ADVERTISEMENT

The epic meltdown by the left over the repeal of Title II regulations by the FCC.

Restoring Internet Freedom | Federal Communications Commission
https://www.fcc.gov/restoring-internet-freedom
Two years ago, the FCC abruptly changed course. On a party-line vote, the FCC applied 1930s-era utility-style regulation ("Title II") to the Internet. That decision appears to have put at risk online investment and innovation, threatening the very open Internet it purported to preserve. Requiring ISPs to divert resources to ...

FCC announces plan to reverse Title II net neutrality - The Verge
https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/26/15437840/fcc-plans-end-title-ii-net-neutrality
Apr 26, 2017 - The Federal Communications Commission is cracking open the net neutrality debate again with a proposal to undo the 2015 rules that implemented net neutrality with Title II classification.FCC chairman Ajit Pai called the rules “heavy handed” and said their implementation was “all about politics.

Isn’t net neutrality preventing ISPs from scaling bandwidth? Essentially, getting rid of Net Neutrality means ISPs can kill streaming services, scale bandwidth, charge for usage rates?

@Mntneer

Isn’t net neutrality preventing ISPs from scaling bandwidth? Essentially, getting rid of Net Neutrality means ISPs can kill streaming services, scale bandwidth, charge for usage rates?

@Mntneer

I haven't heard a single reason why this should be repealed other than additional revenue for the ISPs. Why is this a good thing for consumers?

lol...

and eff you Twitter...

you'll be kicking ALL the Trumpers off next Monday anyways...

You have to applaud the GOP’s
/Fox ability to turn issues like net neutrality into a question of freedom. Slow clapping right now.

I am skeptical anytime the government tries to fix things that were not broken.

So how was this regulation impacting you? Was it hurting you in any way? It seemed rather benign but something that could be beneficial down the road if ISPs decided to act inappropriately

you're in luck...

head over to Libya...

due to owebama/clinton killing Gaddafi, slaves can now be bought there right now...

but you seem to like sucking on that owebama nozzle...

So how was this regulation impacting you? Was it hurting you in any way? It seemed rather benign but something that could be beneficial down the road if ISPs decided to act inappropriately
It didnt affect me before 2015. It didnt affect me after 2015. It could have been beneficial or it could have been the opposite. I trust the profit motive over the power motive.

You have to applaud the GOP’s
/Fox ability to turn issues like net neutrality into a question of freedom. Slow clapping right now.
Havent seen shit about it on Fox or much of anywhere else. Maybe if net neutrality folks cared so much about net neutrality they could do a better job of explaining to everyone how it affects them outside of pitting it as big business trying to screw over the man.

I am not for or against the regulation. I have read some about it and asked about it and read arguments on both sides and I dont have a strong opinion either way. I am generally against govt reulation. I am also not sold on the notion that this govt regulation stems from a desire to help me (by me I mean the avg person).

I see the big businesses that are against it and I see businesses just as big who are for it. Businesses usually look out for their bottom line. Which big business should I worry about? I see shills from big companies trying to tell me why I should hate or love this. I have seen some actual good simple breakdowns that seemed informative and there were good explanations for both sides.

I do know that moving forward information will explode exponentially over what it is now. Broadband will feel pressure at its current wavelengths to share with other modes of information exchange. I dont know where all of that leaves us so instead I am a bit indifferent.

Reactions: DvlDog4WVU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT