ADVERTISEMENT

The new Dana troll tactic of...

The difference is easy.
The Big East was an excellent basketball conference. At times the best conference in the country. West Virginia came into the Big XII and has made the conference even better at the sport.

In football the Big East was not as good as originally thought by West Virginia and it has taken 5 years to begin to recruit in the way to compete in this conference.
Not just that but a lot of people are down on the football program even though they should be proud of the team the last couple of years.
West Virginia going into 2018 is in a much better position to win in this conference than in 2012.

Reactions: Die HardEER
Huggins reinvent WVU basketball for B12 play. Had a couple tough years but came through to where the program is now. Good football coaches do the same in a few years. Look at UCF.

WVU football has not approached the 2010 talent level since leaving the BE.

This issue I have is comparing a HOF coach to a nobody like Dana. The board should be above that nonsense

Problem with that is the infrastructure of West Virginia competing at a higher level was not there.
It took West Virginia a few years to begin to put more money into their football program.
If you look at every university in the Big XII they all have mega boosters who are willing to put money into the program if needed. Syracuse could have if needed but the rest of the Big East after Va Tech and Miami left did not have those type of schools.

KU is a 1-10 program and David Booth who is a KU megabooster and alumnus is putting millions of dollars into stadium renovations.
The total project will be 350 million dollars.

Problem with that is the infrastructure of West Virginia competing at a higher level was not there.
It took West Virginia a few years to begin to put more money into their football program.
If you look at every university in the Big XII they all have mega boosters who are willing to put money into the program if needed. Syracuse could have if needed but the rest of the Big East after Va Tech and Miami left did not have those type of schools.

KU is a 1-10 program and David Booth who is a KU megabooster and alumnus is putting millions of dollars into stadium renovations.
The total project will be 350 million dollars.

KU had a great year when they had a good coach. In football, like basketball, it begins and ends with the coach

The rest is excuses and fluff

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
KU had a great year when they had a good coach. In football, like basketball, it begins and ends with the coach

The rest is excuses and fluff

Great coaches and staff cost money.
To have that takes 10 million at least.
When West Virginia was in the Big East their revenue and operating budget was around 50-65 million.
It has doubled since entering the Big XII.

That is not mentioning facilities and renovations on the stadium.
It is like showing off a house when you host recruits. When a recruit in PA or OH goes to Ohio St and Penn St and now goes to West Virginia there is not much of a difference.
During the years in the Big East it was like going from the penthouse to the outhouse.
Same thing has happened at Maryland with B1G money. Maryland is pulling in top 15-20 classes now.

Once the ACC has their new Tv deal then the ACC schools maybe can compete but for now West Virginia has a leg up on PItt, Va Tech and UVA.

That is why I am surprise Dana is not hitting VA hard for recruits.
WVU should be cleaning up there.

Last edited:
I think this guy is a student at wvu or pitt he seemed to disappear right around the time school let out for christmas break and now he is back.

I visited the strip club one night and woke up two weeks later a couple of thousand dollars lighter and with a terrible drug habit and sores all over my genitalia.

Seriously though I had other priorities but I see my Mountaineer friends and their PItt trolls missed me...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT