ADVERTISEMENT

The democrats are scared

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
they have dusted off maobama, uncle joe , and the gun runner holder to attack the President.....ok fine.....just remember...karma is a real bitch

they have dusted off maobama, uncle joe , and the gun runner holder to attack the President.....ok fine.....just remember...karma is a real bitch
should be fun, trump will not mince words as will answer them with choice words

Reactions: atlkvb

They're not scared Snow Sled Baby...they're desperate! What would you run on if you were one of them? Hope? "Yes we can"? "You didn't build that"? [eyeroll]

Trump's anger politics is not sustainable. It just wears people out. In addition to people not wanting to constantly hate the other party, with Trump you gotta hate the guys in your own party if they don't play nice with Trump.

Trump may lose in 2020 regardless but imagine if a mainstream Republican runs as an independent against him. If so, he is toast. Usually in that case a reaction would be "You gotta vote for sitting GOP POTUS, else the Dem wins" but in this case Trump has been so nasty to GOPers that disagree with him that lots of GOPers won't mind that voting for the Independent would help the Dems.

IOW, there is going to be a big ABT (Anybody But Trump) vote in 2020 unless Trump starts to integrate a piece of "nice" into his politics, which he seems incapable of.

Trump's anger politics is not sustainable

I can't believe you posted this along with everything else you said #5 when the entire "mo" of the Left today is nothing other than "anger politics" and irrational anti-Trump hatred!

Seriously Op2?o_O

We don't agree on much (hardly anything) but I do consider you one of the more reasonably intelligent Leftists who posts here on the OT forum. However your suggestion that all of the hate and vitriol is located with Trump is laughable if not downright incredibly stupid.

I know you're smarter than what you posted in #5...good grief Op2! [eyeroll]

Trump may lose in 2020 regardless but imagine if a mainstream Republican runs as an independent against him. If so, he is toast.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away” ...........

Last edited:
Trump's anger politics is not sustainable. It just wears people out. In addition to people not wanting to constantly hate the other party, with Trump you gotta hate the guys in your own party if they don't play nice with Trump.

Op2, if "anger politics" is not sustainable can you please explain what else the main message of the Left has been since Trump's election?

I honestly would like a reasonable answer from you on this? :confused:

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby

Trump may lose in 2020 regardless but imagine if a mainstream Republican runs as an independent against him. If so, he is toast. Usually in that case a reaction would be "You gotta vote for sitting GOP POTUS, else the Dem wins" but in this case Trump has been so nasty to GOPers that disagree with him that lots of GOPers won't mind that voting for the Independent would help the Dems.

IOW, there is going to be a big ABT (Anybody But Trump) vote in 2020 unless Trump starts to integrate a piece of "nice" into his politics, which he seems incapable of.
Libs have been doing it forever.

I can't believe you posted this along with everything else you said #5 when the entire "mo" of the Left today is nothing other than "anger politics" and irrational anti-Trump hatred!

Seriously Op2?o_O

We don't agree on much (hardly anything) but I do consider you one of the more reasonably intelligent Leftists who post on here on the OT forum. However your suggestion that all of the hate and vitriol is located with Trump is laughable if not downright incredibly stupid.

I know you're smarter than what you posted in #5...good grief Op2! [eyeroll]

The Dems do hate too but they mostly hate the GOP rather than each other. Trump has not only alienated a significant portion of GOP partisans but also every GOP POTUS or POTUS candidate for decades.

Let's go back in time and check.

2012 -- Romney, the nicest guy in the world, doesn't like Trump.

2008 -- McCain. Not only did McCain not like Trump but many GOPers are angry that Trump would treat a former GOP POTUS candidate, war hero and thoroughly decent man like that. And it's not going to get better with time. McCain's reputation is only going to get better over time.

2000 and 2004 -- W hates Trump.

1996 -- I don't know if Dole still has his mind but if he does he likely hates Trump because of the kind of guy Does is/was.

1988 and 1992 -- Bush Sr hates Trump.

1984 and earlier -- They all were dead before Trump got into politics.

That's a pretty long list.

The Dems are indeed doing lots of crazy stuff, much of it hate, but the thing is, in a two party system all you have to be is less bad than the other side.

Libs have been doing it forever.

They've not only been doing it Airport, but they have been given a big assist from within the Republican party! The OG 'anti-Trumpers' were the GOP establishment types who hated his guts as a candidate and still do even though he's been in Office almost two full years and been wildly successful carrying a Conservative agenda! WTF?o_O

Reactions: Airport
The Dems do hate too but they mostly hate the GOP rather than each other. Trump has not only alienated a significant portion of GOP partisans but also every GOP POTUS or POTUS candidate for decades.

2008 -- McCain. Not only did McCain not like Trump but many GOPers are angry that Trump would treat a former GOP POTUS candidate, war hero and thoroughly decent man like that. And it's not going to get better with time. McCain's reputation is only going to get better over time.

1996 -- I don't know if Dole still has his mind but if he does he likely hates Trump because of the kind of guy Does is/was.

1988 and 1992 -- Bush Sr hates Trump.

1984 and earlier -- They all were dead before Trump got into politics.

That's a pretty long list.

The Dems are indeed doing lots of crazy stuff, much of it hate, but the thing is, in a two party system all you have to be is less bad than the other side.

Well you've certainly done a good job of chronicling all of the "never Trump" hatred on the GOP side...no argument there. I'm somewhat relieved to see you at least tacitly admit the Left has also been dutifully riding on the Trump hatred bandwagon although you didn't exactly tell me what else they have offered to voters as an alternative?

They've not only been doing it Airport, but they have been given a big assist from within the Republican party! The OG 'anti-Trumpers' were the GOP establishment types who hated his guts as a candidate and still do even though he's been in Office almost two full years and been wildly successful carrying a Conservative agenda! WTF?o_O
He's been more conservative than even Reagan

Well you've certainly done a good job of chronicling all of the "never Trump" hatred on the GOP side...no argument there. I'm somewhat relieved to see you at least tacitly admit the Left has also been dutifully riding on the Trump hatred bandwagon although you didn't exactly tell me what else they have offered to voters as an alternative?

Don't overcomplicate my message. It's simple. If the groups of people that dislike Trump include (a) Dems and (b) the significant portion of people in Trump's party that Trump has alienated, then Trump is going to have a hard time winning. Note that Trump barely won in 2016 even though his opponent was one of the worst in history. Even though the Dems are somewhat crazy there is a good chance they nominate someone better than HRC in 2020.

Don't overcomplicate my message. It's simple. If the groups of people that dislike Trump include (a) Dems and (b) the significant portion of people in Trump's party that Trump has alienated, then Trump is going to have a hard time winning. Note that Trump barely won in 2016 even though his opponent was one of the worst in history. Even though the Dems are somewhat crazy there is a good chance they nominate someone better than HRC in 2020.

The last part of this post is 100% correct (she may be in jail by then) however a key dynamic you omit in your analysis is the Republican base voter. They do not hate Trump as much as the party establishment types, and Trump's appeal to them goes far beyond the confines of the D.C. swamp.

@Op2 As I mentioned, you're one of the more astute posters on the Left of this forum yet I don't think even you realize how prescient your assessment of "anger politics" was, especially when it comes to the Left and their adoption of it. I asked you in post #8 of this thread what else the Left has offered voters besides irrational "hatred politics" which you yourself indicated is not sustainable.

My ongoing challenge to any Leftist willing to accept it is to offer superior policy alternatives to Trump's successful policy results, which I submit are sustainable and in fact will be what voters ultimately judge him on. Not the Left's irrational TDS.

Your avoidance of a policy based answer to that question and your excellent suggestion that "anger politics" is not sustainable is ultimately the correct analysis to my suggestion that the Left is about to be wiped out in these upcoming mid terms precisely because they have offered nothing to voters besides irrational anti Trump "hatred politics" which you correctly pointed out is not sustainable.

I'm arguing you can't even win with it, you disagree?

Last edited:
@Op2 As I mentioned, you're one of the more astute posters on the Left of this forum yet I don't think even you realize how prescient your assessment of "anger politics" was, especially when it comes to the Left and their adoption of it. I asked you in post #8 of this thread what else the Left has offered voters besides irrational "hatred politics" which you yourself indicated is not sustainable.

My ongoing challenge to any Leftist willing to accept it is to offer superior policy alternatives to Trump's successful policy results, which I submit are sustainable and in fact will be what voters ultimately judge him on. Not the Left's irrational TDS.

Your avoidance of a policy based answer to that question and your excellent suggestion that "anger politics" is not sustainable is ultimately the correct analysis to my suggestion that the Left is about to be wiped out in these upcoming mid terms precisely because they have offered nothing to voters besides irrational anti Trump "hatred politics" which you correctly pointed out is not sustainable.

I'm arguing you can't even win with it, you disagree?

Here are the midterm election results over time. I don't think the Left is going to be wiped out in these midterms or anything like it. I think you are to some degree engaging in wishful thinking on this topic. Trump is not very popular and the party of a sitting party has a hard time in midterms to begin with.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/mid-term_elections.php

Here are the midterm election results over time. I don't think the Left is going to be wiped out in these midterms or anything like it. I think you are to some degree engaging in wishful thinking on this topic. Trump is not very popular and the party of a sitting party has a hard time in midterms to begin with.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/mid-term_elections.php

Not arguing with those historic results Op2. It is what is and they are what they are. Sadly, this doesn't answer my original question to you in post #8 of this thread, and unless you are arguing against your own analysis that "hatred politics" is not sustainable, I'm submitting this year will be different because Trump is such an anomaly in electoral politics.

If you're going to defeat his agenda, you'd better have one superior to his. The Left is selling only anti-Trump hate, and unless your analysis suggesting "hatred politics" is not sustainable is incorrect, (I happen to think you were 100% spot on) then my suggestion about a further loss of both seats and power for the Left stands until proven otherwise. History does repeat itself, but history is also made every day. Trump's election was historic by a number of objective measurables, and I don't think the old rules of politics apply to him.

We'll see.

Last edited:

Lets go back in time:
  • 2012.....Romney was racist.
  • 2008....McCain was a racist and warmonger.
  • 2004.....Bush an idiot.
  • 2000....Bush was illegitimate and an idiot.

34323989_1779228238767108_3667780248331616256_n.jpg

This latest trick against Kavavaugh tells us all you need to know about what lengths they will go to......unfukinbelievable.

The really sad thing about the Democrat party is they think everyone else thinks like them, and then they try to "impose" their thinking onto everyone else while accusing everyone else of "hate" simply because some honestly oppose the Left or think differently. Yet, when asked to defend what they actually believe in, they either lie or run away from it. A rational defense of what they actually believe is something you will never hear, but you will get accused of "hate" if you disagree with their thought paradigms. That's one mixed up, screwed, up, F'd up collection of individuals over there on our Left. The true "deplorables" to borrow a phrase from one of their more enlightened leaders.[eyeroll]

yep, most Americans are damned tired of their shenanigans...

must vote for the Trump politicians in November...

yep, most Americans are damned tired of their shenanigans...

must vote for the Trump politicians in November...

82 I think one of the most under-reported stories among many by the MSM...is how disgusted most normal Americans are by the constant stream of negative hate emanating from both the Democrat Left and the media in general. People are tuning it out mostly, but they're also disgusted by it because it flies in the face of what otherwise should be positive news about our economy, and the future of the country.

But Leftist ideologues in the media are simply dummies repeating the ventriloquist refrains of their Democrat puppet masters who are infused with TDS inspired hatred. They are so arrogant and isolated they don't think the American people see through their charades. The backlash in 2016 against their bias by electing Trump stunned them. I'm clearing my schedule to watch the election returns as they come in on November 6th, to see the looks of stunned disbelief on their arrogant faces when they finally get to hear from all of us who are 100% fed up with all of them.

Last edited:
Trump is not very popular

Is this based on his policies or the media's narrowly portrayed view of him which is always negative? This question isn't on the ballot this Fall, but the answer to it will determine how the race ends up.

Which is the correct assessment of Trump's Presidency 2 years into Office? His policies & their results? Or his quirky, unlikeable personality trumpeted by his Leftist detractors?

If it's the former, Republicans will wipe out the Left of the Democrat party and win huge voting majorities for the rest of Trump's agenda. If it's the latter...Democrats will sweep into Congressional offices riding a huge "Blue Wave" effectively ending Trump's policy driven agenda.

Stay tuned.

They’re just so stupid. And that’s the problem because most Americans are stupid and will vote for anything.

Agree Democrat voters are stupid, and will vote for anything. Disagree most voters are Democrat.

Insisting there is no "magic wand" to wave to bring back lost manufacturing jobs then having the stones to show up two years later claiming credit for the very jobs he said could not "magically" reappear!

Now that takes a pair of major league Cajones folks!
article-2346792-1A70EA0E000005DC-380_1024x615_large.jpg

Last edited:
Says the Republicans freaking out on their favorite forum, lol. Just terrified. Keep sending Donnie out to rally that expanding base and draw in the independents.

Reactions: countryroads89
Says the Republicans freaking out on their favorite forum, lol. Just terrified. Keep sending Donnie out to rally that expanding base and draw in the independents.
we will....and you keep trotting out maxine, 23 and me, uncle joe, maobama, your latest democratic party chair who doesn't know the constitution....hell even throw in kerry and the hildebeast............we might have one "clown"....but you guys have a whole circus tent full.......TDS strikes again[pfftt]

ADVERTISEMENT