ADVERTISEMENT

The future is bright in every sport except football

wvpaper

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2010
This sort of epiphany deserves its own thread

What does it say about our AD? What does this say about Holgs?

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Holgersen is cut off from his tree and has to go on his own.
At Oklahoma State and Houston he was constantly around the Texas High School System and the evolution occurring in the spread.
He brought in Jake Spavital to reconnect with this and hopefully Jake spends some time around his brother or spends more time in Texas than West Virginia this offseason.

West Virginia has brought in some good O Linemen and they now need to change from the AirRaid spread to more of a PowerSpread or a ProstyleSpread.

On defense. I see some talent and hopefully some of these athletes that don't have an official position can play D as well.
That White kid who plays S is vicious and so is Long.
The D Line is undersized. I am surprise DH didn't bring in a couple of JUCO linemen. He may still or look for transfers.
West Virginia needs more beef in the middle especially at DT.

I think improvement in strength and conditioning could be important as well.
Need some more size for those linemen.

I wouldn't be as down on DH as some of you are unless he doesn't evolve next year and continues to attempt to use speed and trickery to move the ball.
Sometimes the old fashion way works the best as well and that is I am going to run you over.

Most of the Texas High School system has evolved into running more power based spreads.

ADVERTISEMENT