ADVERTISEMENT

The Pizza Place

jpoppa

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2007
Morgantown
Not sure if people have tried it yet but they have a great thick Sicilian Pizza there....Everyone has the Neopolitan style pizzas but the Sicilian makes it one of the best in Morgantown. A little pricy but well worth it

Reactions: WVUBRU
Tried it a couple weeks ago. Expensive, but it's huge.
KvSAXdi.jpg

Reactions: WVUBRU and jpoppa
Did The Pizza Place of Parkersburg open a location in Morgantown? I've been eating Pizza Place in Pburg since they opened in the mid-70's. Yes, one of the best sicilian pies one can find anywhere

Reactions: jpoppa
Did The Pizza Place of Parkersburg open a location in Morgantown? I've been eating Pizza Place in Pburg since they opened in the mid-70's. Yes, one of the best sicilian pies one can find anywhere
Yes, on there website it shows all three locations now, so they def opened one in Morgantown. My wife and I have been getting a Sicilian every week since we found out about the place. I never tried the Pburg spot or we would have been making trips over there if we would have known....The crust is great and the cheese and sauce is just right!

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Yes, on there website it shows all three locations now, so they def opened one in Morgantown. My wife and I have been getting a Sicilian every week since we found out about the place. I never tried the Pburg spot or we would have been making trips over there if we would have known....The crust is great and the cheese and sauce is just right!

ok, I'm going to get one on your recommendation.

Thanks, I didn't look up their website as a few years ago, they didn't have one. Actually, there are now two different companies that claim the Pizza Place name. The Original Pizza Place is in fact the original and they have two locations, Grand Central Mall in Vienna and one in downtown Marietta. The Pizza Place has three locations; in North Parkersburg on Dudley Ave across from PHS, one in South Pburg across from PSHS and this one in Morgantown. Here is a good link of the history. I've known the family since they came to Pburg in the mid-70's and a trip back home never happens without me getting a sicilian pie. Closest thing to my grandmothers I have ever had.

https://www.southpizzaplace.com/home

best pizza in Parkersburg for years and years. thick crust with pepperoni and golden mushrooms.

Thanks, I didn't look up their website as a few years ago, they didn't have one. Actually, there are now two different companies that claim the Pizza Place name. The Original Pizza Place is in fact the original and they have two locations, Grand Central Mall in Vienna and one in downtown Marietta. The Pizza Place has three locations; in North Parkersburg on Dudley Ave across from PHS, one in South Pburg across from PSHS and this one in Morgantown. Here is a good link of the history. I've known the family since they came to Pburg in the mid-70's and a trip back home never happens without me getting a sicilian pie. Closest thing to my grandmothers I have ever had.

https://www.southpizzaplace.com/home
There is also one at the mall in Bridgeport.

When I was back in July, I too got my fill of Pizza Place. Also 4 dozen of pepperoni rolls in Fairmont

Not sure if people have tried it yet but they have a great thick Sicilian Pizza there....Everyone has the Neopolitan style pizzas but the Sicilian makes it one of the best in Morgantown. A little pricy but well worth it

They also have the best cheesesteak in town. Thinly sliced beef tenderloin and the bread has just the right amount if chewiness to it. Highly recommend!

They also have the best cheesesteak in town. Thinly sliced beef tenderloin and the bread has just the right amount if chewiness to it. Highly recommend!
Haven’t tried the cheesesteak there yet. My wife wants pizza from there tomorrow and may have to order the cheesesteak for myself.

Just had their hot Italian sub yesterday. First time I tried it and now ranks number one in my view in Morgantown. Delicious. The bread was outstanding

Just had their hot Italian sub yesterday. First time I tried it and now ranks number one in my view in Morgantown. Delicious. The bread was outstanding

I had some last time I was in Morgantown. I can tell it's the same recipe. And it's delicious. But old Giuseppe in Parkersburg does something to it to give it that extra kick. I don't know what it is, but the pie on Dudley Ave dials it up to 11.

ADVERTISEMENT