ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 12 still needs to expand

Re: The ACC is not going to get any team in the Big12

Complacency and lack of vision was a key to the demise of the Big East. The Big 12 will never be stable at 10 teams, especially with WVU located on a distant island.

I don't agree

The basketball schools controlled what could be done. They did not want anymore schools in their basketball league and did not want football numbers to out weigh and outvote them. I don't see stability being enhanced by adding teams no one else wants. Stability doesn't have much to do with the number of teams in the conference, it has to do with whether the grass is a lot greener someplace else.

The problem with UConn in all sports is that their travel burden would be even worse that ours. If the eventual goal is for there to be 4-5 main conferences with 16-20 teams each, in as many large markets as possible for football, then where does one draw the line? At what point does it just become ridiculous?

DIVISION A
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas State
Kansas
Iowa State

DIVISION B
Texas
Texas Tech
TCU
Baylor

DIVISION C
BYU
Boise State
UNLV
Colorado State

DIVISION D
WVU
Cincy
UConn
USF
UCF

The ONLY thing good about this conference is playing OU and UT EVERY year!!!! Anything other than that is no better than the AAC.

The ONLY thing good about this conference is playing OU and UT EVERY year!!!! Anything other than that is no better than the AAC.

Would love to see WV back together with VT, Pitt, and Miami. There were some historic rivalries with these 4 teams. FSU and Clemson have history with WV as well. They also have history with Louisville, Cuse and BC. WV just makes way to much since and should be in the ACC in the next round of expansion. Swofford and some other stupid folks let them get away and just about every ACC fan is pissed off about that. I think ND and WV would be the teams to get the ACC to 16 in the future

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT