ADVERTISEMENT

The latest: WVU an 8 seed in March Madness even after 2 more losses

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
In latest NET Rankings, the only one I pay attention to, WVU is an 8 seed with Kent State and 1 seed Alabama in its future.

After losing to Texas and Baylor.

WVU fans wailing about Huggins not making March Madness are not connected to reality.

Mountaineers are in the toughest conference in America and beat TCU, one of the Top 25 teams.

There’s no way that 64 teams would make March Madness ahead of WVU.

OK, there's a way. If WVU loses EVERY game the rest of the season. Even that would be a close call.

And I predict WVU will win games before March Madness starts.

• Haha
Reactions: tarponeer2003
In latest NET Rankings, the only one I pay attention to, WVU is an 8 seed with Kent State and 1 seed Alabama in its future.

WVU fans wailing about Huggins not making March Madness are not connected to reality.

Mountaineers are in the toughest conference in America and beat TCU, one of the Top 25 teams.

OK, there's a way. If WVU loses EVERY game the rest of the season. Even that would be a close call.

Pure stupid.

Do you really believe WV could lose their final 12 games, finish at 11-20, make the dance, and be an 8 seed? As a former sportswriter, who should be neutral, and not a "homer," you should really reevaluate your thinking. And also see a doctor for a dementia evaluation.

Reactions: Rootmaster

Thought there were 68 teams now. I'm pretty sure If WVU doesn't at least win 7 or 8 conference games plus beat Auburn then they are not seeing the dance. If they finish 1 game above .500 they might get to be NIT.

Thought there were 68 teams now. I'm pretty sure If WVU doesn't at least win 7 or 8 conference games plus beat Auburn then they are not seeing the dance. If they finish 1 game above .500 they might get to be NIT.
Andy Katz prediction has 6 B12-2 teams, 10 from BIG, Marshall a 12 seed. But it's still 50 days out. WV one of first 4 out.

I know the dinosaur's crystal ball is a big early but Iowa State looks like the frontrunner since it has beaten both teams tied with it for 1st place. But I wouldn't put a dime on any team winning the Big 12. Fantastic, brutal #1 conference in America with the last 2 national champions!

WVU will not make the tournament if they dont start winning. Theyll need a winning record for certain. About alot more than being ok if they lose the next two.

Last edited:
I know the dinosaur's crystal ball is a big early but Iowa State looks like the frontrunner since it has beaten both teams tied with it for 1st place. But I wouldn't put a dime on any team winning the Big 12. Fantastic, brutal #1 conference in America with the last 2 national champions!
Do you ever proofread?

Andy Katz prediction has 6 B12-2 teams, 10 from BIG, Marshall a 12 seed. But it's still 50 days out. WV one of first 4 out.
WVU is already out. They would have to go 8-4 in the final 12 to have a chance.

I had no idea Marshall was even winning. Mainly because I don't give a shit.

Andy Katz has no idea what he's talking about.

I SECOND YOUR EMOTION. BIG 12 IS SO BRUTAL IT'S LIKE TRYING TO RUN 100 METERS IN 9 SECONDS THROUGH A MINEFIELD!

Isn't this kind of proof you have multiple accounts?

Only Cuyahoga Falls Eers and (through computer blockade I didn't want, forced to use Tallmadgeers on other web site). Both refer to where I lived (Falls) and moved (Tallmadge) 1 mile away. I never hide who I am. I stand behind what I post, too. No other accounts. I defy you to name them!

Only Cuyahoga Falls Eers and (through computer blockade I didn't want, forced to use Tallmadgeers on other web site). Both refer to where I lived (Falls) and moved (Tallmadge) 1 mile away. I never hide who I am. I stand behind what I post, too. No other accounts. I defy you to name them!
You are also Longtimeer on tos for starters...plus many more. You screwed up another now dead forum by doing the same massive spamlike posting crap that you do here and on tos. You don't construct a logical thought. Your knowledge of grammar is non existant. Your spelling is atrocious. Your facts are often wrong. You don't have any concept of journalistic style discipline. You steal other folks material and pass it on as your own. You brag constantly about your fantasy life and fake accomplishments while belittling the "common" folk who post on forums. Good grief you even make up connections to the icons of wvu sportswriting lore which piss off those of us who did work with those folks. I could go on but waste way too much time paying attention to any of your gibberish.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
So why are you quoting yourself and responding to your own posts? You just agreed with your own post.

I dont care how many you have...but it seems like you outed yourself.

So why are you quoting yourself and responding to your own posts? You just agreed with your own post.

I dont care how many you have...but it seems like you outed yourself.

2 ACCOUNTS BECAUSE COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY BLINDSIDED ME. SORRY YOU SUCKED ME INTO THIS. LET'S JUST TALK WVU SPORTS. PLEASE!

WVU is already out. They would have to go 8-4 in the final 12 to have a chance.

I had no idea Marshall was even winning. Mainly because I don't give a shit.

Andy Katz has no idea what he's talking about.

Were not dead yet. Win tomorrow and the tournament talk becomes very real. The committee has routinely given more weight to Ls against a good schedule vs Ws against a bad one. 18-14 could be enough.

Were not dead yet. Win tomorrow and the tournament talk becomes very real. The committee has routinely given more weight to Ls against a good schedule vs Ws against a bad one. 18-14 could be enough.

YOU POST SEEMS PRETTY REASONABLE TO ME. WVU HAS NEVER BEEN TROUNCED THIS SEASON. JUST CAN'T FINISH IN THE FINAL 5 MINUTES. WHEN WVU GETS INTO MARCH MADNESS ITS FIRST ROUND OPPONENT MAY BE IN FOR A MAJOR SURPRISE AND A WORLD OF HURT!

Oklahoma 18-14 in 2017-18 with Tra Young went to the dance.

ADVERTISEMENT