credit hours in the summer, but it just seems like the academic component is being watered down.”

Let’s hope many of these issues are tackled – and that somehow, some way, that one pillar is fortified.
Are you talking about the same Luck that hired Dana without a proper background check?

Reactions: Rootmaster
That...is not...attribution. I'd suggest you ask your mommy and daddy but they wouldn't know either.
at·tri·bu·tion
/ˌatrəˈbyo͞oSH(ə)n/

When you get a poor grade on a quiz, you might blame the teacher for not adequately explaining the material, completely dismissing the fact that you didn't study.

noun: attribution; plural noun: attributions
  1. the action of regarding something as being caused by a person or thing.
    "the electorate was disillusioned with his immediate attribution of the bombings to a separatist group"​
    • the action of ascribing a work or remark to a particular author, artist, or person.
      "the study of Constable is fraught with problems of attribution"​
    • the action of regarding a quality or feature as characteristic of or possessed by a person or thing.​
      "the attribution of human emotions to inanimate objects"

at·tri·bu·tion
/ˌatrəˈbyo͞oSH(ə)n/

When you get a poor grade on a quiz, you might blame the teacher for not adequately explaining the material, completely dismissing the fact that you didn't study.

noun: attribution; plural noun: attributions
  1. the action of regarding something as being caused by a person or thing.
    "the electorate was disillusioned with his immediate attribution of the bombings to a separatist group"​
    • the action of ascribing a work or remark to a particular author, artist, or person.
      "the study of Constable is fraught with problems of attribution"​
    • the action of regarding a quality or feature as characteristic of or possessed by a person or thing.​
      "the attribution of human emotions to inanimate objects"

My God you are a dense semi illiterate aren't you. Now go follow your normal routine and go Google an answer...steal it...pretend it is your own...repost it and try to look like you actually finished 7th grade. Lol...what a fool.

ADVERTISEMENT